Not open for further replies.

syfy

ISO - Icy Lemon Drops
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
South Carolina
Vicki,

Greetings!

I recently ordered 2 x ego-t 1000 mAh pass through batteries. I’ve owned the ego 1000 mAh batteries before but not the ego-t model. On my old ego batteries, I plug in the USB cable and there’s a Red LED that turns on at the end where the USB plug is, however when I plug in my new 2 x ego-t from cignot, there is no charging LED turning on at all. I even tried draining the batteries a little, just to make sure they were not 100% charged, but no change, still no charging LED.

When I opened their boxes when I received them in the mail, the batteries already had some charge, so I’ve been able that the batteries function when paired up to a Cartomizer (CE2), but just not when plugged into the USB for charging.

The only LED that turns on is the one that lights up on the manual button itself, but no Red LED when charging.

I’m inquiring with you to find out if there has been any electronic changes in the new ego-t pass through that no longer had the Red LED for charging when it’s plugged into the USB cable.

I didn’t want to let this issue carry on just in case the batteries are malfunctioning, and they would need to be sent back to you.

I’m posting this letter here in the forum, but also including my contact info and recent order information in an email.

I sincerely appreciate your help.

Respectfully,

Ian

Last edited:

syfy

ISO - Icy Lemon Drops
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
South Carolina
vaporooski,

Thanks for the reply. I actually have an AC adapter direct to mini USB to charge it. That charger has worked with all of my other ego batteries for the past year, so I'm pretty sure it's got enough power. But to be certain, I did try to charge off of the USB port on my desktop that has a 750 watt power supply, and the ego-t wouldn't charge there either.

syfy

ISO - Icy Lemon Drops
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
South Carolina
Just bought a 650 mah in person a few days ago and mine does light up red near the mini usb connector when plugged in.. Im sure if theres an issue they will take care of you.. The CS is great

Thanks for the reply. After working with Vicki on the side regarding this, I believe it became apparent what was weird. I never received a newly purcahsed ego battery that was fully charged before. So when I plugged in the ego batteries from cignot.com the lights wouldn’t come on because they were already fully charged!

ROFL (smacking myself in the forehead!)

I hope the ECF members and their families have a Safe, Happy, Healthy and Very Merry Christmas, or Happy Hanukkah and a Fantastic New Year!! Bless you all!

syfy

ISO - Icy Lemon Drops
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
South Carolina
Glad you figured it out.. Enjoy the new hardware.. I know I am.. (Plugged in when working, driving or surfing the web and charged for on the go vaping) Cant get better!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you as well..

Thanks! I've been using the ego 1000mAh for about a year now, the new ones that I got recently have the added 5-click auto shut on/off feature. But it is great to charge it any where, and have a nice amount of power in such a compact battery. It's also nice that it can be charged using the older screw on charger too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread