Question with 0.5 ohm coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happydays882

Mar 21, 2018
hi. I am new to vaping. I recently purchased a smok procolor 225w and it has a 0.5 ohm coil. I can set the watts manually on the device. What is the recommendation of watts for this 0.5 coil? I notice the lower I set it at (30w) I can hardly get any vape while it’s at 50w, it works fine. I just wanna make sure so I dont ruin the device. Thanks

Reactions: stols001

Happydays882

Mar 21, 2018
The coil will have some recommendation on it. You can start about 10-15W below and slowly adjust upwards to your liking. You won't ruin the device but if you go too high you'll ruin the coil. If you don't exceed the laser etching on the coil (or whatever it is) you should be fine.
Oh ok. I was confused by that coil thing. I looked at my coil and it says 30-100w. So those ranges are ok?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Being within the recommended resistance but on the lower side is probably your best bet as far as not overstressing the coil. It seems like your happy place is well below the highest recommended wattage, I would have no hesitations moving to 50 watts if that is where you like the vape. Going below recommended wattage on a coil is usually fine. Going above it will tend to shorten coil life.

Welcome.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Lol true. Thanks for your help. I’ll keep it at 50w.
Welcome and glad you joined.
I attempt to keep my watts balanced between good clouds with emphases on maximum flavor output at the most cost effective build for me. It all about you and your desires.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread