Questioning my MVP 2.0 purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomerFZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hey all...got a question about a recent purchase. I bought the MVP 2.0 and a nautilus tank and I've been relatively happy with the setup. That is until I got a backup MOD...the Vision Spinner II (that's still a "MOD" right?). vaping seem so much more enjoyable on the Vision spinner than on the MVP. The MVP works, but I usually have to "prime" it with an initial puff before I take a good hit. And even then, I don't seem to get nearly as good a hit as on my Spinner. I've tried numerous voltage and wattage settings on the MVP to no avail. So my questions....is there something wrong with my MVP or is the Spinner just that much better a device? And my having to "prime" the MVP with a puff before I get a good hit...is that normal or could there be some other reason it takes a second or two to heat up? Thanks folks!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Many of the Innokin models have a fitting that's just a bit taller than most other brands. That can prevent a solid connection to the center, positive, post. If you have n adapter (510 -510 extender, ego-510 adapter, etc.), try that. You don't want to crank your topper down hard, just snug. Overtightening can crush the insulator under the positive post, or the insulator in the topper, producing a poor connection. Might that be what's happened to hour MVP?

If so, turn it off and "rock" the post VERY slightly from 3 or 4 points around it to wiggle it up a hair.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
It's pretty much the same type of performance with the MVP 2 being just a tad more powerful. If you're using the same tank on both units (taking it off one and placing it on the other) you should see similar performance.

If it's the exact same tanks (using two of them) then your coil is most likely the problem buddy. Coils are hit and miss unless you build them yourself with an RBA. The MVP 2 should actually be a bit better with much better battery life.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yeah guys same tank on both. A Nautilus Mini. And I matched the volts on the MVP to 4.3 which is what I vape on with the Spinner.

Just because you set them the same does not mean they are producing the same :). I also think you may have two Nautilus Minis, one on each. They can also vape different, so swap them and see if the issue follows them.

If it doesn't, I would try adjusting one mod's voltage to match the others performance. If that works you have the solution, one is outputting different power than the other. If this doesn't work try the positive 510 contact fix with the weaker one.

Good luck with it.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Is the nautilus mini airflow through the 510?

No.

It sounds like (if anything) there's a loose connection. Also, as said above, you don't "prime" a battery. That doesn't make any sense. And "mod" doesn't have to be capitalized, it's not an acronym, it's an abbreviation of "modification".

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
No.

It sounds like (if anything) there's a loose connection. Also, as said above, you don't "prime" a battery. That doesn't make any sense. And "mod" doesn't have to be capitalized, it's not an acronym, it's an abbreviation of "modification".

Thanks, never used one and didn't feel like looking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread