eGo vs 510

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 14

STEELRAIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
To an extent yes. Honestly, I'd just stick with whatnis working. If once you feel experienced enough to tinker and venture out you still have questions feel free to ask. You haven't even touched on BC, BDC, GENI to name a few.

But yes in essence the main physical difference is appearance. But performance is by far the most notable difference. Give a Clearo a good rip, then try the same on a Carto, you'll understand the difference then lol.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
In 2010, when i started vaping, there was a flavor cartridge which held juice. You screwed the Atomizer to it. Two seperate pieces.
In 2011 the two pieces were melded together and called a cartomizer. Soon shorted to Carto.
There is no filiment feeding anything.
A batting that you juiced up, a piece of quilted paper surrounded the coil/ wick assembly.
34awg/silica.
Silica has a high melt temp far exceeding the surrounding batting, hense the quilted material acting as a heat shield when moist.
I took apart dozens of these trying to repair fried coils.
No, atomizers should not be clasified as cartos.
Confusion exists because of Carto Tanks. A last ditch effort to prolong the carto.
BE VERY HAPPY with todays technology.

viperyuan

Dec 27, 2016
To an extent yes. Honestly, I'd just stick with whatnis working. If once you feel experienced enough to tinker and venture out you still have questions feel free to ask. You haven't even touched on BC, BDC, GENI to name a few.

But yes in essence the main physical difference is appearance. But performance is by far the most notable difference. Give a Clearo a good rip, then try the same on a Carto, you'll understand the difference then lol.
A carto-tank equals a clearo? It really looks the same.:confused:

STEELRAIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Read the lower section of this post.
In 2010, when i started vaping, there was a flavor cartridge which held juice. You screwed the Atomizer to it. Two seperate pieces.
In 2011 the two pieces were melded together and called a cartomizer. Soon shorted to Carto.
A batting that you juiced up, a piece of quilted paper surrounded the coil/ wick assembly.
34awg/silica.
Silica has a high melt temp far exceeding the surrounding batting, hense the quilted material acting as a heat shield when moist.
Confusion exists because of Carto Tanks. A last ditch effort to prolong the carto.

viperyuan

Dec 27, 2016
34awg/silica.
Yes, more I learn about e-cig and atomizer, I really think the categories of atomizer are not very reasonable.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
A carto-tank equals a clearo? It really looks the same.:confused:

No.

A Carto-Tank is a Tank that excepts a Cartomizer. And the Cartomizer that goes into a Carto-Tank has a Hole in the side of it so the e-Liquid can go from the Tank to the inside of the Cartomizer.

A Clearo is a Self Contained Atomizer and Tank combined. And there is Nothing that can be Removed or Replaced per say.

Reactions: daviedog

STEELRAIN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The essentials are basically Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer and Rebuildable Tank Atomizer. Most everything is within these two. Granted if you cant/won't make your own coils you can get many tanks with prebuilt heads containing the wick and coil. Rebuilding is much cheaper though.

Reactions: daviedog

viperyuan

Dec 27, 2016
No.

A Carto-Tank is a Tank that excepts a Cartomizer. And the Cartomizer that goes into a Carto-Tank has a Hole in the side of it so the e-Liquid can go from the Tank to the inside of the Cartomizer.

A Clearo is a Self Contained Atomizer and Tank combined. And there is Nothing that can be Removed or Replaced per say.
A carto-tank + a cartomizer=a clearomizer?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Bingo! The whole Vape industry grew Fast & Haphazardy,,, soft laugh..

And the Industry grew using Shortened Slang Terms that people on Forums like this used.

When I started, what you put an Atty on was called an e-Cigarette. And if you came up with a Modification, or you Build something from scratch, that was called a "Mod".

Then people started to call an e-Cigarette a "PV" for Personal Vaporizer.

Then they called them "APV's"

Now, everything is called a Mod.

LOL

viperyuan

Dec 27, 2016
Why? OMG:eek:
The carto-tank acts like a reservoir in the glasso.
And the cartomizer acts like the atomizer inside the glasso.
I am aware of the punched holes in the cartimizer, which enable the e-juice to be absorbed into it. However, the glassomizer must have similar holes which have the same oil absorption function.
Then why can't I have the conclusion ‘A carto-tank + a cartomizer=a clearomizer?’ ?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Why? OMG:eek:
The carto-tank acts like a reservoir in the glasso.
And the cartomizer acts like the atomizer inside the glasso.
I am aware of the punched holes in the cartimizer, which enable the e-juice to be absorbed into it. However, the glassomizer must have similar holes which have the same oil absorption function.
Then why can't I have the conclusion ‘A carto-tank + a cartomizer=a clearomizer?’ ?

Because if it contains a Cartomizer, Nobody calls it a Clearomizer.

That's what made a Clearomizer Different. It didn't use a Cartomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread