Questions about the Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightlord

Sep 15, 2014
Missouri
I have not found a single review of the Atlantis yet. I just upgraded from a nautilus to this beast, and I have some concerns.

I WILL NOT begin to trash this device. I promise. I hated on the nautilus when I first got it. Hard. Then I fell in love. I understand that there's a learning curve with all devices, and the Atlantis is no exception.

SO, if any experienced owners could answer a few questions I have, I would greatly appreciate it.

1: The Vapor is SO warm. I started out at 30w, and am down to 20w, doing itty bitty baby hits. Is this something I just need to get used to, or am I doing something wrong?

2. There isn't much flavor. Now, to be fair, I'm using a bottle of MBV 80vg that I've had sitting around for a while, this may not be the best whatever.

I really do hope I can get used to the heat of the vape, because right now I'm not getting much enjoyment out of the product.

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Your love/hate relationship with a new vaping device is par for the course! I'm a six year vaper and I go through this every time I "upgrade".

The vapor is much warmer using the Atlantis vs. the Nautilus because the resistance of the coil is much lower. I also prefer my vapor to not be hot, and I've been vaping at about 25w. You're not doing anything wrong. Whatever works for you is what's right to do! Experiment with different wattage settings and different lengths of your hits. Also experiment with the airflow adjustment at the base of the tank. If you have a really thick juice (high VG or dark juice), use one of the larger holes; if you have a very thin juice (high PG and lighter color juices), try one of the smaller air holes. Choosing a smaller air hole will also tighten up the draw and might give you a cooler vapor.

As far as flavor, I use 50/50 and higher juices (most with higher VG than PG), and I'm getting great flavor from the Atlantis coils after a brief break-in period of use. I estimate that it takes about 1/4 of a tank of use before I'm very happy with the flavor from a new coil. The really good thing I've noticed is that a coil lasts almost a month with no heroic efforts on my part. Bonus! :D You could try a different juice in your tank to see if you notice a flavor difference. As with all things on this forum, YMMV.

Good luck with your new toy!

Bammer555

Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
Yes, that's quite an adjustment from a Nautilus to an Atlantis. Much warmer vape, back it down to 15watts, it's noticeably cooler and the flavor is still better then a Nauty. As you get use to it you should be able to bring up the heat. Also the smallest hole will produce warmer vape as you go up the biggest will be slightly cooler.

As far as flavor goes might be your juice, try something else that you know is good. Oh and by the way the Subtank Mini with the 1.2 coil is still quite warm vape.

Ennsem

Jan 22, 2015
Pelangi
I have not found a single review of the Atlantis yet. I just upgraded from a nautilus to this beast, and I have some concerns.

I WILL NOT begin to trash this device. I promise. I hated on the nautilus when I first got it. Hard. Then I fell in love. I understand that there's a learning curve with all devices, and the Atlantis is no exception.

SO, if any experienced owners could answer a few questions I have, I would greatly appreciate it.

1: The Vapor is SO warm. I started out at 30w, and am down to 20w, doing itty bitty baby hits. Is this something I just need to get used to, or am I doing something wrong?

2. There isn't much flavor. Now, to be fair, I'm using a bottle of MBV 80vg that I've had sitting around for a while, this may not be the best whatever.

I really do hope I can get used to the heat of the vape, because right now I'm not getting much enjoyment out of the product.

1: Naah your not doing anything wrong, its something you need to get used to. Warm is ok but not hot.. When I first started out vaping with the Taifun GT, even at 15watts I feel that its too hot.. For me right now with the Atlantis, I vape around 15-30watts depending on the juice. There is no standard rule of thumb saying that you have to vape this particular juice at this particular wattage. Go with what your comfortable with.

2: Hmm for me with higher VG juices, i find the flavour to be somewhat light and not in your face. Try switching to another juice and see if you get more flavour.
I havent gotten any flavour issues yet and the Atlantis has been producing great flavours! The bigger the air flow, the cooler the vape and the flavour gets lighter.

Trailz

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
NE OH US
2: Hmm for me with higher VG juices, i find the flavour to be somewhat light and not in your face. Try switching to another juice and see if you get more flavour.
I havent gotten any flavour issues yet and the Atlantis has been producing great flavours! The bigger the air flow, the cooler the vape and the flavour gets lighter.
Yep, I bought higher VG juice because it's a sub ohm device and thought it'd be better. I'm going back to 50/50 juice because I can't even taste the MaxVG Fruit Loops flavor in the Atlantis. Definitely drop your VG down if you're not getting flavor, the difference is amazing.

workman70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Knoxville, TN
Personally, I switched the wicking to Japanese cotton and enjoying the Atlantis much more. If not for that, I would have sold it. I don't trust the prebuilt coils wicking material. It tasted off to me, and it hurt my throat. No issues since moving to cotton, and of course, the flavor is much better too. Using 50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread