Questions about the RN4081 - Ask Em Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oly_r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Marylandistan
Just bought an overpriced Duet kit at a kiosk in the mall and in my new member post it was suggested it was a rn4081. Does anyone here know if it still is? The other poster suggested finding a 7-11 with npro cartomizers to test it but i haven't done that yet. I think this one works pretty well but then again i just bought it Saturday (4 days ago). I'm looking at buying another one since my wife thinks she wants an e-cig but i'm definitely not going through the mall kiosk again so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
[.....Qoute from Oly-rJust bought an overpriced Duet kit at a kiosk in the mall and in my new member post it was suggested it was a rn4081. Does anyone here know if it still is? The other poster suggested finding a 7-11 with npro cartomizers to test it but i haven't done that yet. I think this one works pretty well but then again i just bought it Saturday (4 days ago). I'm looking at buying another one since my wife thinks she wants an e-cig but i'm definitely not going through the mall kiosk again so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated].......

To Andyhrn and Oly-R

You have found this forum and that is a very good thing, so start looking around and you won't be sorry and you will SAVE money in the long run. Also go on and start asking questions, people here are good with offering advice and suggestions.
I wouldn't suggest Dealextreme. There are so many Vendors on this forum. Start looking around and you will get a good idea of different E-cigs to choose from and some for that price or near that price that are more powerful/ gives you better flavor and vapor. AtomsUSA, on the forum has RN4081'so try them to see what they have. You can look through the Suppliers Forum at the different companys to browse through. Again Welcome but PLEASE look through the vendors on this forum, go to The New Memebers Forum to get some of their ideas on new vapers and read, read, read. You will enjoy vaping.

Last edited:

oly_r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Marylandistan
[.....Qoute from Oly-rJust bought an overpriced Duet kit at a kiosk in the mall and in my new member post it was suggested it was a rn4081. Does anyone here know if it still is? The other poster suggested finding a 7-11 with npro cartomizers to test it but i haven't done that yet. I think this one works pretty well but then again i just bought it Saturday (4 days ago). I'm looking at buying another one since my wife thinks she wants an e-cig but i'm definitely not going through the mall kiosk again so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated].......

To Andyhrn and Oly-R

You have found this forum and that is a very good thing, so start looking around and you won't be sorry and you will SAVE money in the long run. Also go on and start asking questions, people here are good with offering advice and suggestions.
I wouldn't suggest Dealextreme. There are so many Vendors on this forum. Start looking around and you will get a good idea of different E-cigs to choose from and some for that price or near that price that are more powerful/ gives you better flavor and vapor. AtomsUSA, on the forum has RN4081'so try them to see what they have. You can look through the Suppliers Forum at the different companys to browse through. Again Welcome but PLEASE look through the vendors on this forum, go to The New Memebers Forum to get some of their ideas on new vapers and read, read, read. You will enjoy vaping.

I've been reading for three days now, there is sooooooo much info here. I have to admit this post was done while i was looking around in the hopes that I could get a reply that might cover whatever i end up missing while jumping around. I've been through the beginners tutorial and the new members forum. I looking at the suppliers group and not a lot of them stock 4081's. Yesterday i almost posted that i must be missing something because I didn't see much good being said about the 4081 and mine had lasted me two days on one charge with the first cartomizer still going strong at 4 days. I didn't because i found this thread but then my battery died at half a day. Well i stopped in at 7-11 on the way home and bought one of the npro's so i could get the second e-cig and battery while i wait on wherever i order from. I'm just not sure i'm going to stick with the 4081 since there aren't many places that deal with them. I see a lot about the 510's but i'm just not convinced that because it is the MOST used it is the best option for me. I'm such a geek that i'm thinking about letting my wife have the 4081's and going with a box type or mod. I'm too indecisive i guess :confused:

Thanks for your reply, and i will definitely be looking around more (and more and more...).

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
Question... I have a Smoke51 Trio(got it cheap). I bought a RN4081 Classic kit from Aquavaporcig.com . The Smoke51 battery threads are a slightly tighter circumference. As is the atty. Yet the carts are slight bigger around than those that came with the 4081... The Trio was identified as a 4081? what else could it be if not that? Please help?

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
Question... I have a Smoke51 Trio(got it cheap). I bought a RN4081 Classic kit from Aquavaporcig.com . The Smoke51 battery threads are a slightly tighter circumference. As is the atty. Yet the carts are slight bigger around than those that came with the 4081... The Trio was identified as a 4081? what else could it be if not that? Please help?

After doing a lot of research and asking the Veterans... AND getting a PM from a long term user, I have found that my Smoke51 Trio is a 510, by all visual accounts. What I mean by that is, I have been told it is a 510 from someone that uses 510 accessories on their Smoke51 Trio AND after looking at extreme close-up photos of the 510 Attys and Batts they are more in line with what my Trio looks like. So I now have a RN4081 set and I'm going to have to get 510 parts for my Trio. I hope this helps anyone else who is wondering...

BTW, The experts have gone from the Trio being a 4081, to a 103, to a D9 to an alien spaceship with unknown technology. (I kinda stretched it on that last one)...

Just bought an overpriced Duet kit at a kiosk in the mall and in my new member post it was suggested it was a rn4081. Does anyone here know if it still is? The other poster suggested finding a 7-11 with npro cartomizers to test it but i haven't done that yet. I think this one works pretty well but then again i just bought it Saturday (4 days ago). I'm looking at buying another one since my wife thinks she wants an e-cig but i'm definitely not going through the mall kiosk again so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I got the same Duet Kit. Big rip-off as far as price is concerned. I do like the unit though. My friends here at ECF suggested that the Smoke Free is a RN4081, and that was confirmed by a conversation with AquaVApor. I bught and returned two Blu Premium Packs, as I preferred the Smoke Free, the batt life is much better. Anyway, you can get two complete kits with PCC for same amount that Duet cost me. And it only comes with 1 battery. Check out AquaVapor. I am waiting for my delivery from them now, wxpect it Tues or Wed. Will post my results.

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
Just an update... Sorry to say AquaVapor is incorrect as I have thier 4081 kit and it is NOT compatible with my Smoke51 Trio. However, I was informed and later confirmed that the Smoke51 Trio IS a 510. I use 510 cartos and 510 attys on it. It fits my 510 charger.

Just so you are all certain on this... THE SMOKE51 TRIO IS A 510. I later confirmed this with my local retailer of the product. In fact I was told that the 51 in the title refers to the 510 model....

Because that company bought out Smoking Everywhere, which is a 4081, everyone assumes it is that model... It is not.

AquaVaporCigs (dot) Com is excellent. You can get cheaper kits, but their product is top notch. I have the same RN4081 attys and Carto working after 43 days. The PCC is excellent. They are really good at what they do!

Last edited:

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
<snip>
AquaVaporCigs (dot) Com is excellent. You can get cheaper kits, but their product is top notch. I have the same RN4081 attys and Carto working after 43 days. The PCC is excellent. They are really good at what they do!

Thanks for the update.
I've been thinking about picking up that PCC for my 4081s

Just an update... Sorry to say AquaVapor is incorrect as I have thier 4081 kit and it is NOT compatible with my Smoke51 Trio. However, I was informed and later confirmed that the Smoke51 Trio IS a 510. I use 510 cartos and 510 attys on it. It fits my 510 charger.

Just so you are all certain on this... THE SMOKE51 TRIO IS A 510. I later confirmed this with my local retailer of the product. In fact I was told that the 51 in the title refers to the 510 model....

Because that company bought out Soking Everywhere, which is a 4081, everyone assumes it is that model... It is not.

Sorry if I confused you. I am stating that the Smoke Free Duet (the one that I have), is a RN4081. I just received shipment of my RN4081 PCC (2), 3 BAtteries, and 6 packs of blank cartos. They do fit perfectly, and they have been recharged three times in the PCC and operate the same as with the Duet charger (maybe a bit faster). I returned my 501s (Blu Premium Pack) so I could stretch out with the RN4081. I have no knowledge on the Smoke-51, but if it is a 510, then you have a lot of choices in vendors.

nikki tine

Nov 18, 2011
miami
I bought a rn4081 kit off Craigslist to tide me over til my eGo comes in the mail. It's a brand that never hit the market, btw, Chinese made. I have a problem with the atomizer/cartridges, and I'd like to solve it because it's a nice enough little kit and I'd like to keep it around for occasional use. I'm a newbie with nothing to compare it to, but I suspect that the cartridges are defective. They often leak liquid; sometimes the cotton stuff gets sucked into the atomizer. As a result, the atomizer became so wet that I (accidentally) found that I could smoke it without a cartridge! And that was the only way I could dry it out. The thin liquid renders it dysfunctional.
I've been saving all my spent carts, etc, carefully sealed. If the design is defective (i.e., the placement or amount of cotton, forget the right name for the stuff), is there a fix that will at least keep me going thru Thanksgiving? I have plenty of 'spare parts' to play with.

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
Attys and Cartridges are always gonna do what you described to a certain extent. The filler material has to be low enough to make contact with the atty, to allow the juice to wick down to it... sometimes that means it's fibers get caught on the mesh of the bridge. Not a huge deal unless you vape it dry and it singes the filler. If your Carts have TOO MUCH liquid, it could drown the atty a bit... but shouldn't diminish performance as the atty is made to be wet so it doesn't burn out... when possible, never let the atty get dry... EVER. People directly drip juice on the Atty to produce more flavor and vapor so it won't hurt it to be soaked. However, depending on the design of the e-cig, that can cause it to leak from the battery connection end which gets messy.

My advice: If the cartridge is TOO WET for you, take a tissue and dab away the excess... But remember, the atty needs to stay wet so don't go overboard. The filler can be repacked into the cartridge with tweezers... so you can clean the filler with hot water, pat dry, and refill with more liquid. So don't toss them if you plan on sticking with attys and don't plan to straight "drip" to the atty.

Wet is Good! Soaked is messy!

I bought a rn4081 kit off Craigslist to tide me over til my eGo comes in the mail. It's a brand that never hit the market, btw, Chinese made. I have a problem with the atomizer/cartridges, and I'd like to solve it because it's a nice enough little kit and I'd like to keep it around for occasional use. I'm a newbie with nothing to compare it to, but I suspect that the cartridges are defective. They often leak liquid; sometimes the cotton stuff gets sucked into the atomizer. As a result, the atomizer became so wet that I (accidentally) found that I could smoke it without a cartridge! And that was the only way I could dry it out. The thin liquid renders it dysfunctional.
I've been saving all my spent carts, etc, carefully sealed. If the design is defective (i.e., the placement or amount of cotton, forget the right name for the stuff), is there a fix that will at least keep me going thru Thanksgiving? I have plenty of 'spare parts' to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread