Questions about the RN4081 - Ask Em Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Way Cool, many thanks. You get the money!!! :D

And, for the bonus question........ ;)

I've noticed that vaping a thinner liquid in my 4081 seems to produce a thicker vapor and it seems to use it up quicker as well. I'm using fluval modded carts.

Ms. T's French Vanilla juice is thick and six drops in the cart seems to last far longer than six drops of Ms. T's Rootbeer Float. The RBF makes a seriously thick vapor though. I mean I can feel it coat the back of my throat. But it goes way faster. Any idea why? And, if you aint tried Ms. T's, check out the thread in the ejuice review forum. Good stuff.

dk2

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
cheers
See,
I'm so exhausted from searching for flavored cartomizers for my 4081 batteries, I transposed the last two battery numbers in my last post asking for your help, sorry!!! :confused:
Njoy's selling carto's, tobacco and menthol flavors, they are easy enough to refill yourself once they are empty. I would imagine that you can get 4-5 refills out of them.

Myself I've taken up dripping, I completely removed the inner cartridge from the outer and now just carry a three ml bottle with me everywhere I go. I drip a drop or two every time I go out for a vape. IMO it's way cleaner and easier then fooling with carts, carto's are good but they don't last forever.

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
I used the npro for a while, it really does have nice vapor. I prefer the manual batts so switched to 510. I've got quite a few batts and attys and 3 chargers. I box of lite carts wrapped. Pm me if you need parts. All working. I probably should put this in classified, but didn't intend this for a sales pitch type of post. I just doen't think I'll use them again.
Dave

Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Anyone know a good State-side supplier for a RN4081 compatable Manual Batt? my second battery is going, and I think it's in part because i use it alot, and they are the automatic battery Smoking Everywhere gives. (this one replaced another that started off as a hard-draw, and this one is going that way now after 3 weeks.)

If all you're going to do is toss those dead battery(s), PM me.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
Great thread!

My NPROs don't appear to have attys - at least not the kind of attys my blucigs use. A long wire assembly is attached to the connector to the battery and it and an actual wick are wrapped tightly with a single layer of wadding and then more absorbent material is wrapped around that set-up. An empty cartridge goes over this (no glue).

And, if this isn't an atty, what's this sort of arrangement called?

The site says the battery is 3.6 v, which surprised and delighted me since I've spent the better part of two days trying to decide on a 3.7 v mod. It seems like the only difference would be greater battery life and .1 volt, right? I doubt it but can it be that simple? :unsure:

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
4081 atties work much better at 5 volts or higher, .... with a 3.7 volt mod you're actually getting 4.2 volts on a full charge, it may not seem like that much of a difference, but it really is.

Thanks for explaining the diff, JB! I wonder why the 501 has become the default adapter instead of the 4081. Many are introduced to vaping with a mini so the transition to higher voltage would be easier and equipment would be interchangeable if it was the 4081 instead. That's where I am right now - want higher voltage but to use these cartridges and to be able to buy pre-filled carts as well. Do you know if the vapor4life cartos work with the npro model?

christx

Mar 16, 2011
Keller, TX
I tried the tecnique using the rubber cap to refill my Njoy but then it stopped working. I'm assuming I got too much in there. Njoy sent me two free batteries which was nice. I don't care for the taste of the Njoy so I want to try refilling again. The mouthpiece doesn't come off so I'm assuming I can either try having it suck up from the rubber caps as shown here:
YouTube - A Great Way To Fill Cartomizers
or get a syringe? (thanks in advance)

sirvapsalot86

Jul 1, 2011
Maine, USA
Locally, for me, the best and cheapest quality rn4081 is sold under the brand name nicotek metro. They only sell auto bats though. So, a few questions. I have two auto bats, and they both operate differently. One needs a really hard drag to get it to fire up the carto, and the other one is real smooth, you barely need to draw on it. Would manual bats ordered offline give me a more streamlined operation? Also, it's well known the bats don't last long charge wise either way you go. So my second question is, how reliable are the usb passthroughs for this model? I figure if I got one and used it while home, I'd have fresh bats for when I'm out and about. Third question, where is the cheapest online store to buy blank cartos? I can run to the store and buy the three pack they sell, but they are prefilled and I hate the menthol flavor. Not to mention 10 dollars for 3 cartos is kind of expensive. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread