Questions about the RN4081 - Ask Em Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk2

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
cheers
Ordered some juice. I'm really hoping that it is just the prefilled carts that are my problem. I'm trying to be patient but it's tough.

BTW when I removed the empty cart, the inner cart was actually attached to the atty. Is that normal?

Have a good weekend all.

Well not exactly however it might be just a little tight. On the rn4081 the atty slides over top of the inner cartridge and the outer cartridge slides over the atty, once you get some ejuice it'll probably loosen up a bit.

dk2

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
cheers
You'll really want to do the straw mod and use rolled pyramid tea bags as the filler once you get your e juice. I swear it made my device 100 percent better. I have to reiterate that the pre-filled carts that came with the Njoy are horrible, they're way to dry the poly fill inhibits the vaporization. Try these methods to just one of your carts and you'll be amazed. For the straw mod get a very narrow straw I used one from a juice box.

on a scale of 1 to 10, ten being the best vaping experience on the rn4081

I started with the prefilled carts, rated 2

Then I tried the Lipton Pyramid Tea Bag (PTB) mod, (remove old poly fill and glue from the inner cart, wash inner cart, roll tea bags loosely, put roll into inner cart cut PTB, you want it to almost reach the top of the inner cart use two rolls if you need to but make sure they are loose if it's too tight they won't absorb liquid correctly. Rated this mod a 5

Next I did the straw mod, remove roll(s) of PTB, take a thin straw cut one end at an angle, put angled end in inner cartridge, again cut straw so that it almost reaches the top of the inner cartridge but not all the way to the top, replace the rolled Lipton pyramid tea bags, so what you have is a straw inside the inner cart with the rolled tea bag squished against it taking up most of the room in the inner cart. Straw allows air to get to the bottom of the inner cart which forces liquid up to the atomizer which helps to produce insane vapor in an rn4081 model. Rated this Mod an 8.

Now there is one more mod to do purchase the dbl cartridges, they are longer than the typical RN4081 cartridge, and the inner cartridge is about twice as long as the regular cartridge, this will hold dbl the liquid. (I can't find these in Canada :( but easily will Rate it a 10 if I can get them.

P.s. Two more tips when you get your eliquid, after you top up your cartridges put a drop of liquid on the bridge of the atomizer to get it wet, (but don't put more than one or two drops on the atty cause you'll flood your battery) when storing always make sure the LED end is pointed to the sky and not to the ground cause liquid will run into the battery and flood it.

Last edited:

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Lubbock, Texas, United States
About two weeks ago I crushed my hand at work. So I'm using right handed and all I have is my left.

I'm still can not getting the results I want from the NPRO. Both batteries appear to charge ok. But the only puff that that satisfies like a real tobacco smoke is the very first . On that one I get plenty of vapor and taste. The next puff is weak. Well today I put juice in and at first it seemed great but it still does the same thing as the others. I'm really at loss and I really don't know what to do to fix this. If I can duplicate the first puff I'd have no trouble putting tobacco behind me forever. So far I take the puff and then put the cigarette aside for five or ten minutes and then it works again. But if I try to smoke at the same pace as an analog...

I would really love to hear other ideas. Is it possible that the atty is only "half ok"? All help appreciated.

And to DK, thank you very much. As soon as I get both hands working I will try your mods. For now I'm happy to just be able to drip juice into the inner cart. The teabag mod..... so just open a lipton teabag and dump the tea? I know that sounds like a dumb question.

Oh, and the juice was from Ms T. Awesome customer service. Highly recommended.

dk2

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
cheers
About two weeks ago I crushed my hand at work. So I'm using right handed and all I have is my left.

I'm still can not getting the results I want from the NPRO. Both batteries appear to charge ok. But the only puff that that satisfies like a real tobacco smoke is the very first . On that one I get plenty of vapor and taste. The next puff is weak. Well today I put juice in and at first it seemed great but it still does the same thing as the others. I'm really at loss and I really don't know what to do to fix this. If I can duplicate the first puff I'd have no trouble putting tobacco behind me forever. So far I take the puff and then put the cigarette aside for five or ten minutes and then it works again. But if I try to smoke at the same pace as an analog...

I would really love to hear other ideas. Is it possible that the atty is only "half ok"? All help appreciated.

And to DK, thank you very much. As soon as I get both hands working I will try your mods. For now I'm happy to just be able to drip juice into the inner cart. The teabag mod..... so just open a lipton teabag and dump the tea? I know that sounds like a dumb question.

Oh, and the juice was from Ms T. Awesome customer service. Highly recommended.

Keep at it the mods will deffinatley improve things, use a paper clip to push the inner cart up through the bottem, then top up the cart till it looks slushy with juice, push cart back down with paperclip, drop a couple drops on the bridge of the atty and that should get you going, you are going to want to do the mods though cause they'll make a real difference, yes with the pyramid tea bags rip one open dump out the stuff, pull off the string, it'll make a rectangle shape, trim the edges to get rid of frays, cut the rectangle in half, it'll give you two squares, I'll take one square fold in half roll and stick in the cart, I'll then do the same to the second fold in half roll and stick in the cart. I'll use a paper clip on the rolls in the cart to kind of loosen them up a bit cause you don't want them tight. If they are too tight take them out and cut them, you know how when you cut a tree and can see the rings, that's kind of what you want to see in the inner cart with your rolled tea bags. Also cut them so that they are a millimeter or two from the top of the inner cart you don't want the atty burning them.
Hope your hand gets better! oh and atties do get better with time keep em wet and keep your cart topped with juice!

Last edited:

tpatterson

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 25, 2010
Arkansas
e-SmokeSupply.com
I just got the NPRO. How long should the first battery charge be? The manual says 3 hours. The light turned green after a half hour and spikey's intro-to-e-cigs video says you should always charge a new battery for 12 hours. Which is it? Is there a danger of OVERcharging and damaging the battery if I leave it in for 12 hours?

We always recommend an initial charge of at least 8 hours. I am not aware of any issues with "Over charging".

tpatterson

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 25, 2010
Arkansas
e-SmokeSupply.com
First off congratulations on your purchase and decision to stop smoking tobacco. You need to buy yourself some eliquid, I started with 30ml bottle 18mg nicotine strength and it worked quite well (alot cheaper and much more vapor than prefilled, lasts longer too). Also you may want to remove the filler in one of the carts and replace it with rolled Lipton Pyramid tea bag it's a great filler(10 times better than the poly fill that's in there), just don't make it too tight (also when removing the original filler make sure you get all the glue out it looks like white-out), another tip long slow drags when your mouth is full inhale, and yes most people do inhale. oops almost forgot I store mine with cartridge end down, led end up in my shirt pocket just so no juice leaks out of the cartridge and floods the atty, but this is just my preference.

Even better to store them in an e-cig case :rolleyes:

what would be recommended for purchase for someone that has to have a mini? m-401, 4081, dse-103, 8084? i am buying it as a start up kit for a friend who will only use one if its close in size to the real thing. seperate question has any one tried the dse-110? it uses cartomizers but is shorter than a kr8. its on dse's website. thanks in advance for the help.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
Who sells the 4081 high bridge atomizers or are they 4081's or are they called something else. Can someone help me with this. I usually like to use these with carts.

After reading some are they the DSE103's, are they compatible with the 4081 batteries. Are they basically the same expect for that one has a high bridge and the other is recessed?

Last edited:

toxinsedge

Dec 28, 2009
Colorado
So i got my Npro about a week ago from the smoker friendly in my area. The fist thing i did once i got it was i made some of my own non-nic juice (creme de menthe and Butter rum). I used it for about half a week and found it had a great taste a very good vapor production. Then suddenly it started having a burnt/ metalic taste whenever I took a puff from it, it also would make me light headed and give me a headache if I used it. I cleaned the atomizer by boiling it and when that didnt work i tried to clean it by using alcohol. The alcohol also didnt help... I just called Njoy to see if they will send me a new atomizer but in the mean time i want to try to fix this one i have now. Any suggestions? :(

dk2

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
cheers
I'm not a fan of boiling atties, myself I soak them in vodka overnight, blow them out in the morning, and use them right away; been on the same two for over a month. I clean them once a week using the method I mentioned. Glad to see that your using eliquid. I suggest that you pull out the inner cart stuffing, cut off the white glue, rinse out the stuffing and then put it back, see if these two things help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread