[Questions] First box mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfmous

Jun 12, 2012
Well I think I'm gonna take the leap into modding... what I want is dual 18650 vv box mod

Yet I can't really find what I'm looking for, I want a box that can hold both of those bats and OKR-T/6-W12-C, LCD display

Where can I find a some boxes of the size I need? (that would fit comfortably in hand, sorta-kinda stealthy)
OKR-T/6-W12-C a good chip to use? (Heard it won't push past 5.5v)
Can I make it so I can charge my device via micro-usb? (Probably not?)
is running 2x 18650's safe?
Anyone that has experience with li-po packs, I was just wondering for my next mod to try and use one wanted to know how safe and how hard are they to use?

Thank all who help me on my venture :D

Mrgreen819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
North Carolina
I found dual 18650 boxes on ebay but they are all from China and it takes 2.5 to 3 weeks to get them. Thats a denali type box and they are about 8.00 each. I would suggest making your first mod simple. Don't try to get every bell and whistle available on it. Instead buy a kit or follow a known good schematic. Then if you want to customize your better prepared.

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
A stealthy dual 18650? That is really a rough one. I have made dozens of mods. You might consider using a tube and yes you can stack two 18650's just make sure to vent it.

Here is something to look at to give you an idea. Of course you could just use copper tubing possibly consider using a Kick. Or making your own kick.

GLV-XL Electronic Cigarette [GLV-XL] - $165.00 : Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | The Kick by Evolv - Kick - By Evolv - Accessories

You can find the Kick cheaper but again it's just to give you an idea.

Please do not take any of my advice like it's coming from God. I have not tried this it's just an idea.

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
I found dual 18650 boxes on ebay but they are all from China and it takes 2.5 to 3 weeks to get them. Thats a denali type box and they are about 8.00 each. I would suggest making your first mod simple. Don't try to get every bell and whistle available on it. Instead buy a kit or follow a known good schematic. Then if you want to customize your better prepared.

I agree with making a simple one first. I must have skipped the first sentence when I read it. My suggestion wouldn't be a good idea for a beginner. But then again he could have all kinds of electrical experience.

Mrgreen819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
North Carolina

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Altoids box will fit 2 18650ies with plenty of room for electronics. If you feel like a challenge and like cartos, you can even recess a carto into the box. I would also reinforce the box from the inside either with a bit of epoxy or by gluing some plastic.

Oh, also, regardless of which way you go with a box, do yourself a favor and make a Scubadatdan tester -- atty connector with 2 long wires soldered to it. Works awesome for testing your circuit, since apparently, the voltmeter was lying to me :)

nfmous

Jun 12, 2012
Another question few questions would be how hard is it to make a built in ohm meter to display on the lipo screen and is the chip I wanted to use "regulated" or does voltage drop off?

Not sure how it plays out when it comes down to making it yourself, I notice my twists like to put out lower voltage at lets say half charge (I vape @ 4-4.4 2Ohm)

anbonn

Jan 9, 2012
Hungary
I could not find a box factory would have been fine.
I made this:
IMAG0090.jpg
IMAG0092.jpg

Last edited:

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread