Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Well, you really want to use bottom feed modded atties with a reo, so a "straight" top fed rda is cutting out the best part of the experience. If you wanted to bf the Mut, you should PM a guy by the name of Chowderhead1972 - he'd be one to drill and prep it, if he's able (unless you're up to the task yourself).

If you want to low subohm, the grand would be your best option (mostly for battery safety reasons), specifically the Low Profile (LP) version so that any atty would fit on top. You can go as low as .2ohms with the gold contacts (available stock on all new grands) - you just need to take some care with preventative maintenance (deoxit gold on the contacts, regular battery cleaning, etc.). Should anything happen, however, all the parts are replaceable (firing pins, contacts, etc.)

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
If you are planning to use atomizers larger than 14mm in diameter, then your gonna need the low profile Reo grand.

Even if you aren't gonna use large atomizers the LP grand is an excellent choice because it gives you more options for atomizers. It will fit any atomizer as long as the atomizer has the standard 510 connection.

The mutation x you could use, however you would have to get it bottom fed. You could experiment with it and try to modify it for bottom feeding yourself or there's a forum supplier on ECF that can possibly modify it for you for a small fee. The thread goes by catfish atty mods, PM chowderhead1972 (Tom) as he is the one who mods all the non bottom fed atomizers to work with the grands.

All the reo grands on Reo's mods website are setup for sub ohming. Most people don't recommend using reo's with coils that low. But I have personally vaped .14 ohm coils using my vtc5 batteries and haven't had any issues. You will need to apply deoxit gold or noalox to your contacts about once a week if you plan to sub ohm that low just for safe measure. Good luck man, and for the record I found that I get much better flavor and nice clouds on coils around .5 ohms and really don't have any reason to drop below the .5 range anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Thank you fellas for all the information!! I guess I'll just get a REO RDA. Haha.

Welcome to the family. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to visit us at the reo lounge. Full of wonderful people that can answer anything and btw. . . we already love you. :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/626726-reo-lounge-part-v-747.html
JC_link.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread