Quick Question Addressed to Alchemist Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeHacker

Aug 18, 2016
Dear Alchemists !

I hope all the chemistry is working to your side :)

1 Quick question :

Once i Fully Complete the Process of Steeping ( everyday once i shake it very well and leave it in a Dark Cool Place ) And now im gonna Disseminate them to Small Bottles - THE QUESTION do i have to shake it and then Disseminate them ? or i just Disseminate them after 2 weeks per say and at the last day i dont shake but i disseminate straight away ?

Also Additional Question :

What is the recommended way to Disseminate the Liquid from a Big Bottle to Small Bottles ?

Is Putting in a Clean Bowl and Using the Needle you disseminate a good method or you know of any better ? Maybe a Longer Needle to fit a 1 Lt Bottle ?

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I shake my e-juice before each use and when pouring into smaller bottles. It may not be necessary but only takes a few moments to do.

As far as how to pour into bottles I just do it by eye because I have a steady hand but a small funnel will work just as well. If you spill a little on your hands it's no big deal just wash it off.
If you have many little bottles to fill I find using a measuring cup with a pouring lip works very well for that.

It's all pretty much common sense and I'm sure you don't need a veteran to tell you this.

For all sorts of helpful hints read my blogs.

dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I'm not an Alchemist ... however, I have been making eliquid for 3+ years ... basically, I don't believe in all that hokey pokey people come up with while trying to make great juice.

IMO, most vendor juice is over flavoured and not very good or well thought out to begin with ... the bottom line ... making good eLiquid is all practice and tweeking small batch recipes with detailed notes. Some people tend to over think when it comes to making juice.

after you have your recipes dialled in ... mix, shake and let sit for a week in glass bottles.

shake nicotine or juice just before using or mixing ... no need for crock pots or rock tumblers.

VapeHacker

Aug 18, 2016
I shake my e-juice before each use and when pouring into smaller bottles. It may not be necessary but only takes a few moments to do.

As far as how to pour into bottles I just do it by eye because I have a steady hand but a small funnel will work just as well. If you spill a little on your hands it's no big deal just wash it off.
If you have many little bottles to fill I find using a measuring cup with a pouring lip works very well for that.

It's all pretty much common sense and I'm sure you don't need a veteran to tell you this.

For all sorts of helpful hints read my blogs.

dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Thanks for the tips, Pouring Lip now thats a good one :)

VapeHacker

Aug 18, 2016
Questions for you:

What size do you mean by big and small bottles?

Since this is your first DIY I am assuming why did you make a "big" bottle and not start small so you could adjust the mixture?

Ok, I agree that its best to start small until you perfect a Receipt - Also please note its not my First DIY - But im not a Veteran yet :p - The reason why i went with Rush because im Testing Some Shake & Vape Receipts and trying to understand Steeping Time Against Flavors ( some flavors straight away after a shake you can vape but i believe its best even for those to leave it for like at least a week steeping just to make sure you get a perfect mix. )

VapeHacker

Aug 18, 2016
I'm not an Alchemist ... however, I have been making eLiquid for 3+ years ... basically, I don't believe in all that hokey pokey people come up with while trying to make great juice.

IMO, most vendor juice is over flavoured and not very good or well thought out to begin with ... the bottom line ... making good eLiquid is all practice and tweeking small batch recipes with detailed notes. Some people tend to over think when it comes to making juice.

after you have your recipes dialled in ... mix, shake and let sit for a week in glass bottles.

shake nicotine or juice just before using or mixing ... no need for crock pots or rock tumblers.

WillyZee Hi ! Thanks for your feedback, just a quick question " mix, shake and let sit for a week in glass bottles. " on the let sit for a week, dont i have to like shake it once per day ? or you have noticed that no need to shake just keep it there ? as i research more and more into it i find out that some flavors needs shaking some falvors dont and some are shake and vape straight away etc.

Also i agree yet again, i have to work more with small quantities, rather then large and test more.

Reactions: WillyZee

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Ok, I agree that its best to start small until you perfect a Receipt - Also please note its not my First DIY - But im not a Veteran yet :p - The reason why i went with Rush because im Testing Some Shake & Vape Receipts and trying to understand Steeping Time Against Flavors ( some flavors straight away after a shake you can vape but i believe its best even for those to leave it for like at least a week steeping just to make sure you get a perfect mix. )

The thing to remember is

Fruits, drink and candy mixes are usually shake and vape
cream and desert recipes are 2-4 weeks or 2-4 hours heat steeped
Tobaccos are 3-5 weeks or 3-5 hours heat steeped.

I often found shaking during the steep process is often not necessary but it's ok and many do shake them.
Once a week for cold steeping
Once an hour for heat steeping.

For more info on steeping read my blog.

Everything you wanted to know about steeping and then some. | E-Cigarette Forum

VapeHacker

Aug 18, 2016
I have found heating e-Liquid DIY mixes right after mixing with the LB Mixer speeds the infusion and cuts the time required for flavors to blossom. Although it works best with fruits because custards and creams need time.

Could you Link or Suggest some good LB Mixers ? you have used and recommend ? thanks in advance

VapeHacker

Aug 18, 2016
The thing to remember is

Fruits, drink and candy mixes are usually shake and vape
cream and desert recipes are 2-4 weeks or 2-4 hours heat steeped
Tobaccos are 3-5 weeks or 3-5 hours heat steeped.

I often found shaking during the steep process is often not necessary but it's ok and many do shake them.
Once a week for cold steeping
Once an hour for heat steeping.

For more info on steeping read my blog.

Everything you wanted to know about steeping and then some. | E-Cigarette Forum

Thank you so much for the info - You just Leveled My Knowledge by an Extra Level :) Also Final Question ( i know i ask a lot but if you dont ask you dont learn ) When you say Heat Steeping do you mean by Water Bath Steeping ?

Reactions: WillyZee

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Thank you so much for the info - You just Leveled My Knowledge by an Extra Level :) Also Final Question ( i know i ask a lot but if you dont ask you dont learn ) When you say Heat Steeping do you mean by Water Bath Steeping ?

Yes Water bath weather it be by insulated cup, crockpot or ultrasonic cleaner etc.... The idea is to maintain a constant water temperature of 150F for X amount of time.

Reactions: VapeHacker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread