The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

quick question regarding ohms

Discussion in 'Joye 510' started by fairweasel2323, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. fairweasel2323

fairweasel2323 Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
    I am currently using the little manual 510 batteries with a Kanger T4 clearomizers and im constantly having to clean and dry burn now i was thinking of trying the Kanger G5 Clearo in what ohms should i get using the small 510 battery 1.8, 2,2, or 2.5?? thanks for the advice!!

2. fairweasel2323

Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
    For the smaller 510 battery's would the higher or lower ohm clearo be better or should I just use the 2.2-2.5 ohm T4s

3. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Personally, I always liked the 1.8 ohms with a 510 battery.
    With higher resistance, it seemed like the battery was struggling to heat the coil...but you may want to try a couple and decide for yourself what you prefer. Haven't tried a G5, hope they're good for ya!

4. fairweasel2323

Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
    Had T4s on sale so I passed on the G5 but might try one since u can select the ohms

5. TUC

TUC Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2011
    Central Texas
    Theoretically, the formula for the watts you can achieve with your battery is...Watts = (Volts x Volts)/Ohms. Where the volts are the battery output (actual) and the Ohms are from the cart, atty, etc.

So...at 3.7 volts and 1.8 Ohms you would be getting 7.6 watts. At 2.5 Ohms, you would be getting 5.5 watts. These figures are a little high, because in the real world your voltage is more than likely lower than a true 3.7. Hope this helps.

6. fairweasel2323

Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
  7. fairweasel2323

Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
  8. fairweasel2323

Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
    well i upgrade and got a 650mah Ego battery! I hope the 1.8ohms be ok on it?? long story but I lost my case with all my 510s in it!!

9. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    If you're taking 510 cigalike size batteries you don't want to put anything less than 2.0 ohms on them. 1.8 ohm coils might kill them off in a matter of days. They aren't built for low resistance devices.

10. fairweasel2323

Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
    no I just upgraded to a Ego

11. fairweasel2323

Apr 22, 2011
    Marion, OH
    im using a no wick CE4 ripoff name brand came with kit its a White Rhino 650mah but going to order a Kanger EVOD and get some real CE4s I really like the no wick setup. Im still using some of the smaller Kanger T4s on it also they still vape pretty nice.... so far a few people have told me that 1.8 ohms be fine on the Ego battery, I dont know what ohm the CE4 is it dont say from goodejuice.com CE4 No Wick eGo Clearomizer [CE4EGONOWCKCL] - $5.99 :

12. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    On a new (recently manufactured) eGo 1.8 ohm devices will work, but I still don't recommend it. The battery capacity is better suited to handle 1.8 ohm devices, but it's still hard on the battery and will shorten it's overall lifespan. You may notice the connector and button part of the battery getting uncomfortably warm if you chain vape 1.8 ohm on an eGo class battery.

With old eGo's they weren't made to handle anything below 2.2 ohms actually. Doing so voided any Joyetech warranty. You risked popping the protection circuit on 1st generation eGo batteries with 1.8 ohm devices. Joyetech redesigned the circuit in the last year or so, so LR stuff won't kill the battery in short order, but staying above 2.0 ohms will give you longer overall battery life.

13. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Do you know the voltage of your batteries? If they are Joye eGos, they are 3.3v regulated. But I've seen 510 clones that are supposedly 3.7v unregulated.

Either way, 2.2 Ω should work with both.

14. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Actually, it's 1.0Ω that kills eGos. Please remember that Joytech makes 1.5Ω atomizers and many people use them safely on eGo-class batteries.

15. Katya

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Well, a 1.8Ω on a Joyetech battery gives you 6 watts--which is a nice wattage; 2.0Ω atty--5.4 watts, still good IMO.

The problem with using LR atties on 510 batteries is the capacity of the batteries; a tiny 180 mAh battery won't last very long with a 1.8Ω atomizer...

16. GetVaked

GetVaked Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    2.5, unless you want to damage your 510s.

eGo can handle the lower resistance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.