Not open for further replies.

TUC

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Central Texas
invape.com
Theoretically, the formula for the watts you can achieve with your battery is...Watts = (Volts x Volts)/Ohms. Where the volts are the battery output (actual) and the Ohms are from the cart, atty, etc.

So...at 3.7 volts and 1.8 Ohms you would be getting 7.6 watts. At 2.5 Ohms, you would be getting 5.5 watts. These figures are a little high, because in the real world your voltage is more than likely lower than a true 3.7. Hope this helps.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
im using a no wick CE4 ripoff name brand came with kit its a White Rhino 650mah but going to order a Kanger EVOD and get some real CE4s I really like the no wick setup. Im still using some of the smaller Kanger T4s on it also they still vape pretty nice.... so far a few people have told me that 1.8 ohms be fine on the Ego battery, I dont know what ohm the CE4 is it dont say from goodejuice.com CE4 No Wick eGo Clearomizer [CE4EGONOWCKCL] - $5.99 :

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
On a new (recently manufactured) eGo 1.8 ohm devices will work, but I still don't recommend it. The battery capacity is better suited to handle 1.8 ohm devices, but it's still hard on the battery and will shorten it's overall lifespan. You may notice the connector and button part of the battery getting uncomfortably warm if you chain vape 1.8 ohm on an eGo class battery.

With old eGo's they weren't made to handle anything below 2.2 ohms actually. Doing so voided any Joyetech warranty. You risked popping the protection circuit on 1st generation eGo batteries with 1.8 ohm devices. Joyetech redesigned the circuit in the last year or so, so LR stuff won't kill the battery in short order, but staying above 2.0 ohms will give you longer overall battery life.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I am currently using the little manual 510 batteries with a Kanger T4 clearomizers and im constantly having to clean and dry burn now i was thinking of trying the Kanger G5 Clearo in what ohms should i get using the small 510 battery 1.8, 2,2, or 2.5?? thanks for the advice!!

Do you know the voltage of your batteries? If they are Joye eGos, they are 3.3v regulated. But I've seen 510 clones that are supposedly 3.7v unregulated.

Either way, 2.2 Ω should work with both.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
You risked popping the protection circuit on 1st generation eGo batteries with 1.8 ohm devices. Joyetech redesigned the circuit in the last year or so, so LR stuff won't kill the battery in short order, but staying above 2.0 ohms will give you longer overall battery life.

Actually, it's 1.0Ω that kills eGos. Please remember that Joytech makes 1.5Ω atomizers and many people use them safely on eGo-class batteries.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Personally, I always liked the 1.8 ohms with a 510 battery.
With higher resistance, it seemed like the battery was struggling to heat the coil...but you may want to try a couple and decide for yourself what you prefer. Haven't tried a G5, hope they're good for ya!

Well, a 1.8Ω on a Joyetech battery gives you 6 watts--which is a nice wattage; 2.0Ω atty--5.4 watts, still good IMO.

The problem with using LR atties on 510 batteries is the capacity of the batteries; a tiny 180 mAh battery won't last very long with a 1.8Ω atomizer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread