Quick travel question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
LOL That is AmandaD who is traveling. I lived in Big Spring until I was 16, Go Steers, LOL. And the only time I flew was at 10 when my parents put me on a plane in Midland/Odessa and shipped me to my grandparents in Alabama for the summer. Layover in Dallas then grandparents picked me up in Birmingham. I enjoyed it. I got my wings and got to see the cockpit during part of the flight. It was cool. I had my own flight attendant that flew with me the whole flight. I'm sure I'd be terrified to try and fly now that I'm an adult.

And I loved Texas when I lived there, I didn't want to leave!!! I went to school with a girl who now lives in Lubbock, Robin Moore. Freaky small world she is probably your neighbor. LOL

Derp. And this folks is why you shouldn't post while you're half awake.... whoops.

Sooo... AMANDA... what I asked Evie lol!

LittleQ624

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2013
Issaquah, WA
www.facebook.com
I lost a battery, a new atomizer, a tank and almost my sanity from a bacon-flavored juice, a horrible experience ...

Well I almost lost a dying (both in charge and lifespan) battery, an almost dead handmade atty, the tank containing said almost dead atty, and my ability to not crap my pants from laughter as a resuly of the wheez's comments in this thread...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
What fun have I missed? LOL Still out of town, but I took one full tank on the plane and it only slightly oozed. Took cartos on my teeny battery and was able to sneak a vape both in my seat and a bigger vape in the WC (vape blown down the toilet.....HAHA). Met some other ladies who loved my setup and will probably convert :) The smallest setup allows for vaping in all sorts of public places without anyone noticing!

Derp. And this folks is why you shouldn't post while you're half awake.... whoops.

Sooo... AMANDA... what I asked Evie lol!

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Got back late last night - updates on the tanks! I ended up with two flights on the way back (what a mistake LOL), and got too lazy to empty/store the tanks properly. I had 3 of them, probably half full. They were just in my purse - and they were absolutely FINE when I arrived back home. A quick pull cleared the slight gurgling, but they didn't leak, even with two flights!

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Welcome back! and yeah, layovers are the suck... particularly at 5am.... Glad to hear all you got was a little bit of gurgle ( and that you were smart and didn't put the half full tanks in the checked bags! I've got a small tacklebox storage sleeve that stilllll smells of Tribecca after I forgot to put that tank in my carry on....)

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I know! I surprised myself :) I vaped in all sorts of unlikely places (discretely of course)! I must admit to feeling like a total addict vaping in the WC on the plane and blowing the vape down the toilet......LOL I think, really, I just did it because I could.....hmmmm

Welcome back Amanda it's good to hear your Halo gear survived the trip and you as well. LOL Stealth vaping in your seat on the plane---you daredevil!!!

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
Zip lock baggies are the easiest way to keep from leak issues. Just always pray you don't get a TSA agent having a bad day and makes you toss your juice. Happened to me twice now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer, I don't have to pull out my bag of juice since I get to use pre check, it just stays in my backpack.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I got precheck too, on all legs of the flights. I have no idea how I got it, but it's nice not having to take your shoes off :p I did put 'toiletries' in a ziplock bag to show, but I put the cartotanks in these and left the Halo tanks in my purse. Nobody said anything!

Bummer, I don't have to pull out my bag of juice since I get to use pre check, it just stays in my backpack.

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
I got precheck too, on all legs of the flights. I have no idea how I got it, but it's nice not having to take your shoes off :p I did put 'toiletries' in a ziplock bag to show, but I put the cartotanks in these and left the Halo tanks in my purse. Nobody said anything!

Do you have status with your airline? I'm Platinum on United and have been pre check since I made Gold. Sure makes life in the TSA line easier...

MWP

Dec 23, 2009
Colorado
I travel a lot and never get hassles through TSA. However, I get real tired of the leaks. I've switched to cigalike batteries and cartos when I travel. No leaks. Have a couple batteries with no lights. Works fine on those long night international trips where they turn the lights off and people sleep. Don't even have to hit the bathroom to vape. Am cautious not to blow too much vapor. I really don't want to alarm passengers who might think there's a fire.

I leave my liquids, tanks and ego batteries at home when I travel. Just extra small batteries, carts, a charger and I'm good to go. So much happier now without the mess which is only accentuated with the pressure changes of air travel.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I travel a lot and never get hassles through TSA. However, I get real tired of the leaks. I've switched to cigalike batteries and cartos when I travel. No leaks. Have a couple batteries with no lights. Works fine on those long night international trips where they turn the lights off and people sleep. Don't even have to hit the bathroom to vape. Am cautious not to blow too much vapor. I really don't want to alarm passengers who might think there's a fire.

I leave my liquids, tanks and ego batteries at home when I travel. Just extra small batteries, carts, a charger and I'm good to go. So much happier now without the mess which is only accentuated with the pressure changes of air travel.

This is so silly. I don't know why they just don't let people step to the back of the plane. Of course the plane would be in a perpetual climb! <grin>

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
It's mostly a US thing... Some other countries flights actually SELL ecigs on their flights!
But as always, things have to be super regulated here... Though, that being said, I'd rather not have to deal with the people who care little for other people's comfort. I don't vape in their faces, the least they can do is keep their 5 year old brat from kicking my seat....

Common courtesy is like common sense, it sadly isn't very common.

Tapped out on a phone... I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread