Quickie - Would it be better - Provari or... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cclucky04

Dec 10, 2009
houston
I've got a quickie for yall.

I have been vaping for a couple years now, and have yet to make the plunge into a provari, currently i'm using a Lavatube V2 which is fine, its 3.0-6.0 vv, it's solid.
Would making the move to a provari from this be a noticeable difference in my vapage?

Current setups i'm on is a spinner with a mini protank, and this Lavatube v2 with a phiniac tank.

So my questions would be, Provari vs my current set up, worth it for a better quality vape?
and if you want to throw input on another tank or what you like about your set-up is, please do :)

cclucky04

Dec 10, 2009
houston
Thats what I was thinking as well, it just seems like I constantly read about how people go gaga over the Provari.
I've thought about getting an evic, some nifty features but I worry I would break it... I drop mine enough to have that worry lol

I'm digging the phiniac tank, but would be interested in other suggestions on a more vapetacular setup for both tank and ecig :)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
LOL- I've been using 2 eVics since they were released. Probably knocked mine over well over a hundred times. Dropped both a few times each. Still ticking and kicking like the day I got them.
Hmmmmm........ Some dude around here, with a Provari, swore I'd regret it and they would not last a month.:blink:

Anyway, if your Lavatube is doing the trick for you, your good to go. If not, it is all in what will please you in the end.:)

cclucky04

Dec 10, 2009
houston
Yea i've read so many posts over the years about everyone's love for the Provari, I think half of me is just looking for a reason to get one lol. With so many posts about how amazing it is, the eVic to me looks super cool.

The phiniac tank I use is just a big pyrex tank that i use with BOGE carto's, which from what i've used have given me an awesome flavor and vapor production.
In the end will I notice a difference from the LT to the Provari? Seems I would with all the amazing posts people have written.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
A provari isn't going to give you much difference experience in actual vaping with any other well made mod, but you won't find a more durable mod, widely available in the US, than the provari. I haven't played around with a lavatube, so I can't tell you if the experience will differ from there. Really you just want to figure out the voltage drop potentials and resistance loss.

I just use carto tanks. There's a lot of different aesthetics you can get down with on those, but the convenience + quality of the vape with a cartotank can't be beat by anything else available. I love dripping, but if I'm chilling, I'm typically not in the mood to deal with that.. having a baby probably plays a role in that. I just ordered some direct drip atomizers, so I can see if I still prefer them over RDA's.. micro coil verses ikenvape atomizer..coming soon.

Edit-- If I had to pick a new mod to get, right now..it would be a svoemesto semovar or a REO..I don't know if I'd get the REO in VV or mechanical... okay, I'll make a sacrifice. Semovar + Vmod...

Last edited:

cclucky04

Dec 10, 2009
houston
I have to completely agree with you, a cartotank for convenience and quality is worth it, I sometimes end up burning my carto's because im a noob at heart, but then again thats why I have so many, when i get enough i'll boil them and start over.

It's been FOREEEVER since i've dripped, thats how I started out vaping, switching to tanks was vapechanging for me lol

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
^How are you priming your cartomizers? Plus, I use to clean mine, but it tastes weird and pretty much burns out right after I prime them. So in the long run, it's cheaper to just throw them away, than waste liquid with priming a short lived cartomizer.

Look at Baditude's^^^^^ blogs on how to properly prime a cartomizer. I used that method before I came to ECF, without a syringe, and it's been the best method I've found.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I think a Provari would be "worth it" or worth getting to have one. I think its a very solid and most markedly over the LT, it is a very stealthy mod. I have like 6 inch hands from the tip of my middle finger to my wrist. I'm a short guy. The Provari mini is a great device for me. Its just the right size for me. I think its small enough to use outside of the house in front of people which is important in a PV. The LT from Volanao might be a good vape numbers wise, but that thing is pretty big size wise. Thats where the provari still shines. Not many mods are the tiny package that the provari embodies. The Provari also has the best numbers on the osciloscope in the game & it vapes great! Plus it has room for expansion to bigger batteries for those times when you need more bat life. Solid PV.

I also own an eVic as a backup for my provari. I find my Evic to be a bit too long for my taste, but its not that annoying. Its got a plastic head but I've recently dropped it from 4-5 feet and the head hasn't broken off or snapped or scratched or cracked, and its the original head, not the new head thats out with the set screws. I think most of the popular VV mods on the market today are pretty good quality, but I can attest to the provari being of exceptional quality and durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread