Quit at last!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Well after 25 years (guestimate?) of smoking 30 + a day and a couple of years of e cigs on and off, am now week 4 totally nic free :)

Just thought would post in case any one else on the verge of trying to quit 100%

I reached 44 in Feb and thought enough is enough if I don`t do something soon am going to be a slave to nic in one way or another always!

I was fed up of all stuff got carry around, and £££ one way or another it costs, you can kid yourself ecigs are cheaper, but they still add up trust me ha-ha!

Anyhow I went for the cold turkey method after trying all other methods, patch , gum , inhalor , ecig etc!

I read up and understand that 99% of the nic is out of your system if you can abstain for just 3 days so this was my initial target!

Well week one was hell, and I was constantly battling my subconscious! If anyone else has tried they will know what I mean! I have never silently argued with myself before! (just have one help you, one pack then stop tomorrow etc etc)

I lived/survived the first week by walking my dogs till they were fed up of going out ha-ha, and shouting at anyone who dared to cross my path!

Week 2 was just spent of what felt like 100% cigs in my mind 24/7 and terrible sleep pattern!

Week 3 managing much better and going hours yes hours without wanting a cig!

Week 4 even as I am typing this I do not want a ecig or cig, and can`t understand how i was a prisoner to a £70 habbit (cigs)

Don`t get me wrong I could smoke one cig or vape an ecig, but now it just like when someone has a bag of chips or a nice steak and you think I want that!

The bottom line is if you thinking about packing in do so I was the impossible case and thought would never do it!

Mufftrix.....................................

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Congrats! So are you vaping no-nic juices now?

Afraid my good intentions lasted 3 months! :-(

I should have perhaps sold all my mods but kept a lot of them in a drawer, you can guess rest ha-ha!

I think I was fine after I wrote the quit story? but It just the niggling of you think you missing something that always there?

Anyhows after around 3 months just had a quick vape or 2, I think you always looking for an excuse, and now back to normal vaping, it just like cigs I guess? (without nasty tar etc so that only thing good about it)

Would like to think can do it again? It just not as easy as I thought?

The first month was easy as your willpower strong, but as time passes you lose sight or forget the reasons you stopped, and they not as strong in your mind? And as so many do/say it is so easy to just have a vape/smoke see what you missing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread