Quit Calling Them E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
When I see "PV," naturally I think personal vaporizer. Then I involuntarily imagine Marvin the Martian holding a ray gun saying it's my personal vaporizeeer. Can't stop this from happening.

When someone asks me 'whoa, what is that?' I can't bring myself to tell them it's my personal vaporizer.

Last edited:

dePeatrick

Nov 1, 2013
Ireland
Call 'em what ever you like ... The public knows them as electronic cigarettes
and what a few here decide on calling them PV, or whatever, won't catch on and reverse history.

Actually, unless you're willing to give up the smoke-like vapor ...
what ya call them means nothing to our cause.
Agreed, they are known as E-Cigarettes and there is nothing wrong with that at all, trying to change the name to a more PC mode is nonsense, they provide nicotine electronically, hence the name, better time spent trying to make sure they are not outlawed than what they are called.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
No matter how you cut it, vaping is closely related to smoking (can't imagine why anyone would vape at 0nic), but I believe for public relations purposes, e-cig is not a good term. It is important to separate the two. BTW, I think the term "analog" is quite appropriate.

I call it Digital or my Toker :)

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
I don't see anything negative about calling these things e-cigs - it's pretty much burned into the public conciousness now anyway. As an ex-smoker, I'm not ashamed of my old habit and I don't feel bad that e-cigs are associated by name with it. In fact, though I'm now a 'vaper' I still consider myself a smoker - just a far healthier one than I was.

It is important to spread the truth about the difference between smoke and vapour though - to smokers and non-smokers alike. Vaping has the potential to change and save so many lives that people deserve to know the positive benefits it can bring to both them and their loved ones. Still, some people will stick with their baccy and others will embrace the vape :)

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
No matter how you cut it, vaping is closely related to smoking (can't imagine why anyone would vape at 0nic), but I believe for public relations purposes, e-cig is not a good term. It is important to separate the two. BTW, I think the term "analog" is quite appropriate.

I've been vaping 0 nic since last Monday. That's 9 days. on 11/1/13, I was a 30 year 1 - 1 1/2 PAD smoker. I had my last analog on 11/6/13. I started at 18mg nic, and it was too much. Dropped to 12mg by week 2, by week 4, I was buying 6mg and 0 nic. I just kept dropping, thinking that I was going to hit a point where I needed to go back up. Hasn't happened yet. So... Why am I still vaping at 0nic? #1 - I'm still need the crutch, something other than an analog to stick in my mouth. #2 - It tastes great AND is less filling (the older folks will understand). #3 - I enjoy it.

When I see "PV," naturally I think personal vaporizer. Then I involuntarily imagine Marvin the Martian holding a ray gun saying it's my personal vaporizeeer. Can't stop this from happening.

When someone asks me 'whoa, what is that?' I can't bring myself to tell them it's my personal vaporizer.

Oh man! If I could find that as as an .mp3, I would put a shortcut right to it on the home screen of my phone so I could play that exact clip for anyone who asks what my PV is... When they stopped laughing, I would have no problem saying, "No. Seriously. It really IS my personal vaporizer.". :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread