Quitting analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serenity18

Apr 29, 2018
Hi Everyone
I've been a 30 year smoker at a pack a day and I am looking to quit smoking (again) and start vaping (again). I quit smoking cigarettes for almost 8 months by vaping... then started a new and stressful job and before I knew it, started smoking cigarettes again. I am now headed out to go buy a new vaping kit and just wanted to say hi! I look forward to interacting and exploring the ECF.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome Serenity! Glad you are coming back to vaping. I had a similar experience quitting for about a month using an Njoy setup, but then I started a new, stressful job and well. It was almost a decade before health issue caused me to return to vaping.

You can do it, and the good news is that everything has come a long way. You'll have lots of options. I wish you all the luck in the world, and ECF is a great place to learn more about vaping, including support during the transition process and etc. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time here :)

Anna

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yeah the stress makes you want a smoke so much more. I am currently very stressed. chain vaping trying to avoid having a beer and a smoke, its not easy though.
    Hang in there Gratch. I've been through a heckuva lot in since I've signed on here. It's do-able.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hi Everyone
    I've been a 30 year smoker at a pack a day and I am looking to quit smoking (again) and start vaping (again). I quit smoking cigarettes for almost 8 months by vaping... then started a new and stressful job and before I knew it, started smoking cigarettes again. I am now headed out to go buy a new vaping kit and just wanted to say hi! I look forward to interacting and exploring the ECF.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Glad to hear of your resolve, your making a effort that will payoff nicely in many ways.
    Might like to read:
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/still-smoking-support-and-chat-thread.519384/

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Hi Everyone
    Wishing you good luck for round two. You did it for a period of time so you definitely have it in you to do it again --hopefully permanently. There are a lot of ex-analog smokers here so it does work. My piece of advice would be to try to remove all temptation. For example, make sure your set-up either has removable batteries so you always have a spare and if you use an all in one with an internal battery to either get 2 or have a portable charger and enough juice. This way you will not be as tempted to pick up an analog since you always have a loaded vape close at hand.

Best of luck. You can do it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread