Quitting ecigs aswell!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Bill

ECF Veteran
It's the nicotine that is addictive, not the delivery device. I would imagine that trying to quit nicotine altogether would be as problematic with vaping devices as it is with tobacco cigarettes. It would be interesting to hear from someone who has actually quit tobacco and then PVs altogether.

lachirris

Feb 7, 2009
Cancun Mexico
I never intended to quit smoking but to cut the smoke flavor and bad smell instead.
I couldn't stand the smoke flavor anymore so e-cig did the trick to me.
I did quit real smoking since day one of vaping, and now I´m vaping very low nic juice.
But I don´t want to stop vaping ever!

In the other hand, my friend started vaping just because he wanted to be able to "smoke" something in bars or pubs. He didn't meant to quit analogs. After 1 week vaping he quit analogs, and after 2 months vaping, he quit on vaping too.
He is completely clean right now!

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
I ran out of juice for 4 days between orders,, did just fine for not being able to vape there is a want to, but no panic attacks over it.. There are days that I vape all day ,, and days that I am running around outside that I am not vaping and not notice. Just don't find that nervous panic that going withhout analogs use to give me with not vaping..

motorcity57

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
I'M RIGHT HERE
i started vaping to quit analogs, it is working, but the analog addiction is quite strong. i still smoke an analog now and then, maybe 5 or 6 a week. always when i'm around an analog smoker. i bum theirs. i am trying to stop doing that. i was smoking 2 packs a day, it was killing me. i tried every thing else , patches, gums, pills, hypno, nothing worked the e-cig is doing the job.

CoderGuy

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
Washington, USA
I "accidently" quit analogs the first day I started vaping. After a month of vaping and cutting down the nic I decided to try stopping completely. After a week the nic withdrawal was so bad I almost started analogs again, but decided to start vaping again instead. Since then I have been vaping full time and loving it but have also added snus to my repertoire to cover the non-vaping times, loving life again.

CoderGuy

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
130 days analog free. There are times when I'd rather had the real thing and since I got 4 cartons of them in my freezer it wouldn't be hard to have one.
I haven't though and very proud of myself.
I got a friend who is buying them one at a time and will be glad when they are gone. Every time he comes to get one, I'm hoping he'll give in and start using the e cig.
As for giving up vaping, I doubt it. When I made the switch it was an alternative.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
My purpose for the e-cig was to quit tobacco cigarettes, not to give up nicotine. It goes really well with my coffee!
So on day 1, I had a lot of trouble figuring out what I was doing, the "juice" was getting in my mouth and tasted awful, but every once in awhile things would go pretty good, and it was very intriguing, because it seemed so clean. No smoke, no ash, no smell....hmmm. Three hours of that, I went and made a RYO with nice Golden Harvest light tobacco, lit it up, and guess what? It tasted AWFUL. The smell was AWFUL. And I did love those cigarettes. 2-3 packs of them every day. They tasted worse than that juice the e-cig came with. So, put it out, went back to the battery cig, and haven't had another cigarette since. (I should have kept that one, but it smelled bad.) Three days of that, I told my husband what I had been doing. He stopped smoking too, but wasn't interested in the e-cig, he just uses snuss now. We gave away 11 pounds of that nice tobacco. (We has stocked up before the tax increase, which made $11.35 a pound tobacco into $40.70 a pound).
I will not have another. If this is how I have to make through every day in comfort, so be it. There may come a time when it becomes unnecessary, fine. But I'm not looking to quit, I only want to stay feeling better, living better, working hard again, without dying of a cough and shortness of breath and circles under my eyes. All that is gone, and it would highly recommend PV's to any smoker!

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
Well as i just started vaping i have many panic attacks. Though i dont want to smoke analogs i have to have them beside me which makes me feel comfortable lol! I want to see a day where i have no analogs beside me for atleast a day.

I have no intention of "quitting" PVs. I don't drink caffeine or alcohol nor use any "recreational" drugs. I use PVs so I don't have to breathe fire!

If you are vaping and smoking analogs you might be getting too much nicotine!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Well as i just started vaping i have many panic attacks. Though i dont want to smoke analogs i have to have them beside me which makes me feel comfortable lol! I want to see a day where i have no analogs beside me for atleast a day. I am waiting for my 501's hope those will help me doing this.

American, the best was to avoid the Panic Button is to have juice that agrees with your needs, not stronger or less than you need to replace your tobacco cig, and to have replacements for the "consumeables" at hand, knowing that if somethings goes wrong you're covered. Then just enjoy!! I was able to walk away from cigarettes from day one. And I'm very comfortable. Now it's a matter of instead of running out of cigarettes, it's running out of batteries, atomizers, and cartridges/juice. That can be a full-time job.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
I like vaping! I have gone a couple of days without vaping when hardware problems demanded it. I did not get desperate like when I would run out of analogs. But again - I like vaping!

It's not just nicotine, quiting cigarettes and switching to vaping was hard because of all the OTHER addictive drugs in cigarettes. Nicotine was only a small part of it. Smoking a cigarette is like free-basing nicotine. By comparison, vaping is just a mild delivery system. I love this video from the history channel that's really informative. It never made sense to me how and why there were "4000" additives in a cigarette.

YouTube - What's in a Cigarette?

I love vaping, but I don't crave it the way I used to crave a cigarette (licorice flavored e-juice is a diffent addiction all together). Once you get the other additions out of the way, nicotine isn't all that bad really. I forgot my e-juice once and didn't actually KILL anybody. :-x

--Prof Daffy

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I do want to quit vaping. But I gave myself 6 months of doing this to get as far from analogs as was reasonable. If I vape after 6 months I hope it will be with 0nic. That should satisfy my hand to mouth but get me off the drug completely. Then if things go south with the FDA..I will have a fighting chance to stay off analogs!

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
Well as i just started vaping i have many panic attacks. Though i dont want to smoke analogs i have to have them beside me which makes me feel comfortable lol! I want to see a day where i have no analogs beside me for atleast a day. I am waiting for my 501's hope those will help me doing this.
I have been off analogs for few months already and I still keep a pack on the bottom of my backpack. At first it was for the time when I thought that PV will not be enough and I'll need the analog to satisfy my craving. That didn't happen. But the pack remained in my backpack for emergency when my PV stopped working or all batteries gave up.

Now I purchased a mod that is using long-life inexpensive batteries and feel that for the first time I can be without the emergency analog pack as long as I have extra charged battery, liquid, and a fresh atomizer on me. I am planning to dig up the pack of analogs from my bag on Monday and store it in the kitchen drawer. :)

JanH

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
New Orleans
I discovered after trying to quit with the nicotine patch that I was also hooked on the smoking ritual. So I'm taking care of both addications with the PV. I'm not vaping a high nic content...16 and 11 mg right now, and I'm very satisfied.

I suspect that I will be able to cut down some more on the nicotine and plan on getting a few 0nic bottles of fruity flavors to cut the 16 and 11mg with, to see if that's the case. It should be okay since I can't truly tell any difference between the 11 and 16s so far.

However, I'm pretty sure that I will need the ritual the rest of my days. After all, 35+ years of smoking is a mighty long time. If I should happen to put down the PV after reaching 0nic someday...my ultimate goal...then that will be great. If I die with a PV in my hand that's okay too! Doing what I've already done is nothing short of miraculous for me...:D

Jan

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
I discovered after trying to quit with the nicotine patch that I was also hooked on the smoking ritual. So I'm taking care of both addications with the PV. I'm not vaping a high nic content...16 and 11 mg right now, and I'm very satisfied.

I suspect that I will be able to cut down some more on the nicotine and plan on getting a few 0nic bottles of fruity flavors to cut the 16 and 11mg with, to see if that's the case. It should be okay since I can't truly tell any difference between the 11 and 16s so far.

However, I'm pretty sure that I will need the ritual the rest of my days. After all, 35+ years of smoking is a mighty long time. If I should happen to put down the PV after reaching 0nic someday...my ultimate goal...then that will be great. If I die with a PV in my hand that's okay too! Doing what I've already done is nothing short of miraculous for me...:D

Jan

Yeah, I am hoping to reduce nic too, I am thinking it may take few years if I do it gradually. Of course, having FDA ban around the corner that may put stop to liquid and atomizer sales would make a serious dent in my plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread