The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Quitting

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Calve, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Calve

Calve Fat Bob Squadron Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 27, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Really appreciate this forum, thanks. Stopped smoking when out in Washington, a chum turned me onto a spinner. Didn't take the trip back for me to step it up. Picked up a Black Stingray and a Kayfun Lite Plus, and am TRULY enjoying this new habit. I just can't call it a hobby.

So, thanks again!

2. SammyK

SammyK Full Member

May 26, 2014
    Canada
    Its nice to hear that ecig is working miracles for millions of people across the world. HAPPY VAPING.

3. Calve

Supporting member
    May 27, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Oh dude, I was a 2 can a day Copenhagen snuff user and smoked in between chews to the tune of a pack a day. Haven't used tobacco in over 2 months. Food tastes better, my teeth are whiter and my truck smells good now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JDCJDC

JDCJDC Full Member

Cool another pack of analogs bites the dust!! Welcome and well done!!!

5. epicdoom

epicdoom Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2014
    Maryland USA
    Welcome and congratz on quitting.

6. BXfan

BXfan Full Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Mt. Pearl Canada
    Are there forums about nic inhalers and how much people like them?

7. Steamix

Steamix Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2013
    Vapistan
    May you live long and vape :)

For every day you make it past your statistically allocated life epxectancy as a former tobacco user, your presence alone is going to p*** off a ton of people in bugmint, BT BP, ANTZ :)

8. thewomenfolk

thewomenfolk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado John 3:16
    Now all you need to do is get a rebuildable tank/atty and learn to rebuild it yourself, and then when the FDA and Big Tobacco come together to outlaw it all, you won't have to give it up because you'll be dependent on no one in order to vape. You can even learn to make your own ejuice if you want (just learn here). Congratulations and happy vaping! (I just got a brass Stingray and I'm loving it!)

9. thewomenfolk

thewomenfolk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2009
    Colorado John 3:16
    I think the FDA wants us all on Chemo, their gift to the Pharmo companies. And they're most likely taking payoffs from big tobacco to take the market away from our fine ecig vendors and give it all to big tobacco.

10. MikeMills

MikeMills Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2014
    SoCal OC
    Good deal.

I know I was amazed how easily I quit tobacco.

11. Lurch

Lurch Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2014
    Central Florida
    Congratulations and welcome!!

12. nisam

nisam Full Member Verified Member

Mar 19, 2014
    N Ireland
    Always good to hear these things.

I never intentionally quit analogs, but three days after I first tried vaping no longer had any interest in them and haven't smoked since.

Who would ever have thought you could stop smoking by accident!

13. Calve

Supporting member
    May 27, 2014
    Sweet Home Alabama
    nisam, this exactly what I went through. Is why I put the title of the thread in present tense. I'm just counting days.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

14. Despraci

Despraci Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2014
    Palmyra, PA
    I had a friend try to turn me onto ego's years ago, but I never thought it be any good after having little success with the store bought v2's and carto's. I one day just decided to order a Telsa and a couple PT's. I got everything that Saturday along with my order from MBV. That Sunday morning I had my last cigarette and had no desire to go back. Four weeks later my only concern is finishing off this MBV juice so I can start using my new vendor of choice.

Knowing now how easy it was to give up analogs I wish I would have started years ago. I think of the money I wasted and health problems I could have avoided.

I congratulate anybody that makes that choice, but it is a choice that still takes willpower to succeed at. I only wish I could convert some of my friends, but I am working at it.

15. nisam

nisam Full Member Verified Member

Mar 19, 2014
    N Ireland
    If it is any help - this happened to me about a year back and I still have no interest in smoking.

I think the reason for not telling myself that I have actually quit smoking is that, subconsciously, it could make me crave a cigarette.

Strange, but it has worked.

16. ovshell

ovshell Full Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Norfolk, VA
    I was a pack a day smoker for 40 yrs, when a friend lent me a device. I smoked and vaped for a week ran out of cigs and haven't bought a pack since! It's a miracle.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

17. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Fantasy Island
    [​IMG] to ecf and the new addiction. It is so much fun and I think the best part are all the wonderful people you will meet through ecf. Have fun with it. :)

18. old_geezer

old_geezer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2014
    Lansing, MI USA
    I smoked for 40 years. Pretty much 1 1/2 - 2 packs a day of Marlboro Reds or blues. I quit about 7 weeks ago. My wife loves it. No more ashtrays, ashes on the floor. She cleaned my car interior. My kids say it smells great. Non-Smokers come down to my man cave now and think I'm burning incense instead of gagging at cig stink. I don't cough anymore in the morning. I don't sound like broken bagpipes when I'm sleeping. And we aren't even talking the $$$$ savings. I was at probably $300 a month. I started out and blew $300 on Madvapes, Ebay, and Fasttech. Now I'm down to $50 or so a month and that includes stuff I give away to others trying to get them off smoke. I love it! I work on the 3rd floor and can now run up the stairs 2 at a time and not be winded. And I'm 54yo and my lungs still have a lot of cleaning up to do. :)

- Joe

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jugband

Jugband Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    PA, USA
    Congrats! You'll never look back :toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.