Status
Not open for further replies.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I type this through streaming tears. I haven't been here lately due to school, but I think of you all everyday.
I am very sad to learn of Jack's passing.
He was a great and funny man. I loved reading his posts.
I am at least happy to know that he spent his last night doing what he loved.

RIP Jack...my thoughts and prayers are with your friends and family.

Evil Speakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
lawrence, KS
I started reading/posting in this forum just a few weeks ago. Jack was actually the first person to reply to my initial post. I obviously didn't have time to get to know him, but I could tell reading through threads that he was an important part of this community and loved by everyone. My condolences to all of you.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
.​

Searching for the words to say....but my grab bag of thoughtful words is temporarily misplaced. We've already found how much we miss him, before we knew the why. I am reminded of the profound effect he has had on our little community, the witty author, crotchety old geezer, and wild man of the high country and many travels....uh, nearly forgot the romantic with a healthy taste for life. While the tears are falling, I am heartened knowing that he died with his boots on, enjoying life to the fullest. What better way to go and be remembered. His spirit will live on in the hundreds of thousands of people who his wit, humor, kindness and generosity has touched....this is one man, I KNOW we'll never forget. My heart goes out to his family and close friends, I can only imagine the sense of loss is magnified by an unimaginable amount.

*Raising my glass to you, old man....Cherish the Magic.*
Thank you for sharing this small part of your life with us, many of us are better for it.
:wub:

Last edited:

Rictic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Miami, FL
My sincerest condolences go out to Jack's family. Never thought I'd be this touched by the loss of someone I somewhat interacted with on an online community; but you could just tell he could liven up a place or moment with his peppiness by reading what he had to say, whether informative or just plain funny, both cases equally appreciated. His integral presence here will be missed.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Jack lived his life to the fullest, with a great sense of humor and a big heart, and we are all SO lucky to have known him. He will live on in the memories of so many. My condolences to all his friends and family, and my thanks to Ratman for taking on the difficult task of sharing this sad news.

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I'm devastated. Tears of deep sadness and joy for his release from so much suffering. I let myself allow few beings to really touch my soul. Jack was one. Sadness for you, me, and his close friends and family losing, way too soon, an extraordinary human who touched so many people so profoundly. DH is in town and it is comforting to have him here beside me. Moe Doodle stradled me as I sobbed. Lily Heeler came up to the sofa and kept her face close to mine gently licking my tears. I coped by cooking a huge meal, one I'm sure Jack would have loved. My life has forever been changed and enhanced knowing our Mountain Old Goat. It is comforting for me to know he spent his last night doing what he literally kept doing if only to have "something to keep me alive even if it kills me." My heart goes out to his beloved daughter and grand daughter, his greatest and dearest achievements in his life. Hoping all can find some comfort during this sad time.

Love, Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
About 5 hours has passed since I received knowledge of Jack's passing and still in heavy grief although I never met the man. But Jack was a special kind of person who could transcend the boundaries of what we all lovingly refer to as Reoville. I could tell right away that this gentleman had a rare affinity to make folks happy, why? Because he loved folks, loved people beyond my own comprehension of what love really means. Knowing you sir, has made all of us better folks and I thank you for that "old man".

Throughout all your pain and suffering you never forgot to lend a helping hand or just make a lousy day feel better than how it ought to feel for so many of us "flatlanders", my dear friend....again my thanks. You surely will be missed. Aloha Oe', Mahalo Nui Loa.

My deepest of sympathies to his family and friends....(((((:)wub:))))))

tomster64

Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
San Francisco
I don't know the man but can see he has touched many hearts. I'm sure he be making many clouds above us now. RIP. clouds.jpg

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I was fortunate to meet him at the first Reo Family Reunion. What a larger than life fellow; a raucous individual and a romantic. I'll always his story of him making a bacon bouquet to impress a young(er) lady at his favorite club.

Jack doesn't need silence and tears to commemorate his crossing over, loud belly laughs and wide grins would be more apropos.

I wish I wore I hat, so I could take it off to him. R.I.P.

Aw man, who's going to antagonize Kay next year?!?

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
This is BS, I barely got to know the man. What I knew, I fell in love with. What I found out, I respected. I send him a small private message about something, he returns with multiple pages of his take on things. He wrote to me as if he cared, even though I'm a nobody around here. Then I met Bob57 who I found out was in my shoes with Jack years ago. Jack took him into his family even though they met through the internet. This is the kind of man he was. Jack had something some of us don't see much around here, character.

I wish I had more time with you my friend. To his family especially, my heart hurts for you greatly.

Hey Jack, may your spirit run through those of us you have touched both online and offline.

Last edited:

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Jack, I miss you even though I never knew you in the traditional sense.

Jack was about my age. I recently bought Jacks book "Cherish the Magic." The second chapter opens with Jack and his buddy cruising in Fort Lauderdale during spring break in 1969. Jack grew up near there. I was one of those tourists that year in the spring of 69 and Jack and I may have unknowingly passed within feet of each other. Before buying his book I PMed Jack to tell him I was getting his book. He said "Buy the Kindle version. Nothing I write is worth $20." He was so wrong. Its a wonderful read, especially for those who may have grown up during that time period.

He cherished the magic and because of that he made the world a better place for all.

This flatlander will miss the bigger than life mountain man.

RIP Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread