Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
That Saturday night of the Oklahoma "Family Reunion"....Jack and Alice and I sat up at the table 'til the wee hours of the morning while everyone else was trying to sleep, and we talked about everything under the sun. Inevitably we got onto the topic or religion, and I remember soooo vividly that he said he had to and WANTED to believe there was a Heaven because he needed to know that he would see his parents again when he died. Alice will remember that conversation. Anyway, since yesterday all I've been thinking is that now Jack is with his parents.

People come and go, but Jack is someone who will not be easily forgotten....

fatherdano

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
ohio
Author unknown

An Irish Funeral Prayer

Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Everything remains as it was.
The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no sorrow in your tone.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again.

RIP Jack

harley05

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Scarborough, Maine
Rest in peace GioaJack! Thank you for those vids Karen, I watched two. Jack was certainly complex and real. He lived life to the absolute fullest, even when most people might have sat down. His legacy will live on forever in the hearts and minds of the people he touched. I will also be proudest to be considered a flatlander by Jack. I'm never a morning drinker, but I'm raising a glass in his honor and vaping myself into a coma. Then later I'm heading out to my fave seafood joint, featuring maine lobster dishes. I think Jack would want us all to do something we love and maybe havent done in awhile.

I'm also thinking that I would love to see all of Jacks posts, vids and books. I dont think he would like that all posted here so maybe a thread entitled "Everything GioaJack!". I feel it would be a great way to keep his memory alive. I think his family would love to see all that he has done on these forums also, just not sure how to connect with them. And I would love for them to pop in the lounge with any thoughts or fond memories or just to chat with people who loved and respected him. If anyone has any ideas, feel feel to add them.

And with that I'm getting off here for awhile to ponder....

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Those videos are great!

I remember one of his first posts, and knew he was someone pretty special. And a riot.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-then-vaporer-now-squonker-does-ever-end.html

Not that this sort of thing means that much in the great scheme of things, but you don't quickly rack up 7,201 'likes' unless you've touched people, helped people, made them laugh or if people just enjoyed your thoughts and company. So maybe they do mean something.

Still thinking about him, RIP.

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
For Jack, a fellow Tripster, who always had a joke and kind word....

There is no night without a dawning
No winter without a spring
And beyond the dark horizon
Our hearts will once more sing...
For those who leave us for a while
Have only gone away
Out of a restless, care worn world
Into a brighter day.

Helen Steiner Rice, American poet (1900 - 1981)

Somewhere in heaven Jack is spreading his cheer. I won't say Rest in Peace, but Live Your New Life with Love and Laughter.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
That Saturday night of the Oklahoma "Family Reunion"....Jack and Alice and I sat up at the table 'til the wee hours of the morning while everyone else was trying to sleep, and we talked about everything under the sun. Inevitably we got onto the topic or religion, and I remember soooo vividly that he said he had to and WANTED to believe there was a Heaven because he needed to know that he would see his parents again when he died. Alice will remember that conversation. Anyway, since yesterday all I've been thinking is that now Jack is with his parents.

People come and go, but Jack is someone who will not be easily forgotten....

How can I ever forget. We all three were beyond exhaustion at that point and in addition to me laying into Jack, with obsenities, that amused him, I discovered a soul mate in you. Last night one of the first things I related to my DH was that Jack so wanted for heaven to exist so he could again be with his amazing parents he so worshipped. He missed them dearly.

On a lighter note, Jan, I started my quest for some illustration of your and my positions on one topic by ordering a documentary to send to Jack and then have him mail it to you. I never got it sent although DH would ask me every few days if I had gotten it off. Please PM me your address so I can send it to you.

With love and a heavy heart, Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I'm so glad no one laid claim to the petite donut Trippy I offered up at the Reunion. I got that in a trading fest, at a lunch meet with Jack months ago. It's taking its rightful place of honor with the only other donut I have, a beautiful red/purple gifted to me by oldwildbill.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread