R.I.P. Prodigy V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fog Cutter

Jun 15, 2009
LA
Well, I laid to rest my Prodigy V1 yesterday. It had a good run, but finally stopped responding to my sweet caresses as of 14 hours ago. Now I'm in the market again. :)

But splashing back to this forum has given me more options that I would prefer, and not many clear answers. So maybe someone can help?

As I understand it, the Prodigy V1 is no longer in stock and is being remodeled indefinitely, right?

So that leaves me with the Protoge or the Ace.

The problem is, I need 5v to survive. So, with the Prodigy V1 currently off the market, what is going to deliver? Do I need to sit tight for the newest Prodigy?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before -- I searched all over, and can only find news on the Protoge. But I doubt my throat will even register 3.7 volts. :(

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
You know it has a 6 month warranty? And a base service for those past the warranty.They also still have all parts to service the V1.
Or is this a truck ran it over it then gorilla's ate it and pooped out nothing but a flat tube kind of thing?

Edit: When did it ship? I don't think anyone that preordered actually got them until June if I remember right so I would assume the warranty doesn't start until it actually shipped...

Gibby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Fairfax, VA
Well, I laid to rest my Prodigy V1 yesterday. It had a good run, but finally stopped responding to my sweet caresses as of 14 hours ago. Now I'm in the market again. :)

But splashing back to this forum has given me more options that I would prefer, and not many clear answers. So maybe someone can help?

As I understand it, the Prodigy V1 is no longer in stock and is being remodeled indefinitely, right?

So that leaves me with the Protoge or the Ace.

The problem is, I need 5v to survive. So, with the Prodigy V1 currently off the market, what is going to deliver? Do I need to sit tight for the newest Prodigy?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before -- I searched all over, and can only find news on the Protoge. But I doubt my throat will even register 3.7 volts. :(

Wait for new Prodigy.

Oddgirl

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Don't pitch the Prodigy, Fog. I'm sure it's the switch -- that's the only thing that can go bad (and believe me, they do go bad). They're coming out with a manual switch soon, so get one of those.

If you're sure you don't want it anymore, PM me -- I might buy it from you and give it to a friend for Christmas who can't afford a new one.

Fog Cutter

Jun 15, 2009
LA
Great advice from all. :)

Wench, Bears, I think you both have the right of it. My order date was six months and eight days ago, but the actual ship date still gives me six days to put in a return request, which I just did. :)

Wench, 'fraid that's a no go on the gorilla. My gorilla is dead. And he didn't even taste that good.

Nubee - Thanks for the heads up on the switches. If the warranty falls through, that will probably be my next best bet. :) My skill with solder is less than L33T, but I have a quickdraw on my wallet.

Browsing the site really got me looking at that Ace though. And now my card is burning a hole through my britches. lol

Fog Cutter

Jun 15, 2009
LA
If you're sure you don't want it anymore, PM me -- I might buy it from you and give it to a friend for Christmas who can't afford a new one.

Count on it kiddo. ^^ I love my Prodigy dearly, and am willing to go the distance to keep a relic alive. But if it turns into too much of a hassle, you'll be the first on my list. This thing has served me well for almost six months. Not bad for a measly hundred and forty bucks.

rinkusu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Seattle, Washington
Also, even if it's no longer under warranty, there is always the

"The Prodigy V1 Expired Warranty Repair/Replacement Terms"

that you can find on the site:

Click on "The Prodigy V1" on the navigation pane
Go to "Next Page" on the upper right

The details are there- you mainly need to contact the customer service team (Casey) via their Contact Us link... or send an email to info@puresmoker.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread