Radio Shack, vape batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I'm not sure to post this here or in the Lounge. I was following some links and this caught my eye.. I haven't even looked at any of the listed batts details. I have to let this sink in slowly for a while..
    https:// vaping.com/vape-parts/batteries?manufacturer=1810

ETA (from that page):
    Radio Shack: Radio Shack is known as one of the world’s largest and oldest distributors of electronic equipment; with origins going back to the 1920s. Radio Shack’s 18650 batteries are highly recommended for vaping and sure to keep your vaporizer powered up with the greatest performance.

Last edited:
    • Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    IDK and I probably won't be looking because whether they are legit or not, I kind of have an aversion to buying anything from a retailer that has "Shack" in the name.

I will admit I got some flavors from "Flavor shack" or whatever it's called, and they were great, but I really had to talk myself into it,

IDK what radio shack sells anymore. A ton of cellphone items and a ton of robotic and/or expensive radio controlled cars, the last time I went there. I'm sort of surprised they are still in business although to be fair, "electricity" is not one of my areas of expertise anyway....

Anna

raqball

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2010
    I'd stick to well known and proven brands... Better to spend a few extra $$ and get something proven than save a few bucks and run the risk of having mod go kaboom....

Radio Shack has been around forever (I thought they went belly up a few years ago though) but I'd not buy those and stick them in a mod...

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Buying "vaping" batteries from Radio Shack would be like buying generic batteries from EBay or Amazon. I'm pretty certain that Radio Shack doesn't make their own batteries, but simply re-wrap cells with their own name on the wrapper. Unless Radio Shack specifically states what cells they are re-wrapping (which they don't), I wouldn't use them. $13 per battery is a ripoff being a rewrap or not.
    INR 18650 3.7V Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery - RadioShack

Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded or Aftermarket) Battery?

Last edited:

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2018
    Cumbria
    www.e-cigarette-forum.com
    $13 per battery is a ripoff being a rewrap or not.

I used to work for Tandy (the European offshoot of Radioshack) many, many moons ago. Although generally the quality and range was excellent, everything was grossly overpriced by a wide margin.

As far as I can tell they don't have a presence in the UK any more, not surprisingly.

denali_41

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    Beware of radio shack batteries ,there was a report about 3 years ago of a guy who bought his vape batteries at radio shack,
    they were no where near capable of handling the load of vaping,of course he threw RS under the bus during the reporters interview in the hospital after they blew up in his face

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread