Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

But I could be wrong. Maybe with mesh it's different? I do have some mesh that I could test this on, but I don't feel like trying to find it. :p

AFAIK, Mesh operates under the Same Laws of Physics as it's Plainer and slightly Boring Cousin the Round Wire.

But maybe the Quasi n-Dimensional Lattice of Mesh causes Different Lepton Interactions that the Standard Model doesn't explain.

:)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
That's true, but isn't thinner wire basically "less material" than thicker wire of the same length?
Damn your eyes... :thumbs:

Bigger holes, less material, less resistance...
I keep coming around to the changes resulting in less resistance "material" thus, less resistance.

@ricks
...What happened with the mesh modifications.

Cheers
I

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    ...What happened with the mesh modifications.

If you're referring to his 2nd image, those are digital holes :D.

dz5xqmzx0aeigef-jpg.937147

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan

borno

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 31, 2019
    land of pleasant living
    AFAIK, Mesh operates under the Same Laws of Physics as it's Plainer and slightly Boring Cousin the Round Wire.

But maybe the Quasi n-Dimensional Lattice of Mesh causes Different Lepton Interactions that the Standard Model doesn't explain.

:)
    Are you channeling professor Irwin Corey?:)

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    This always gets me... I know this and have been making coils for 10 years now but sometimes my old brain just doesn't work like it used to. SuCks getting old.

I can vouch for an old brain as well. Sometimes I can't remember what I made for lunch by dinner time. :unsure:

OT... I started switching to mesh RDA's and RTA's only in the summer of 2017 until I had 29 of them, and they were the only atty's I used up to when I stopped vaping the fall of 2019. And at first I experimented with making my own mesh for them from sheets of SS and Ni80 mesh I had left over from the old genesis atty days, plus a roll of Vandy Vape mesh as well as using premade Wotofo and OFRF nexMesh in them later. In my case i wanted lower ohm builds not higher ohm, so early on I made some as low as .09 - .12 ohm from the mesh I had on hand. But I can't find my notes doc that I kept that had all the specifics of those various builds, including a chart of how the length of specific width changed the ohm value.. Lost the file in the last new computer upgrade probably, and all the vape gear/supplies are boxed up and in storage. So 3.5+ years after i did the mesh trials the old mind just can't remember now even what the basic rule was. Sorry

My favorite mesh gear in order of preference...
    10 Wotofo Profile Mesh Squonk RDA's
    10 Digiflavor Mesh Pro Squonk RDA's
    6 Wotofo Profile Unity Mesh RTA's
    3 Vandy Vape Mesh Squonk RDA's

My first preference for mods was always mech's, and when I got my first Reo in early 2014 (have 37 of them) they became my favorite mods. But i also ran some of the top three atty's above on regulated mods to run the lower mesh builds in some of them.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    • Agree
    Reactions: ricks

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Ok, I removed a little off one end and the coil went from .2Ω to .32Ω and it does work on my Vinci Air perfectly now.

Thanks for all the help! Now if only my brain would stop going wonky...
    Thank you, now I can sleep tonight.

@zoiDman , @UncleJunkle , thanks for trying to help me understand.
    It's still a bit counter intuitive, but it's useful going forward.

Cheers
    I

Reactions: zoiDman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread