Random - Fruit Flies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Ohh just great..We live in a fruit belt and every year like clockwork the fruitflies appear in droves. I'll have to find a suitable container to put my juices in when the flies appear cause anything sweet, they go after. Around here they don't appear until the fruit ripens and begins to fall inwhich is later in the summer, early fall.

Lex Ave

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2012
Florida
I've got hose flies too. And I've never seen so many wasps before. I have two electric racquets. One outside by my pool (where wasps like to hang out) and one inside for the mosquitoes.
I hate those darn fruit flies.
When I lysol the door knobs, trash can, light switches at the end of the night, I always hope I can fog those f-ers out! LOL

I'll gladly trade you all your fruit flies for the damned horse flies I have here. They are freakin' huge and their bite is way worse than their buzz. :(

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Fruit flies are attracted to the CO2 emitted from decaying or fermenting fruit, just like mosquitos are attracted by the CO2 from you.

I'm a homebrewer. Keeping fruit flies out of the airlock on a freshly pitched batch of Summer Ale is a pointless exercise. They can't get in, but man will they die trying.

Oh and... Those naturally fermented French wines and Belgian ales... well, their flavors are unique for a reason.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
I have the same problem here in the UK too.
Because of the warm sticky weather we're currently having, there's loads of flying nasties about. Mossies, midgies, fruit flies, wasps and flies in general. Can't leave the windows open to cool the house down at night, it's a pain.

When I used to smoke the flies used to stay away, now that I vape mainly fruit liquids it must be some sort of aphrodisiac to them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread