[RANT] I'm tired of mech and VW misionaries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I'm getting tired of this

almost every time someone is asking about going into mechs there is someone that says that mechs are just for backup or unsafe or anything else and that he is better off with a regulated device, as you DON'T need to go into sub-ohms and it's stupid if you try to.

but on the other hand...
when someone is thinking of upgrading to a regulated device, there is always someone telling them that they NEED a mech and a rebuildable as those are the best vape and regulateds don't hold a candle next to a mech...

come on people!!! if someone is asking for info on mechs, give info about mechs!, if some wants a regulated then help him!!!!

if you love your mechs/regulated don't go into a regulated/mech discussion and show them that they are wrong!!!!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Yea, even after two years here I still get po'd over people Challenging rather than assisting.
It is Not just limited to the Mods, regulated or Mech. Every time someone ask for help with a Clearo, Carto tank, dripper, Genny. etc. Someone inevitably says it is crap....You need xxxx - They ASKED for HELP not shopping advice!:mad:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
In the end it is your decision to make. I am a Trucker by trade, a Flat- Bed Driver. Tarps, Chains, Straps, climbing on and off of trailers and loads, long days and occasional overnight runs. I prefer the durability of a REOS Grand for this environment. However, if you work at Home or in an Office, maybe the circuit protections of something like a ProVari would be better for you.
Take a look at who YOU are, what YOU do, and what you're vaping equipment may or may not be subjected to in the course of your day. Choose your equipment according to YOUR needs, not what seems popular.
For what it's worth, I also have two VV Grand and three Woodvil that NEVER leave the house. The Grand and Mini are the Mech's that are my at work 'beater' mods, the VV Grand and Woodvil are for relaxing at home. I don't need all seven, but I really like and enjoy them. If one or two PV's could provide you with everything you need, than that is what you need. Take your time and choose wisely.

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
I remember when I first started vaping after I had my MVP all I wanted was to try dripping and building. I wasn't ready to get a different mod nor did I want to. I just loved the thought of building my own coils and dripping. Well after I asked I was bombarded with people telling me I should just get a mech as there was no point in trying to drip on an MVP. so I believed them and did just that which I later regretted. It wasn't till just a few days ago when my brother came to me (after I bought him an MVP) and said he wanted to try one of my drippers. So I grabbed my igo-L, 30 gauge Kanthal, and made a nano 1.5 ohm coil and HE LOVED IT. It's all he is using now and very soon I'll be teaching him how to build his own coils.

So just remember everyone. Please just try to answer the question that was asked :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Some people seem to have enormous difficulty getting their heads wrapped around the simple notion that their dream vape isn't everyone else's. Even if the off-topic advice comes from a well-intentioned, good-hearted place I always wonder if it makes the OP feel as though their vaping style isn't sophisticated enough to be worthy of an answer to their question(s).

jakematic

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Squonk Bottom Flats, NC
Choose your equipment according to YOUR needs, not what seems popular.

Absolutely - find what works, what you enjoy, and go with whatever keeps you off analogs.

Certain mod/tank/etc not to your liking ?
Pass it on to a new vaper, or someone who might not be able to afford it otherwise.
Pay it forward.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
It's my way or the highway!

image.jpg

Thankfully I go every way. I love my regulated mods AND my mech. I am partial to rebuildables for the moment, but considering everything I've been through the last few months, it may truly just be for the moment. I try to keep my recommendations limited to what the OP seems to be looking for, and I don't quite understand the zealotry behind some of the die hards on both sides. Sure, you're more likely to recommend what worked for you, I get that. People are so different from each other though. How could they all possibly be looking for the same thing? I'm only one person, and it seems I'm looking for something different each week. Not because what I have isn't working. My first ego got me off cigarettes. Just because I wanna try it all. Why limit yourself and why limit anyone else?

EDIT: Yes, that's an Erlkoniginin the middle, and yes, I wanna show it off. Isn't it purtty? You all need to buy one. It's shiny....

Last edited:

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Take a look at who YOU are, what YOU do, and what you're vaping equipment may or may not be subjected to in the course of your day. Choose your equipment according to YOUR needs, not what seems popular.
For what it's worth, I also have two VV Grand and three Woodvil that NEVER leave the house. The Grand and Mini are the Mech's that are my at work 'beater' mods, the VV Grand and Woodvil are for relaxing at home. I don't need all seven, but I really like and enjoy them. If one or two PV's could provide you with everything you need, than that is what you need. Take your time and choose wisely.

I love this & totally agree. I'm a REO user too (and that's not why I agree. It's just coincidence lol) but I took a really really long time trying a few inexpensive things out & thinking really hard about what I care about in vaping & what I don't before making that first purchase. By the time I got my first REO I knew based on what I do & don't like that this was a mod that provided everything I like & pretty much nothing I don't. That doesn't mean it will satisfy everyone but for me it's perfect.

I'll certainly suggest a REO to anyone who's asking for suggestions on a mech. But I don't bother trying to tell someone who's asking about their ego & protank that they simply must get a REO & RM2. I don't really see how that would help that user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread