Status
Not open for further replies.

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
I opened a blog on my page for this purpose:
I wanted to open a thread that would help those that have questions about rba's (genesis) as well as to get the community more involved in discovering new products that work- thus post your success build pics....
either continue posting here or on my blog page....i wanted this to be a clear forum for those with questions about Genesis rba's
View attachment 209477 View attachment 209478 View attachment 209479 View attachment 209481 View attachment 209482
.5 Ribbon or .8 Ribbon Kanthal A from Kidneypuncher used exclusively in all of my Genesis Attys..
Unbeatable Flavor, Ease of Use, comparable to 30awg and 28 awg respectively ohm wise...
I use a Vamo V2, Evic, Innokin MVP, Zen Sidewinder Winter Camo LE, Ego Twist, Ego T, Ego C....the stove...
I prefer AGA T2's, AGA S V2's, AGI's, RSST's, ZAU's, Hybrid Mods...
I also have a million clearos (evods, novas, etc...) that I never use anymore because of genesis set-ups, go figure...

Last edited:

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
what would be VERY useful for noobs is "go-to" set-ups for first timers.

for example:
mechanical/unregulated mods:
aga-t2 / Kanthal A1 28AWG wire/ 400 mesh / 3-4 coils

that is in no way a good idea for noobies.

there is SOOO much info that needs to be read, and videos that need to be watched; that by the time they are done their research, they know what they should get.

giving a beginner a shopping list to "just get started" is a recipe for disaster.

why do i claim this?
i have several sit downs a month helping out others that cannot make coils themselves.

Why do i help make coils for them? Because i feel bad that they spent their money on a product they weren't ready to own, or are just incapable of using themselves.

rebuildables aren't for everyone, and more people should start enforcing it.

d3mon

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
san antonio
that is in no way a good idea for noobies.

there is SOOO much info that needs to be read, and videos that need to be watched; that by the time they are done their research, they know what they should get.

giving a beginner a shopping list to "just get started" is a recipe for disaster.

why do i claim this?
i have several sit downs a month helping out others that cannot make coils themselves.

Why do i help make coils for them? Because i feel bad that they spent their money on a product they weren't ready to own, or are just incapable of using themselves.

rebuildables aren't for everyone, and more people should start enforcing it.

Interesting.

I guess I got lucky with my research and build. Cuz I reviewed a few commonly referred to youtube vids, took some suggestions from a couple of the pros around here, bought my stuff and dove in. First build was serviceable, but a tad harsh. Reviewed youtube builds, saw that my wick was probably a bit sub-par, and built my second. Vapes great.

But may you’re right…maybe a lot of people lack the attention to detail and basic knowledge required. For me, I wanted a good jump off point and then I’d tweaking from there. in fact...after watching the tasteyourjuice tutorial on pulsing, all i wanted was to know a good wire gauge and how many coils for my Bolts.

i don't think i did too bad
IMG_20130510_182641_zps440e7ef6.jpg

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
not trying to put down those willing to do it.

but the problem i see is that there is a lot of information out there as it is. Asking for advice is one thing, but asking "what should i get, and how do i put it together?" is another.

If a person doesnt have the patience to put in a little bit of footwork to figure out what they should get, then there is a chance that they will not be able to get over that first hurdle of frustration.

I'm always willing to help those that are willing to help themselves :D

it becomes dangerous, when someone who never built a coil, is trying to wrap a 0.8ohm coil on an unoxidized wick on a mech mod...
because they were told it was the best vape.... see what i am getting at here.

doing your own research, you come across the benefits as well as the risks of having these types of setups. and are more cautious and aware because of it.

If the OP wants to go through with this, i suggest stating the risks involved along with the benefits. It's just not something we see as often as we should.

i've had a friend put my mod(bottom button) on a table without locking the switch.
the 0.8 ohm 28ga. coil was activated for a good minute; the coil did not pop, the mod did not shut off, the mod just got super hot...
i lost a bit skin because of it.
I'm actually surprised the battery didn't vent.
All because he never had to deal with a bottom firing mod, or something that didn't have a cut-off.
It sounds dumb, but that is all it would take to have a battery go off 2 feet from someones face....

d3mon

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
san antonio
not trying to put down those willing to do it.

but the problem i see is that there is a lot of information out there as it is. Asking for advice is one thing, but asking "what should i get, and how do i put it together?" is another.

If a person doesnt have the patience to put in a little bit of footwork to figure out what they should get, then there is a chance that they will not be able to get over that first hurdle of frustration.

I'm always willing to help those that are willing to help themselves :D

it becomes dangerous, when someone who never built a coil, is trying to wrap a 0.8ohm coil on an unoxidized wick on a mech mod...
because they were told it was the best vape.... see what i am getting at here.

i see what you're getitng at. it helps that i'm a mechanical designer and stuff like this is RIGHT up my alley.

i've had a friend put my mod(bottom button) on a table without locking the switch.
the 0.8 ohm 28ga. coil was activated for a good minute; the coil did not pop, the mod did not shut off, the mod just got super hot...
i lost a bit skin because of it.
I'm actually surprised the battery didn't vent.
All because he never had to deal with a bottom firing mod, or something that didn't have a cut-off.
It sounds dumb, but that is all it would take to have a battery go off 2 feet from someones face....

oh. i know EXACTLY what you mean. my GF, who's been vaping for almost 6 months, never actually realized that jamming her Bolt (that has no button lock out) in her back pocket while sitting in the restuarant pounding margeritas with her friends was a bad idea. she figured out there was an issue when her ... started boiling and the Carto burned up and dumped a full tank of Heather's Heavenly Vape down her buttcrack. came home smelling like just-baked blue berry muffin and crying over a broken Bolt LOL.

...and she did NOT appreciate the "hot ..." jokes I was throwing her way.

Last edited:

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
ANYWAYS..PLEASE CONTINUE with RBA GENESIS QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSION....PICS SOLUTIONS
SORRY FOR BEING ABSENT YESTERDAY....WORK...BUT SO FAR GOOD THREAD...
REAL IMPORTANT LESSON!!!!
NOOBS DONT BOTHER BUYING A MECH UNLESS U KNOW EXACTLY WHY U NEED IT
IF U DONT, DONT BUY IT AS IT CAN MAKE YOUR LIFE MORE OF A PITA.....The examples above don't sound very pleasant....lol

Last edited:

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Alright, everyone lets continue....this was off to a great start ...sorry for the rambling last night i woke up for ice cream lol its super hot here (100)..
I really mean that I want this to be useful...so people should feel free to ask questions...
my morning set up today: View attachment 209769 The Zen Atty U replacement came back- in Stainless Steel instead of quartz, on a Vamo V2, 11watts, 4/3 wrap of .5 Ribbon Kanthal-A, 1.5Ohm, Fat wick with fat hole (Five Pawns Gambit)...
View attachment 209770
The Evic with an AGA-T2, 5/4 wrap .5 ribbon K, 1.3-1.4 ohm, 10 watts (G2 Vapor Shocker)...
The Zen Sidewinder Winter Camo Le 18350 APV Hybrid, 5/4 wrap .8 Ribbon K (guessing .9 ohm)- 19 watts on a 4.2v charge...lol...calculated (4.2x4.2/0.9)
(Five Pawns Bowden's Mate)

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
So what does 5/4, 4/3, etc wrap mean?

Also, for an AGA-T2, what size should the mesh be? 2x3 inches, 1x2?

Thanks!

5/4, 4/3 etc. means the way coils come out when the connection points aren't on the same side of the coil, typical of genesis attys that have the negative screw on the outside and the positive connection at the center post. You look at 'front' side of the coil and you see 5 wraps; look at the other and you see 4 because the wrap doesn't return to the 'front'.

Opinions will vary on the AGA-T2 wick size. There's a long thread here with a lot of information on that atty.

Personally, I used 1.5" x 3" on the stock AGA-T2 before I drilled out the wick hole. Makes for a solid wick, so if that's what you're looking for it's a decent guideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread