RBA on a Lavatube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress Dragonfly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
U.S
I am currently using tubetanks and various tanks on my Lavatube. I have been looking at numerous mech mods and hybrids but am blown away by some of their prices. I love their look, especially Zen, caravela etc and hear that the vapor production is outstanding. I love my chrome Lavatube, its in great shape but wondering if a RBA and tank would work on the Lavatube? which one would work? :blink:
love the look of that whole sleek tank system and the vapor production of RBA

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I would imagine any with a 510 connection would work, I don't know what the limit is on the lava tube, but on many devices like it anything under 1.2 or 1.3 ohms reads as a short. I was running an AGA T+ plus on my ZMax at around 2 ohms, many seem to like the RSST, I haven't tried it. Those are both fairly cheap China RBA with tanks.

P.S. I went to clean my tank, and it came out in three pieces, now I am waiting on a replacement tank, otherwise I would still be using the AGA T+.

Empress Dragonfly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
U.S
well, I received my Zenesis Atty-U already precoiled and tried it on an original Lavatube with a fresh charge. I followed advice from Zen on his youtube videos. fired it and only the first coil lit up. It seems as though the Lavatube isnt strong enough to push the power to it. I surely thought the Lavatube could handle it. So..my next move would be to get a bigger battery. Any suggestions?

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I believe you stated the Lava Tube goes up to 6 volts, if that doesn't do it then I don't know what would. If you have a different mod, or even something like a Twist or Spinner, you could try it on one of those. Or if you know someone with a mod, maybe you try it on theirs. I wish I could be of more help, but I too am at a loss. I would be curious what it would do on something else, could be a problem with the coil and not your mod.

I don't know of any regulated mods that go over 6 volts. I think you picked a really nice unit, hopefully you will be able to enjoy it soon, I would like to have one someday. Best wishes, someone will certainly come along with experience than me and hopefully help you to get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread