Status
Not open for further replies.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I've seen a picture where someone had removed the cone and the metal tube it screws onto, put a 510-510 extention in, and then screwed on some sort of rba. The bottom of the RBA held the metal case on the mod.

I've spent a few weeks looking for that picture and instructions again, since I really want to do that as well, but can't find it :( Would love to know as well.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I've seen a picture where someone had removed the cone and the metal tube it screws onto, put a 510-510 extention in, and then screwed on some sort of RBA. The bottom of the RBA held the metal case on the mod.

I've spent a few weeks looking for that picture and instructions again, since I really want to do that as well, but can't find it :( Would love to know as well.

this is exactly my vision. as long as the atomizer has an open bottom and is at least 9mm in diameter, it should work. what im wondering about is the connector. is an unsealed connector hollow on the bottom? im trying to imagine how easy it would be to draw juice up through it.

also, is the A7 pretty much the only reasonably priced unsealed bottom RBA?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i just scored myself an A7 and unsealed adapter. im glad that it at least fits and fires. step one accomplished.
now, i need to see how functional it is. my A7 is plaged by the ever common wobbly center post but ive located a fix and i plan to do that tonight.
i hope i dont need o-rings but if i do im sure theyre easy enough to get and install properly.

PansSiren

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2012
Denver
Ha, the other thread made me look for this one - I didn't realize you were the same person!

I found this in the super long thread going on here - I'll post the "original" post, then you can follow the conversation.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-mod-vapage-com-part-2-a-116.html#post7260249

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-mod-vapage-com-part-2-a-146.html#post7526223

This is in another language, but might help when you have it in front of you:

Vapage Vmod XL using A7 atomizer - YouTube

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Heh yup that's me. So the A7 and the vmod 2.0 are getting along swimmingly so far. The juice feeds into the atty perfectly. A quick pump and dry pull saturated the wick and then some but not flooded. I haven't noticed any leaks and I haven't even used any extra o-rings. My only issue is that the A7 sits about 2mm too high. Functionally it's fine, but I don't like the slight slidyness of the vmod shell when I pick it up. I think I can find a shorter adapter. The one i bought is longer, i thought id need a long one. Hope i can find one 2mm shorter.
image.jpg

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Perhaps you can slide an o-ring or a small washer in that space to stop the wiggle? Are you just using a 510-510 adapter? Did you use any other tid-bits or do-hickeys to make it work? I'm kind of using you as a guinea pig for this experiment... if you still give it a thumbs up after a week, I'm gonna pick one up!

you know, i bet i could use an o-ring or washer to stop that wiggle. good call. i may or may not have one that'll fit. my plan was to just use a shorter adapter.
you are correct, im just using a 510-510 adapter (unsealed). no other do-hickeys, tid-bits, or doo-dads thankfully :p
i will for sure report back on my results. but as far as i can see, i will experience nothing but pure RBA VMod happiness.

oh, just remembered....regarding doo-dads: you do need to add a quick fix to most A7s. the center post is wobbly but all you need to do is install a small slice of a carto condom in between the post and body of the A7 but i think you linked a thread where that is explained if i recall correctly.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
absolutely. i gotta admit ive been neglecting my A7 in favor of my gennys lately. its not that i dont liek the A7 because i do. ive actually got it soaking right now to clean out the old flavor. gonna slap some cotton in that badboy- itll be my first cotton setup. i hope i like it, i think i will. if not i may try to put a tiny bit of a ss wick in there. but anyway yes, still a thumbs up. its great having an rba on my vmod. its my little flavor factory.

oh, and no leaks. the 510 unsealed extention is all i needed. i wish it were 2mm shorter but hey it works fine. i did have to slightly mod the vmod shell to stop the rattle, but if i ever find a true shorty 510 unsealed adapter ill be golden, and i can remove the modification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread