Status
Not open for further replies.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Hi friends I have been using and building a rda but I just got my first rba. It's a UD AGI. I just built my first mesh set up!! I did it!!! It's working great! Coil is working fabulous! The mesh was a little tricky but I found a video that had some really great tricks to winding the coil on the mesh and it helped tremendously! I'm vaping on it now. I never thought I could do this but I did it!!! You all are so wonderful and have helped me grow and move foward! Can't wait for the next step! Just for fun I built my first micro coil last night just to practice and it didn't look too bad!! I'm having so much fun with this I just had to share.

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Congrats OP! I've gotten into rebuilding this past month, and I have yet to tackle stainless steel mesh. I love the taste I get from cotton for now. I have my genesis style tank set up in autodrip mode with a single microcoil wicked with cotton. Rip Trippers has a video on it, and I love it this way. Only drawback is that it does leak on it's side, so I've been sticking with my Kayfuns much more lately.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Thanks I'll check out his video. Mesh is different but it's not too bad. I wound the mesh then after I the oxidation, I used a very little and thin nail down the center of the mesh hole then wrapped the coil around the mesh with the nail in it. Then removed the nail. The nail gave the mesh more stability. I'm very much used to working in small areas with tiny things as I did dentistry for almost 30 years and I think that really helped me when it came to winding small coils.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Hi friends I have been using and building a RDA but I just got my first RBA. It's a UD AGI. I just built my first mesh set up!! I did it!!! It's working great! Coil is working fabulous! The mesh was a little tricky but I found a video that had some really great tricks to winding the coil on the mesh and it helped tremendously!

Hey, congrats on your new setup! Good for you girl!
I've been using mesh wicks in my RBA's for almost a year now and I love it. I made up six new wicks this morning just for something to do, and since I'm still bored I might make up another 6. Once you get that wick making down it's all gravy. Coiling isn't so hard either.

What I do is cut the ends off a Q-tip with a plastic stick, and use that to wind the coil on, stick it in the RBA wick hole, lock down the ends, and check for shorts and ohms. Then I just slip the wick in twisting it in the direction it's rolled in. I check for hot spots and nudge them out with a dental pick, and bingo, I'm good to go.

I've always gotten great flavor and vapor from SS mesh in my genesis RBA's and it's a complete mystery to me why others have such trouble with that. Maybe it helps to be a girl :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread