Status
Not open for further replies.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
People still don't know that juice is a flammable liquid(pg is a petroleum based product). Too hot with too much oxygen will result in it catching fire. Under normal use with top cap on it will almost never be an issue. You usually only see this while dry burning coils. With a wet wick and air moving over the coil will keep it cool enough to prevent a flare up.

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
My Mutation X build kept catching fire on me! I would press the button on my Sigelei 100W and as soon as I did, Boom - Fire. Like, lots of fire shooting out the airholes, it was Crazy! It wasn't every time and it was very sporadic. Couldn't figure out why, so I removed the coils, had Quad 28 ga at 0.2ohms, and put on Dual Twisted (Twisted Dual 30 ga around 24 ga) for 0.2ohms and Caught fire Again!! Each time it happened I had the top cap on. I had 2 different juices in it, between the 2 different coils, and had 3 different wick setups.

Still have no clue as to why this was happening. Cause it was literally happening as soon as I pressed the button (i guess you could say, "right at fire up").

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
My Mutation X build kept catching fire on me! I would press the button on my Sigelei 100W and as soon as I did, Boom - Fire. Like, lots of fire shooting out the airholes, it was Crazy! It wasn't every time and it was very sporadic. Couldn't figure out why, so I removed the coils, had Quad 28 ga at 0.2ohms, and put on Dual Twisted (Twisted Dual 30 ga around 24 ga) for 0.2ohms and Caught fire Again!! Each time it happened I had the top cap on. I had 2 different juices in it, between the 2 different coils, and had 3 different wick setups.

Still have no clue as to why this was happening. Cause it was literally happening as soon as I pressed the button (i guess you could say, "right at fire up").

Think about how much power and thus heat you are putting into such a system and ask yourself why it is happening. Just like most carbon based matter, There is a vapor and/or smoke point, and a flash point to it

Last edited:

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
Yeah, I truthfully didn't think that 0.2 ohms with a Twisted coil vs 0.2 ohms with a non-twisted coil would Produce that much heat that it would bring the juice to it's Flash point. Not only that, I don't know what my "flash point" is for my juices?! How would I even find it? MSDS sheets, I guess?

But now I know...and knowing is half the battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread