Profile 1.5 catching fire!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravoroni

Jun 16, 2021
Hey guys,

I have been using my profile 1.5 RDA for squonking with a Vandy Vape pulse V2 for a few days now. It was amazing until this morning.

I decided I wanted to try a new flavor of juice which arrived through the mail (Humble butterscotch vanilla custard). I had my old juice in the squonk tank(Loaded S’mores), and decided I’d just drip the new juice on coil + cotton and take a few puffs to see how it tastes.

So I pulled off the top cap, and dripped a nice amount of juice over the mesh coil and cotton. The cotton was well saturated so I gave it a quick pulse, holding the fire button down for 1-2 secs at 70w and the cotton / coil literally caught of fire (like a lighter) which I had to immediately blow out. It scared the hell out of me.

I immediately removed the cotton and re-wicked it using the included wotofo cotton. I saturated everything again, and sure enough it caught fire again. So then I’m thinking maybe it’s the coil. I changed the coil and did a whole new build (re-wicked it again too). Dripped some liquid on it and totally saturated everything and sure enough it caught fire again.

Now it’s so bad that it catches fire when I’m just trying to turn the mod off (pressing the fire button 5 times quickly). So I’m literally clicking the fire button 5 time very fast to turn off the mod and it’s still catching fire like a lighter.

Needless to say I’m extremely concerned. I REALLY enjoyed squonking with this RDA so it’s a real shame. I would really like to fix it. As it was working fine for a few days now.

The only thing I can think of is could it be the juice? That’s the only thing that has changed. The new juice I’m using is Humble Butterscotch Vanilla Custard. I highly doubt it’s the juice, but at this point I can’t think of anything else.

Maybe because I didn’t squonk / squeeze the squonk tank, and just dripped juice on the top before pressing the fire button? Even though I made sure to add a nice amount to where the juice was nice and saturated.

Some details about the build:

Mod - Vandy Vape Pulse V2

Coil - Wotofo nex Mesh Turbo 0.13 recommended wattage 60-80w

RDA - Wotofo Profile 1.5

And the wattage I normally Vape it at is 70w. I leave the bottom airflow totally open and open 1 on the top too. So basically 4 holes on the top closed.

if anyone can help me figure out what’s going on I would appreciate it a lot! I love this RDA and really want to continue using it.

thanks in advance!

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
In your case the way you deliver juice to the coil has no impact.

Did you try dripping the other juice?
If it still lights up like a pyre with your old juice check for hotspots when dry burning your coil.
If that's not the issue, check if the wick is tight enough inside all of the coil, because hotspots and sloppy wicking can cause your issue as well.

• Agree
Reactions: tnt56

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I run 4 of the profile 1.5’s and the only time I’ve had your problem is when I crease the mesh ever so slightly. I have to feel it with my finger to see if it’s been deformed. If it is then I just wasted a piece of mesh and cotton. Good luck. I really like the rda and have 2 of them on Vandy vape pluse v2. Nice squonkers. Wish they had a bigger bottle though. Other 2 are on topside duals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread