RDA clone reviews/info

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
Here's my flavor testing setup, it's an igo-l rda with 28ga kanthal wrapped around a small piece of stainless steel mesh. Works great, and dry burns easily so no need to re-wick between flavors. Screenshot_2014-11-21-16-08-39.jpg

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
You should check out any of Pbusardos e liquid reviews on youtube. He does all of his reviews with the "disposable" dripper and also gives tips on how to do so. Not sure exactly which video, and I think there are different tips in different ones.

Pbusardos is one of my favs...if not my fav...he does great reviews, from what I've seen, very detailed ones and....and....I CAN UNDERSTAND HIM...hahaha...I'm married to a native Brit but for some reason it seems that about 80% of the Youtube reviews are done by Brits/Aussies and I can not understand but about half of what they say....even my wife has trouble with some of them....hahahaha...love them all but Pbusardos and Ripper are my favs...
I have not seen nor was I aware that Pbusardos had any on reviews on the "disposable" drippers...I will look for them!!
Thanks so very much for your response!!
Have a vape for me while your at it!!

Mccannch

Nov 10, 2014
NY
Here's my flavor testing setup, it's an igo-l RDA with 28ga kanthal wrapped around a small piece of stainless steel mesh. Works great, and dry burns easily so no need to re-wick between flavors. View attachment 391211

Great idea. Never thought of that. Bit of a flavor change, but going from cotton to clearo tanks would be the same.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I would fear liking the RDA results so much better than the tank you just can't go back. Then you are in for a journey!! A fantastic and great tasting journey at that.

Hahahaha....you devil you....My neighbor friend that got us set up when we got ready to make the move up from the VUSE system drips almost exclusively and chided us about not getting into dripping....but he was just having fun but he has offered to set us...mostly me cause the wife has no desire what-so-ever to drip....but he's right down the complex from me and offers just about every time he sees me to get me started on the RDAs, RBAs and anything else....hahahaha...

We got a ways to go yet as we have only been at it for about a month so we need to settle in and become familiar with what is good/bad or indifferent and then move into the wide open world of vapping so that we can experience it to the max....hahahaha...and for me...maybe the badazz DRIPPERS!!

Thanks for your response!!!

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
Great idea. Never thought of that. Bit of a flavor change, but going from cotton to clearo tanks would be the same.

I am just blown away by what I see here....this looks great.
Excellent way to taste test new DIY flavors.....
Been looking at these igo-RDA series on FastTech.....looks like a good deal!!

If you use the same dripper for testing different flavors would you wash the tank, coil, mesh with alcohol and then drip with new flavor? If so..that would be the trick!!
Thanks for your response!!

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
I was in about two months always telling myself I would never ever ever build my own coils. Watching YouTube vids ruined me so I jumped in. Never going back. Just take your time and always be careful and comfortable. It will help a lot having someone who knows what hey are doing to help you out.

Yeah...I am a very patient man and love to research tons before getting into anything and the wife is happy right now with where shes at but I have the itch to move on and get into the DIY flavors and the rebuilds....heck I'm retired and need some thing to keep my busy!!!

Mccannch

Nov 10, 2014
NY
I am just blown away by what I see here....this looks great.
Excellent way to taste test new DIY flavors.....
Been looking at these igo-RDA series on FastTech.....looks like a good deal!!

If you use the same dripper for testing different flavors would you wash the tank, coil, mesh with alcohol and then drip with new flavor? If so..that would be the trick!!
Thanks for your response!!

If you use something like a igo-w with a single coil and ss mesh all you would do is apply the juice to the mesh and fire. Should get a couple of hits. Take the cap off when done and pulse the fire button a few times to "burn off" any excess juice and then you can drip again. Pretty simple.

If you buy a igo-w I would suggest drilling out the airhole a bit. Also if you don't want to wait for fast tech you can get them from most shops online for $15. Not really expensive at all. If using ss mesh be sure to read up on how to use it. It has to be oxidized before use.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
If you use something like a igo-w with a single coil and ss mesh all you would do is apply the juice to the mesh and fire. Should get a couple of hits. Take the cap off when done and pulse the fire button a few times to "burn off" any excess juice and then you can drip again. Pretty simple.

If you buy a igo-w I would suggest drilling out the airhole a bit. Also if you don't want to wait for fast tech you can get them from most shops online for $15. Not really expensive at all. If using ss mesh be sure to read up on how to use it. It has to be oxidized before use.

^^^^^^^
Good thinking!
That's the best, most economical way for the OP's purposes.
Mesh in a dripper;
taste; dryburn; repeat.

Redbellie

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2014
Cottonwood, AZ
^^^^^^^
Good thinking!
That's the best, most economical way for the OP's purposes.
Mesh in a dripper;
taste; dryburn; repeat.

Don't really see any downside to using the mesh.
Granted..there could be a slight difference in taste but for me I don't think it would ever be noticed.

I'll know in a month or two how it works for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread