RDA for juice testing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
That's what I ordered my IGO-W for pretty much but I've not gotten it yet having just ordered it last night. It cost me a grand total of $16.89 including shipping, so it's a good deal IMO. I ordered it from MyVaporStore online. I checked the reviews on it, and it's a decent dripper by all accounts, though you will have to enlarge the air holes.

Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | myvaporstore

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
I've never had much luck with tasting pure flavor in any 510 dripping atty (bridged, bridgeless, sealed, unsealed, SR, LR, etc). So, I went the RDA route as well to test my juices.

So, I just make a LR microcoil on an IGO-L. Pop in a small (barely coming out of the coil on either side) cotton wick, pop it onto my Magneto, and test my juices that way.
When I want to test a new one, I just remove the wick, dry burn the coil, and add a new cotton wick.

And I drip my juice directly onto the coil/wick with the IGO-L cap off, so I don't even need to wipe anything down on the RDA.

Super fast and easy.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Kranjo, there are a few differences between using a dripping atty and using an RDA. The first is the amount of liquid they can hold. The dripping atty will only take a few drops of liquid, whereas an RDA can hold more juice depending on the amount of wick you use. An RDA may be easy for the above folks and myself, but it may not be as simple for you when you are first starting off. Get an Rda if you want to start learning to build coils, get a dripping atty if you want something you don't have to fuss with.

kranjo

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Varazdin, Croatia
Kranjo, there are a few differences between using a dripping atty and using an RDA. The first is the amount of liquid they can hold. The dripping atty will only take a few drops of liquid, whereas an RDA can hold more juice depending on the amount of wick you use. An RDA may be easy for the above folks and myself, but it may not be as simple for you when you are first starting off. Get an Rda if you want to start learning to build coils, get a dripping atty if you want something you don't have to fuss with.

I'm aware there is learning curve with RBAs, and RDAs, but I love mechanics, phisycs and chemistry, so I think I will manage to do it right way (probably not with first attempt, but you never know:) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread