Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Was it an electrical spark or a burning spark? An electrical spark could be bad. Burning sparks though are normal as what dry burning does is remove carbon deposits. I often heat my coil up and then blow on it to help along the removal of the carbon. Burning sparks everywhere

Joe Vito

Feb 13, 2018
Was it an electrical spark or a burning spark? An electrical spark could be bad. Burning sparks though are normal as what dry burning does is remove carbon deposits. I often heat my coil up and then blow on it to help along the removal of the carbon. Burning sparks everywhere
I really don’t know, or know the difference. Just a quick spark, looked like from the post, or maybe the bottom of the deck idk it was so quick.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I really don’t know, or know the difference. Just a quick spark, looked like from the post, or maybe the bottom of the deck idk it was so quick.
Do you remember the color? Burning sparks are generally orange or sometimes deep yellow. Like the sparks a campfire throws. Electrical sparks are blue white.

• Useful

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
And if it helps, I was doing this on a mech because the build was too low for my regulated so I had to dry burn on there to get the resistance up (the build was safe for it).

Really I only use regulated, and just want to make sure I can continue to use this rda ?

If resistance is too low to be firing on a regulated mod you probably shouldn't be firing it on a mech mod.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Reading them are relevant to keeping you from becoming a statistic. ;)

Any reason why you need to try to vape a build that low on a mech with your current experience level? Not dumping on you, but based on some of the questions you've been asking in various threads, I question if you know enough to be safe with a mech.

Just my 2 cents. Please do some research as has been suggested. Hate to see updates here with a venting or battery explosion resulting in the near future.

If your regulated device won't fire your build, it's not wise to move it to a mech.

Joe Vito

Feb 13, 2018
Reading them are relevant to keeping you from becoming a statistic. ;)

Any reason why you need to try to vape a build that low on a mech with your current experience level? Not dumping on you, but based on some of the questions you've been asking in various threads, I question if you know enough to be safe with a mech.

Just my 2 cents. Please do some research as has been suggested. Hate to see updates here with a venting or battery explosion resulting in the near future.
I know all about my safety, but thank you for your loving concern. Maybe take the time to read and understand that I’m only dry pulsing the coils on the mech, to get the resistance up, and then vape on my regulated

• Optimistic

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I know all about my safety, but thank you for your loving concern. Maybe take the time to read and understand that I’m only dry pulsing the coils on the mech, to get the resistance up, and then vape on my regulated
I still don't see that as a good idea if a regulated mod won't fire them. All you need is something else wrong with the build (causing your regulated not to fire), drop it on the mech, and boom.

I can tell this isn't going to be a productive thread to participate in. Don't ask questions if you don't like or dismiss the answers. Many very experienced folks here that can help, not just for safety concerns, but also to maximize your vape experience.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I still don't see that as a good idea if a regulated mod won't fire them. All you need is something else wrong with the build (causing your regulated not to fire), drop it on the mech, and boom.

I can tell this isn't going to be a productive thread to participate in. Don't ask questions if you don't like or dismiss the answers. Many very experienced folks here that can help, not just for safety concerns, but also to maximize your vape experience.

I agree with you. I will no longer bother wasting my time to try and help this person. He knows the answers to the questions he's asking so there's no point. Just another accident waiting to happen that made it to the ignore list.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Hopefully before I make your ignore list, you’ll also see that I’m using a dual PARALLEL mech with 2 18650’s...tell me again how I’m not being safe?
This is coming from someone who just a week ago was asking if he could run SS wire in power mode. And wasn't sure of it having a kanthal core.

Glad you've got nice hardware bro, but back to basics perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread