Rda pre build coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsdrew93

Aug 8, 2018
0.6 ohms pre built coil reading at 0.355 ohms any ideas anyone everything done properly everything is tightened

Attachments

• 501050B6-B557-4101-AFCD-529B5163E163.jpeg
    501050B6-B557-4101-AFCD-529B5163E163.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • AA5C5466-0B87-44D4-9E14-9EEE9DDECB7C.jpeg
    AA5C5466-0B87-44D4-9E14-9EEE9DDECB7C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Itsdrew93

Aug 8, 2018
Those are pre built? I understand buying drop ins for tanks, but pre built for an rda? I mean you have to install them anyways, why not just make them at that point, especially those which look, well not too professional. .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Yh I know but I’m new to this and I want to understand ohms abit more

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
All I can say from looking at the pics is to have the coils evenly spaced and a IMO lot less space between the wraps. The difference between Ω readings from what they say and what you got can be many things, enough that its not worth buying prebuilt cause they can contain mystery wire of who-knows-where. Having spaces that wide just burns juice between the gaps, the closer the wraps the better the vaporization of juice but not touching each in any way(I don't like contact or microcoils) or even close enough to jump the connection causing hot spots. My spaced builds wraps are close enough to each other , just enough to get a business card between but they do not touch.
Making a single wire coil using a drill bit or whatever is much better when you know what wire is being used. Making a coil is simple its the installing it onto a atty is where the skill takes place.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm sure that you know about wire apps like steam engine, with that you just punch in what wire you have and target resistance and it will tell you the wraps. As long as your using a regulated mod, you don't need to worry so much on resistance. Your now at .3 ohms , so you kind of are in the ballpark. I also understand that your not sure what wires to use or gauge, so buying whole spools might be a waste of money, so I understand the pre built for now....but wire is cheap and it's kind of fun making coils, just refer to steam engine once your ready
Yh I know but I’m new to this and I want to understand ohms abit more

Itsdrew93

Aug 8, 2018
All I can say from looking at the pics is to have the coils evenly spaced and a IMO lot less space between the wraps. The difference between Ω readings from what they say and what you got can be many things, enough that its not worth buying prebuilt cause they can contain mystery wire of who-knows-where. Having spaces that wide just burns juice between the gaps, the closer the wraps the better the vaporization of juice but not touching each in any way(I don't like contact or microcoils) or even close enough to jump the connection causing hot spots. My spaced builds wraps are close enough to each other , just enough to get a business card between but they do not touch.
Making a single wire coil using a drill bit or whatever is much better when you know what wire is being used. Making a coil is simple its the installing it onto a atty is where the skill takes place.
So are my readings right and thank you

Itsdrew93

Aug 8, 2018
I'm sure that you know about wire apps like steam engine, with that you just punch in what wire you have and target resistance and it will tell you the wraps. As long as your using a regulated mod, you don't need to worry so much on resistance. Your now at .3 ohms , so you kind of are in the ballpark. I also understand that your not sure what wires to use or gauge, so buying whole spools might be a waste of money, so I understand the pre built for now....but wire is cheap and it's kind of fun making coils, just refer to steam engine once your ready

Thank you so does 0.355 ohms mean 0.3 0.4 ohms roughly

• Agree

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yes......so it looks like maybe your using 26g wire , maybe 3mm diameter and 6 wraps? That would be close to .6 ohms for 1 coil. Or are you using a slightly thicker wire and a smaller diameter then 3mm..looks like 26g to me in the pics

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I think a good place to start is your preferred wattage, from there you match a wire gauge and go from there....so if one is into 100 watts, then 26g is a bit thin, but if one prefers 40 watts then 26g is really good .

• Useful

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
So are my readings right and thank you

Dual coils requires a finesse to get both coils firing evenly. For a new builder can be frustrating. I still after over 5 years of building don't like dual coil vaping, cause for both the extra hassles pharting with the coils to get them firing nicely and the extra battery strain. If you using a single battery mod with dual coils, your battery gets strained from the extra umph your asking of it and the older the batt the less life before the mod shuts down. I do just dandy vaping a single core clapton build....after you perfect your building techniques then look into clapton, well worth the time to build for cloudz against any single wire.
Not to start a flame war against me but IMO it good to know the ohm laws if your pushing the limits on a mech hitter and the type of battery your using but the mods of today have enough features that allow you to vape low ohm with not much worry.

Pierre Just Pierre

Unresolved Status
Aug 24, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Pierre Just Pierre

Unresolved Status
Aug 24, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty

Pierre Just Pierre

Unresolved Status
Aug 24, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
100 ml 0, 3, 6 mg 15 bucks First class insurance mail. 2 to 4 days I pay for the mail the first time. 15 dollars straight up.just tell me me what flavor palet you’re into...
Dude.... seriously? Why are you trying to hock juice when he's just asking about some coils?

Pierre Just Pierre

Unresolved Status
Aug 24, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
My answer is good juice sells it self and with coils he can ank me me any time how to build the best coil for your mod I got that down pat...
Good for you . Register as a supplier and sell your junk the way you're supposed to... Not by spamming threads.

Pierre Just Pierre

Unresolved Status
Aug 24, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Now if he wants to pay 30 bucks for 30 ml god bless him. I joined this forum to help. Not make money...
If by "help" you mean trying to sell juice between informing everyone how great you are, I find you very helpful .:lol:

Pierre Just Pierre

Unresolved Status
Aug 24, 2018
  • Deleted by Misty

Itsdrew93

Aug 8, 2018
Yes......so it looks like maybe your using 26g wire , maybe 3mm diameter and 6 wraps? That would be close to .6 ohms for 1 coil. Or are you using a slightly thicker wire and a smaller diameter then 3mm..looks like 26g to me in the pics

Spot on mate thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread