Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Is that the Goon 1.5?
I'm not sure. I think it's the original one. It was given to me and they had it over a year.
I did buy a dead rabbit for my squonk box since it also had a converter pin. I like using my goon on my procolor.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Agree with bombastinator to start with a single coil atty of which there are many many. You also need to take into consideration whether you are after chasing flavor i.e. a small chamber and what type of airflow you like. If you give that information recommendations can be tailored to your tastes.

Reactions: Tonee N

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
An RDA requires dripping juice on the coil/wick to keep it wet.If you add a squonk pin to the RDA you can use it on a squonk mod to wet the coil/wick.A squonk pin is hollow and allows juice to enter the bottom of the RDA via the squonk bottle which you squeeze.Most newer RDA's come with a regular and a squonk pin.When looking for any RDA most people prefer a deeper juice well .For a squonk RDA you want to look for an RDA with airflow holes (usually the higher on the atty the better)that protect against leaks from over squonking.

Last edited:

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Is that the Goon 1.5?
I don't believe the original goon is squonk compatible though I know that the 1.5 is definitely designed for the option of squonking.

If you are new to building and dripping I would recommend getting yourself an rda that has velocity style build deck being that it's the easiest to build on. There are many rdas that feature the velocity style but I would try and get the Velocity V2. This rda is the second version of the first velocity rda ever, introduced by Cisco & Dino (Avid Vapor). I have one and it was my first rda. They are pricey but Tobeco makes a great good clone although I still recommend the authentic being that I did see a big quality difference with the authentic and the one by Tobeco. This rda is actually squonk compatible too.
IMG_2739__42892.1455920904.500.659.jpg

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Well semi-new to building. Doing it for two months i guess now. I currently have VV Kylin, Ijoy Exo, Limitless and GV Ammit which i switch around.

So i decided to get an RDA this time.
Well I guess I should say that the velocity v2 is still a great rda, even for non-beginners:)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So the two RDAs you mentioned can they be used for normal vaping and squonk as well?
If you have both a solid pin and a bfpin you can use them for either squonk or non squonk. I used the pulse with the bf pin for non squonk with no problems for over a year though so it depends a lot on how well sealed your 510 socket on your mod is. In theory a bf pin can leak juice into your 510 connection so if you are using a bf pin in your atty non squonk and you get leaking you may want to change your center pin from hollow to solid

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
And while i am at it, GeekVape GBOX, good stuff?

I don't own one but I've read and heard great things about this mod, I might get one myself in the near future! (I use a mech Pulse BF for squonking)

As for a starting RDA, I got the Dead Rabbit SQ (single coil, 22mm version of the not-SQ), and overall it's a great RDA! Easy to build on, tons of flavor (much more than my Pulse 24 or Wasp Nano), and decent clouds. Squonks great too, I can oversquonk or overdrip and it won't leak! I can only recommend it, it's still my primary RDA.

Also, if you want a dual coil, the Drop does seem like a solid choice!

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I don't believe the original goon is squonk compatible though I know that the 1.5 is definitely designed for the option of squonking.
All the versions of the Goon should be able to be modified.I have an original,an lp,and a 1.5 and have bottom feed pins in all of them.The original and lp didn't come with bf pins,but they can be bought and installed very easy to do.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
Getting a squonk is my next step. Just wanted to get an RDA this month and a squonk mod next month! I would like to stick to a dual battery one, as I expect a single one would drain quickly and I do move around a bit! But I see dual options are limited on squonking mods.

No ciggy money... so lots of dollaaaas to spend on stuff now! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread