RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
@Sed8op8 - thanks for the in depth thoughts. Have you tried the Kennedy with a single coil? if so, how does it vape?
The comparison to the Goon is fine and helpful. I may be weird but I prefer the looks of the Apocalypse. The gas mask and the chunky heat sink fins work for me I guess. Plus I like the black cotton candy finish. Don't get me wrong, I like the Goon's looks as well. Simple and clean plus lots of accessories with caps and tips. I did watch Mike Vapes video about the Apocalypse and he mentioned the problem with Goon tips not fitting.

I was really interested in the Unholy but I'm reading a lot of horror stories about the plates and post screws snapping.

The MTerk has a similar setup to the Apocalypse so I'm not sure if one needs both. They're close in price so I guess it boils down to aesthetic preferences and, honestly, they are similar in looks other than the logos.

Reactions: Sed8op8

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
@Sed8op8 - thanks for the in depth thoughts. Have you tried the Kennedy with a single coil? if so, how does it vape?
The comparison to the Goon is fine and helpful. I may be weird but I prefer the looks of the Apocalypse. The gas mask and the chunky heat sink fins work for me I guess. Plus I like the black cotton candy finish. Don't get me wrong, I like the Goon's looks as well. Simple and clean plus lots of accessories with caps and tips. I did watch Mike Vapes video about the Apocalypse and he mentioned the problem with Goon tips not fitting.

I was really interested in the Unholy but I'm reading a lot of horror stories about the plates and post screws snapping.

The MTerk has a similar setup to the Apocalypse so I'm not sure if one needs both. They're close in price so I guess it boils down to aesthetic preferences and, honestly, they are similar in looks other than the logos.
I have not vaped the Kennedy with just a single coil. I would imagine it would work fine my only concern is as a larger rda there's no chamber reducer or anyway to negate that open space. It's one of those Rdas I have always tried to use coil mass to displace all of that real estate.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I have not vaped the Kennedy with just a single coil. I would imagine it would work fine my only concern is as a larger RDA there's no chamber reducer or anyway to negate that open space. It's one of those Rdas I have always tried to use coil mass to displace all of that real estate.
Yeah, the Trickster is more suited to duals and should probably be used that way. I was just curious.

I'm really looking hard at the Tokugawa now. That and the Reload (no one in the US seems to have it in Stock at least not that I can find), Apocalypse Gen 2 and the Buddha Z V3 25mm.

Oh and I watched Mike Vapes video on the MTerk. $85 with no spares of any kind and it comes in a plastic ziplock bag? No thanks. They could've at least put it in some cool packaging and threw in spares for $85.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I said "what the hell" and pulled the trigger on an Apocalypse Gen 2.
I think its probably the best performing/best built RDA in its weight class right now and i think your going to love it 8)

Also I think you dodged a bullet with the m terk.

The Reload is another USA built RDA that is really beautiful and vapes very well. The problem is finding them in stock. There is an app called VapeBlock where you can purchase it and its not cheap but definitely one to keep your eyes out for.

Reactions: jhhollier

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I think its probably the best performing/best built RDA in its weight class right now and i think your going to love it 8)

Also I think you dodged a bullet with the m terk.

The Reload is another USA built RDA that is really beautiful and vapes very well. The problem is finding them in stock. There is an app called VapeBlock where you can purchase it and its not cheap but definitely one to keep your eyes out for.
I have pretty high hopes for the Apocalypse. I'll post my thoughts when I get it in. The Tokugawa is what I'm gonna ask Mrs. Claus to bring me :D

Yeah, the Reload is impossible to find in stock. I emailed Element Vape to ask if they'd be getting more in stock. Hopefully I'll hear back from them later today.

Now I need a couple of more mods to add to the collection. Looking at the Minikin V2 and a DNA 250 from Mad Modder.

Reactions: Sed8op8

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I have pretty high hopes for the Apocalypse. I'll post my thoughts when I get it in. The Tokugawa is what I'm gonna ask Mrs. Claus to bring me :D

Yeah, the Reload is impossible to find in stock. I emailed Element Vape to ask if they'd be getting more in stock. Hopefully I'll hear back from them later today.

Now I need a couple of more mods to add to the collection. Looking at the Minikin V2 and a DNA 250 from Mad Modder.
I have not used or heard of the mad modder dna but I have the minikin v2 and love it. The touch screen is amazing the mod hits instantaneously and the battery life is freaking amazing. I love it

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I have not used or heard of the mad modder dna but I have the minikin v2 and love it. The touch screen is amazing the mod hits instantaneously and the battery life is freaking amazing. I love it
I hadn't heard of Mad Modder until recently but his mods seem excellent. Yes, they're just Hammond style boxes but the work on the interior seems immaculate, lifetime warranty for the lipo and offers laser etching to customize your mod. Plus he uses higher mah lipo packs than most other modders. Lowest mah is 1850 and the highest is 4500 mah. Laser etching on one side of the mod is included with the cost of the mod and you can get another side customized for an additional $50. The mods are expensive but still cheaper than the majority of high end mods.

2250 mah DNA250

DNA 250 1850mah MINI

Those are the two I'm interested in. I'll shut up about mods now.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I hadn't heard of Mad Modder until recently but his mods seem excellent. Yes, they're just Hammond style boxes but the work on the interior seems immaculate, lifetime warranty for the lipo and offers laser etching to customize your mod. Plus he uses higher mah lipo packs than most other modders. Lowest mah is 1850 and the highest is 4500 mah. Laser etching on one side of the mod is included with the cost of the mod and you can get another side customized for an additional $50. The mods are expensive but still cheaper than the majority of high end mods.

2250 mah DNA250

DNA 250 1850mah MINI

Those are the two I'm interested in. I'll shut up about mods now.

Last edited:

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
IMG_1974.JPG
The Unholy RDA is excellent, massive juice well, silver plated deck, I feel that the single screw vertical clamp system is far superior to the Goon's horizontal 2 screw clamps. No leaks and an innovative AFC. However the Goon edges it to beat it on flavour, with the Unholy edging on vapour production. But that being said, it's currently not available for purchase without a Deathwish Mod.

The Apocalypse also has an equally sized juice well, and an equally interesting single screw horizontal clamp system to the Unholy, which I also feel is better than the Goon's. Excellent flavour and vapour production with a gold plated deck. No leaks, and a really nice AFC, although getting drip tips to fit can be a mission.

Both RDA's share a genesis with the Goon, and all offer slight tweaks over each other. With that being said, the Goon offers the best value for money with the quality, finish and performance of their product. We can not really evaluate the Unholy in comparison cost wise, simply because it's not available to buy on its own. The Apocalypse, which comes at a premium over the other 2, however brings an element of fun that the other 2 RDA's simply lack.

Vaping is meant to be fun, and despite costing fairly more than the Goon, I like the Apocalypse. Is the extra cost worth it, I am not entirely sure. But I have 3 Apocalypse RDA's and only 2 Goons and I don't regret it. So that must be saying something.

Reactions: jhhollier

Hank F. Spankman

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2013
New Jersey
Not a fan of the sideways clampsof the unholy. But I'm a big fan of the whole "unholy theme".

The Yeti RDA by Emvii looks to be quite promising. Easily convertible to BF (if you so desire, and IF it uses a standard size pin). And coming in at a pittance of $40ish, is very economically feasible,
df9b2798eeff0d8b2846a1924b6b39b8.jpg
6e86991ebb26a502e8a62ed15e783305.jpg

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
My NoName Mods NoToy shipping finally updated and is out for delivery. I ordered it so long ago I almost forgot about it as it took almost 6 weeks from Europe 8( vapinart had it in the us 1 week after I ordered it lol. Anyways im super excited its a single coil smaller then 22mm (can't remember the exact specs) RDA bottom air and Bottom fed. Looks to be a little squonking flavor monster which is kind of where my tastes have been at lately. Also on the complete opposite end of the spectrum I found my aeronaut 24 and it is freaking amazing beautiful airflow single coil clamp system with springs and a huge juice well. Im suprised there is not more hype about it. Only complaint is its a bit big if it was a tad shorter it would be my perfect atomizer

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
A Hobo 3.1 without the annoying "quick release" barrel. I think I read on FB that you'll be able to get a BF pin for the Yeti but I'm having trouble finding where I read it. Maybe I hallucinated it.

24mm diameter and the air looks a bit lower too. But, definitely a hobo 3.1 redux.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread