RDA RDAs = the best flavor. Everyone says so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver5656

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I knew I couldn't be alone in that, lol.

lol thats exactly what I do. I have a authentic tobh and veritas, and a clone magma and stillare. Yes the veritas is better in flavor than the others. Still not as good as my kf's. My next purchase will most likely be the erl

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
I was just thinking of starting a similar thread!

I have been thinking about this lately since finding my Erlkonigin delivers better flavour than any other device i've tried. I've been wondering whether to try the expromizer or squape R or seriously hyped RDAs like the Plumeveil, Vulcan or Veritas or even try the CLT 2 or Castle as i'm always on the quest for ultimate flavour. I took out my magma today after a few months of it sitting on the shelf and I was not impressed. Now most people would agree that this is supposed to be one of the best if not the best flavour RDAs on the market (the reason I bought it). So if that was so hyped and still not as good as my Erl then I'm sure the same applies to many others. I used to think it was good which it probably was compared to my Taifun GT but then my Taifun GT was great compared to the evod I started on.

I don't particularly like the inconvenience of dripping and am not obsessed with low ohms or cloud chasing - 1 ohm is fine for me - so for me it's all about flavour. The reason I got an rda in the first place was because of supposedly superior flavour and just to have something for tasting samples too. Maybe I should forget about getting more RDAs if they don't deliver superior flavour and focus on trying tanks.

One thing i never understood is everyone seems to be saying you - reducing the chamber in this rda so you get more flavour. So if you get more flavour with a small chamber why not use a device that has an even smaller chamber - an RTA.

Edit: Just noticed the person above me is thinking of getting an Erl! Coincidence!

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I was just thinking of starting a similar thread!

I have been thinking about this lately since finding my Erlkonigin delivers better flavour than any other device i've tried. I've been wondering whether to try the expromizer or squape R or seriously hyped RDAs like the Plumeveil, Vulcan or Veritas or even try the CLT 2 or Castle as i'm always on the quest for ultimate flavour. I took out my magma today after a few months of it sitting on the shelf and I was not impressed. Now most people would agree that this is supposed to be one of the best if not the best flavour RDAs on the market (the reason I bought it). So if that was so hyped and still not as good as my Erl then I'm sure the same applies to many others. I used to think it was good which it probably was compared to my Taifun GT but then my Taifun GT was great compared to the evod I started on.

I don't particularly like the inconvenience of dripping and am not obsessed with low ohms or cloud chasing - 1 ohm is fine for me - so for me it's all about flavour. The reason I got an RDA in the first place was because of supposedly superior flavour and just to have something for tasting samples too. Maybe I should forget about getting more RDAs if they don't deliver superior flavour and focus on trying tanks.

One thing i never understood is everyone seems to be saying you - reducing the chamber in this RDA so you get more flavour. So if you get more flavour with a small chamber why not use a device that has an even smaller chamber - an RTA.

Edit: Just noticed the person above me is thinking of getting an Erl! Coincidence!

i think the consensus among most RDA/RBA/RTA vapers who do all feel the same; an RTA rebuildable tank type , which has a feed system either gravity= above the coil, or under (?) - not sure about under as the Genesis, which is an RBA imo... but RTA gives better flavor than a RDA.

(RTA can be filler type too like Prometey2 or Spheroid with filler above the coil imo)

You're talking Erlk... or Kayfun, Russian, Fogger etc etc... and those are RTA's and most agree they have best flavor compared to most if not all RDA's.

Another thing is most (but not all maybe) are single coil, and most have less air than most dual air RDA's.

Imo, the more coils, the more air holes, = more vapor, but you get less flavor. ymmv.

PS: now that i think about it they're all RBA's lol... but Genesis in my mind is not an RTA for some reason.

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
I thought RDA guys always thought it was the purest, best flavour - thats the impression i've gathered over reading many things and watching many videos. There always seems to be someone especially Riptrippers gushing over the lastest RDAs flavour and calling it a flavour RDA like it's the king of all flavour devices. I got the impression it was controversial to think tanks had better flavour. I heard someone say at vapefest American juice makers are far ahead of the UK the best because so many people drip there so you can taste everything so the flavour has to be clean. Maybe just nonsense, i'm not sure. But US juices sure are good!

I find that a bit of a curious paradox. I definitely find RDAs give more vapour so why then, do they not give more flavour? After all vapour is what contains the flavour so you would think more of it = more flavour. If RDAs don't offer the best flavour I really don't see the point in going to the trouble of using them because they're a hassle and what's the point in more vapour is you're getting inferior flavour? I've never tried genesis ones yet. How do they compare to regular RTAs in flavour terms?

Last edited:

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
I find that a bit of a curious paradox. I definitely find RDAs give more vapour so why then, do they not give more flavour? After all vapour is what contains the flavour so you would think more of it = more flavour. If RDAs don't offer the best flavour I really don't see the point in going to the trouble of using them because they're a hassle and what's the point in more vapour is you're getting inferior flavour?

More vapor does not necessarily mean more flavor. I recently came to these realizations as well.

More air = more overall vapor, but less actual juice vapor. Thus, less flavor.

More coils = more vapor, but higher temps can "cook out" the flavor. More coils also require more air - see above.

More chamber space = More Air - see above.

Tanks like the KFL will always be superior in flavor to RDAs until someone replicates the exact setup of the tank (deck, airflow, chamber, chimney) in a dripper.

Just my 0.02$

sent via Droid Mini

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
If RDAs don't offer the best flavour I really don't see the point in going to the trouble of using them because they're a hassle and what's the point in more vapour is you're getting inferior flavour? I've never tried genesis ones yet. How do they compare to regular RTAs in flavour terms?

People are fascinated with more vapor, (and the impression that there MUST be more flavor in more vapor)... RDA's are LESS hassle to setup than an RTA.
Heard of "cloud chasing"?

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
So the extra clouds are a combination of air and vapour that makes them seem more dense? I just assumed it was all vapour in the clouds.

I find the actual setup of RDAs takes about the same effort as a tank but the massive hassle is refilling it every 5 minutes. Imagine topping up your tank every 5 minutes! Must just be a cloud thing then.

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
So the extra clouds are a combination of air and vapour that makes them seem more dense? I just assumed it was all vapour in the clouds.

I find the actual setup of RDAs takes about the same effort as a tank but the massive hassle is refilling it every 5 minutes. Imagine topping up your tank every 5 minutes! Must just be a cloud thing then.

You are correct. Air mixing with vapor means bigger clouds. Heat gives the density - thickness to the vape. They can be a hassle depending on the build. More wicks means more juice consumed. More heat means more juice consumed. Et cetera ad nauseum.

Eta: thicker juice (higher VG) seems to give more rips/fill in my veritas. Running it with 70/30.

sent via Droid Mini

Last edited:

ModBox

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Thanks Mox, interesting to get a bit more insight into the science of vaping. That would explain why huge clouds can result in less flavour! Think i'll maybe buy a squape R to go with my Erl and then forget about atties if possible. Drippers probably aren't for me as i'm just interested in the best flavour possible and love the convenience of tanks.

I've never tried dual coil tanks or genesis yet so do wonder about things like the kraken and fogger v4 and orchid.
Edit: just searched and found the fogger v5! Interesting dipper post design. It seems these 2 styles of atties are becoming more and more similar over time.

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii

i guess so, i have been making coils for 3 years like a fiend... so its really a snap now. All you do is set up the coils, wick and go, but a tank has all those compartments etc.

I love my Prometey2 by Titanium Modder Group Ukraine... it has an central air source thats under the coil, between the pos/neg post, so you can drip it, but the tall top cap chamber has a filler (like the Spheroid) so you can do both and at the same time. I call it a RTA but its as simple as a dripper. Flavor is awesome. Single coil and enough vapor.
If you like lung hits forget it. the draw is more like a kayfun.

Back in "the day" all you had to drip with was a 510 or 306 conventional atomizer LOL... it took 2 to 4, maybe 5 drops at a time!

Skauth

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Austin, Texas

It's an easy assumption to make, many do. But if you think about airflow is what makes clouds generally, and adding air in no way adds vapor..

Clouds are kind of misleading honestly.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Now that is interesting... I'd like to hear more of your experience and thoughts regarding juices in that context.

Lucky for me I guess, my tastes are kind of simple; i prefer fruit flavors and some creamy stuff.
I buy some vendor juices and DIY equally.
All my juices are mostly VG if not all VG (which has gotten a bad rap over the years; wrongly so imo).

Majority of what I vape are high vg fruit flavors, most of them don't shine in a KF either. They aren't bad, just not as good.

It almost seems as if they need more airflow to shine.

Every now and then I buy a pear flavor by Sirius, and it is terrible in a dripper, very harsh and synthetic. Tastes great in a KF though. Very sweet and realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread