RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
My experience was about the same - three washes and still can taste the machine oil. The metal feels like it is 303 SS and not high quality for sure. It's a good atty for sure, nothing ground breaking other than is actually available and isn't $100+.

My O-Atty provides better flavor IMHO, been vaping the same ejuice in both as well as identical builds - the O-Atty provides a dense sweet vape compared to the Hadaly.

Top flavor producer in my books is the Driftank. This think amazes me. I PRAY Hobo decides to make more some day.
That's weird, I may not like it much but I will say it was one of the cleanest rda's I've bought in a while. I really didn't have to soak it but I always do anyway cause I'm ocd. This isn't a must for this but an ultra sonic cleaner was one of the best things I've bought, not just for vape stuff but it cleans jewelry as well and other stuff. Mine was relatively cheap too. I'm on my third build so far, I've taken some hints and tips from what others have shown or said and I hate to say it but I don't see what everyone else does. It's nice but not earth shattering. I still prefer the Narda and that's all imo of course. I still need to try a "fancy" build before I can say I'm done.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Ya Sin it was seriously bad like the cheapest clone on fasttech bad all in all though its not a big deal as it washes out it just surprised me. Another thing I just noticed is that 2 of the 4 airholes were not machined all the way through properly. I tried knocking it out with a thin rod but its thick enough where I might have to dremel it 8( (it is not affecting the Vape as far as I can tell its just really getting my OCD revved up) also @RickCain I agree with you that the metal feels kind of meh....
Pulled the Alien out to try out a spaced 316l 26g 3mm id 10 wraps came out to a .6 and I'm running it in TC and I am getting a nice Vape but again just cements my feelings about the narda having better flavor with round wire builds.

Despite my QC issues and the machine oil I am happy with my purchase(regret buying the ultem cap though ) its got good flavor. It hasn't knocked my socks off but with a nice fused Clapton/mini alien I am getting a great Vape and I think that's where the Hadaly has performed the best for me.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
@Sed8op8 - I'm wondering if you got THE worst Hadaly in the first run. I wouldn't say the machining on mine is perfect or anything but aside from some marks in the bottom of the well I haven't noticed any major flaws in it. As I'm not a metallurgist I can't comment about the quality of the metal. It doesn't seem any different than my other "high end" attys. *shrug* I also get zero spitback and I don't even have the coil set super low. The Ultem cap... dunno. It feels exactly the same as every other Ultem cap I've had. No better no worse. The only issue is that my drip tip doesn't sit flush.

As far as the flavor and all that, not gonna touch that because tastes are so subjective. It's not my place to tell you "No! It's better than every other atty and you're wrong!" To me, it's on par with the NarDA for flavor but easier to build and more available. I'm done with trying for more NarDAs. I'm probably going to trade my NarDA.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Huh.
My airholes are perfect - and the air is really, to me, the best feature.
My comment about machining - the only "flaw" is the top INSIDE the cap isn't really polished...not that it matters...
I got the delrin cap - it's not especially tough, but not that different from an Odis delrin cap I have.
And the ultem tip - while nothing super-special, fits without gap. :)

blackwithultem.jpg

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
@Sed8op8 - I'm wondering if you got THE worst Hadaly in the first run. I wouldn't say the machining on mine is perfect or anything but aside from some marks in the bottom of the well I haven't noticed any major flaws in it. As I'm not a metallurgist I can't comment about the quality of the metal. It doesn't seem any different than my other "high end" attys. *shrug* I also get zero spitback and I don't even have the coil set super low. The Ultem cap... dunno. It feels exactly the same as every other Ultem cap I've had. No better no worse. The only issue is that my drip tip doesn't sit flush.

As far as the flavor and all that, not gonna touch that because tastes are so subjective. It's not my place to tell you "No! It's better than every other atty and you're wrong!" To me, it's on par with the NarDA for flavor but easier to build and more available. I'm done with trying for more NarDAs. I'm probably going to trade my NarDA.
I dont know as I said I am happy with it maybe I just expect to much from some of these hyped up pieces of gear. Comparing the Atty side by side to other attys of mine the metal does appear to be of a lower grade but maybe im comparing to 316 attys shrug. I mean it was $70 it wasnt crazy expensive but i do have fasttech clones with better machining and materials lol.... I guess my review upon rereading might have come out a bit negative because all and all i am enjoying the atomizer. Its squonking amd draining nicely with the right builds its performing very well im just not head over heels on the quality (at least the quality of my unit as others seem to have had better luck with there units) im still using it going on a couple days strong and i have had to fill my 10ml squonk bottle at least 3 times so I'm definitely enjoying it

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Huh.
My airholes are perfect - and the air is really, to me, the best feature.
My comment about machining - the only "flaw" is the top INSIDE the cap isn't really polished...not that it matters...
I got the delrin cap - it's not especially tough, but not that different from an Odis delrin cap I have.
And the ultem tip - while nothing super-special, fits without gap. :)

View attachment 608833
I wish I had gone with the black delerin cap because yours looks dope !!!

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
My roomie got his hadaly in and it was clean as a whistle which surprised us both as he was here when i first got mine and we tried it out together (he was actually the person that insisted i tear my build out the second time as he could still taste the machine oil very strongly) the fit and finish of his is visisbly nicer then mine and his airholes are both machined fully. The machining on the inside of his however is about the same as mine leading me to believe that's probably the norm (it is being mass produced in China after all) so it looks like i just got one that snuck by QC that being said it really hasn't impacted the Vape quality so no biggie.

I went ahead and tossed a 2x28gx40g ss316l Clapton in 8 wraps with a 3mm id ohming out to a .59 and I'm using in temp control on the Lost Vape Halcyon 420 f 28 watts and it's been a pretty damn Good Vape in TC suprisingly

Last edited:

snakedoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
New York
My roomie got his hadaly in and it was clean as a whistle which surprised us both as he was here when i first got mine and we tried it out together (he was actually the person that insisted i tear my build out the second time as he could still taste the machine oil very strongly) the fit and finish of his is visisbly nicer then mine and his airholes are both machined fully. The machining on the inside of his however is about the same as mine leading me to believe that's probably the norm (it is being mass produced in China after all) so it looks like i just got one that snuck by QC that being said it really hasn't impacted the Vape quality so no biggie.

I went ahead and tossed a 2x28gx40g ss316l Clapton in 8 wraps with a 3mm id ohming out to a .59 and I'm using in temp control on the Lost Vape Halcyon 420 f 28 watts and it's been a pretty damn Good Vape in TC suprisingly

I think 8 wraps 2x28gx40g ss316l Clapton (have the same build in mine) in this atty is 3 wraps too many. From my experience, having the length of the coil outside of the intake "zone" greatly diminishes vape quality.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
My Hadaly was clean as a whistle, didn't even wash it! Got it from Element Vapes.
I'm liking the hadaly but I have a few problems with it one it had a .... ton of machine oil and I had to pull 2 different builds because the taste wasn't gone yet after 2 washes and soaks in hot water with a touch of dish soap. 2nd they beveled the clamps too far. All they needed to do was bevel them a hit so your coil would poke under but on mine half the clamp is unusable because its beveled. 3rd this is a flavor wise comparison with the same round wire builds my narda has better flavor and less spitback ???? However I can fit beefier coils in the hadaly and that's where it shines I have a nice mini n80 alien in mine right now and I have to admit it is a decent vapes !!! All in all I am enjoying it however my ultem cap from psyclone feels so cheap and flimsy its not funny so I prefer the metal

Reactions: havok333

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I think 8 wraps 2x28gx40g ss316l Clapton (have the same build in mine) in this atty is 3 wraps too many. From my experience, having the length of the coil outside of the intake "zone" greatly diminishes vape quality.
I actually ended up dialing it back to 6 wraps as the coil legs weren't lining up straight due to coil length (they were diagonal under the clamps instead of straight if that makes sense) so it irked my ocd. I did however take my old coil and hold it up to the deck to see where it lined up with the airflow and it didn't seem to protrude past the airflow by a horrible amount. If your wrapping 2x28x40 fused you will know they are Extremely slender as far as fused Clapton's go. However your right especially with a small RDA with airflow like this a coil so large is going to really do nothing except throw extra heat

Reactions: snakedoc

Hank F. Spankman

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2013
New Jersey
not really a huge fan of bar/clamp style, as it has a tendency to stress one part of the plate where you are trapping the wire....

got my nar for over a year now without any sign of any parts giving out...

Glad I ordered clones, & not the authentic. Alas, if I could find an authentic Narda, I'd prolly snatch it up

Reactions: havok333
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread