The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Rda vs rba

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by MrsWood, Feb 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 93gc40

93gc40 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    California
    Clearomizer was replaced by the subohm atomizer or tank. Another marketing gimmick.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yup, exactly. They're still clearomizers to me. Also hate how people misuse "sub-ohm" to always mean high-wattage.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. MrsWood

MrsWood Senior Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Thank you all for the information and for the pictures as well! My new mod got here today(well new to me) my brother sent me his kbox mini and it came with an RBA tiny screwdriver two rebuilt coils and some cotton wicking! I haven't had much of a chance to check it out as of yet but will definitely be looking at it tomorrow as well as watching some YouTube!

• Like Like x 3
  4. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Clearomizer, to me, is another Confusing term. Because Most don't know where the term even came from. Or what it was describing.

This... was the 1st "Clearomizer". The Royal Smoker CE2.

[​IMG]

The CE2 evolved from the E2 which had a Metal Tube.

E2 Cartomizer Technical Discussion

And the term Clearomizer came out of this thread...

NEW RoyalSmokers C-E2 R4 Review, Tips, Info, Help, Video

Because just like the E2 was Mis-Branded as a "Cartomizer", which it wasn't, the CE2 was branded by Royal Smokers as a Cartomizer also. So like people started to call them Clearomizers.

Later, with the Release of the CE4...

[​IMG]

... a bottom coil CE2, the Term Clearomizer or "Clearo" became entrenched because OEM's started to call their Products Clearomizers also.

One of the Key Features of a Clearomizer was that it had a Clear Body, Duh... LOL. But also that it wasn't designed to be Rebuilt or have a Removable "Tank" for refilling.

So when the Next Wave of innovation came, Bigger Diameter Atomizers designed to be use with Coil Heads or a Rebuildable Decks with Removable Tank for Refilling, the term Clearomizer was pretty much Dropped.

And people started to call them Tanks or RTA's.

Anyway, most people Today have probably Never used (or even seen) a Clearomizer. So most of this is more just Tripping on Memory Lane.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey just wanted to give you a heads up. I also love a sweet tobacco vape and found a fabulous flavor for that. Nicotine river has purilum flavoring called sweet tobacco that you have to try. I’ve been diy my juice for several years now and this stuff is terrific. I mix it at 7% and add Inawera gold ducat at 3% but it just adds more tobacco so you can do what you want with that. When your ready to diy just keep that in mind and I get all my stuff from nicotine river so keep that in mind. Great prices on all the diy supplies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. MrsWood

MrsWood Senior Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Thank you! I do enjoy my tobacco flavors more so that almost any flavored ejuice I've tried. However, as I get further away from my smoking days and more into vaping, I'm finding that I do enjoy a few non-tobacco flavors! I switch up my juice quite a bit throughout the day and at some point always end up back on a tobacco flavor.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I've been a sub ohm MTL vaper for a long time. 10W to 13W is my heat range at .5 to .8 ohms. Airflow is what it takes to vape high wattage on a single coil or dual coil atomizer. If you can't get the airflow through the deck it's not going to stay cool enough to vape at 50, 100, or higher watts. It's also not going to produce those huge clouds that some vapers seem to crave.

.8 ohms on a good MTL tank is my favorite range.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.