Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
O.k. I really need some help. I took the device completely apart and cleaned all contacts and any juice off device. When I put it back together it will not fire the Kali V2 which has stayed on it,at all. I take the rda off put it on another device(squonk,mech,regulated) fires fine.

This mod has been my main device around the house for year-year and a half . I have since taken the mod apart several more times hoping I put it back together wrong but nothing at all,it refuses to fire anything atty.

I hope someone can help with this thanks for reading.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Check the center pin on the mod and make sure it's getting contact. That's where I would start and then work down from there.

Yes it's making contact . I have never had a mech device stop working on me before. Regulated,unregulated are my usual culprits that fail.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Maybe something in the switch? It's hard to tell but something is not making contact somewhere. Wish I could be more help than that.

Very well could be it's ultem with a silver plated spring and the contact is a copper slug threaded into the button. The slug screws in and out fine so far,I don't see the ultem cracking or melted and no cross threaded on the button. The spring is not showing signs of any weakening either. The only other pieces left are the famous screw that holds that battery in everyone hates and the copper strip connecting the 510 and button.

That strip is clean. This is really irritating when something that is "supposed to be" fool proof. It works well for a very long time and out of the blue one day,nope?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Watched the video and I put it back together the correct way.

I'm completely starting it down again and go over every piece to see if I missed something?
I know it's frustrating. I wish I could be more help. I had a mod that had those screwin caps on the bottom. I had a cap that I thought was going all the way in but it wasn't. I had to just slowly work the cap back and forth until it went in all the way. One of the threads had gotten messed up just a little. Could that be it?

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I know it's frustrating. I wish I could be more help. I had a mod that had those screwin caps on the bottom. I had a cap that I thought was going all the way in but it wasn't. I had to just slowly work the cap back and forth until it went in all the way. One of the threads had gotten messed up just a little. Could that be it?

Not from what I can see. The contact point is clean on it also,no arching.
I have the device completely apart and all the pieces are soaking in warm water over night. Hopefully tomorrow I can figure it out putting it together ?

Reactions: Don29palms

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Not from what I can see. The contact point is clean on it also,no arching.
I have the device completely apart and all the pieces are soaking in warm water over night. Hopefully tomorrow I can figure it out putting it together ?
Please let us know what happens. I want to get one of those mods MAYBE?

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Please let us know what happens. I want to get one of those mods MAYBE?

I got it firing again. You won't believe what happened,so simple it was not noticable. I had the copper slug that makes contact with battery,screwed too far into ultem button the contact had no throw to reach battery.

I had to get the mod upside down under a magnifying glass to see the that the contact was not coming far enough down. Vaping on it now and I feel better I got my house device back.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I got it firing again. You won't believe what happened,so simple it was not noticable. I had the copper slug that makes contact with battery,screwed too far into ultem button the contact had no throw to reach battery.

I had to get the mod upside down under a magnifying glass to see the that the contact was not coming far enough down. Vaping on it now and I feel better I got my house device back.
Glad to hear that. It's always something simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread