Best single battery squonk mod <$100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmonday

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Carmel, California
I started squonking a year and a half ago. At the time I ordered the Pico Squeeze and Coppervape based on recommendations from this forum. The Pico Squeeze died about 6 months ago, it would continue firing even when my finger was off the trigger and I had to take out the battery to stop it. It went in the trash soon after. The Coppervape has been very hit or miss since I bought it. Recently it has gotten much worse and only fires very rarely when I hit the trigger. I have tried everything, I replaced all the internal parts with my backup kit, cleaned everything multiple times, adjusted everything etc. No luck.

So now I'm back to using my old regulated mods and mech mods. I don't really cloud chase or vape at high wattage anymore so I've been gravitating toward my single battery regulated mods. However, I do miss the convenience of squonking, so I've decided to look into single battery regulated squonk mods. All I currently have is a bunch of 18650s but I don't mind ordering some of the new larger batteries. That said, the smaller the mod the better. My local vape shop recommended the Vandy Vape Pulse 80w but I want to ask the community if there is anything else I should be looking at or if there is anything coming out in the near future I should wait for?

Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
There's Lost Vape Therion DNA75c at close to $100 (slightly over or slightly under depending on where you look and luck), together with a firmware upgrade via escripe that'd get you the most recent software (if you enjoy TC) and Replay mode (dubbed "ez TC" by some but I think it's a bit more than that).

Edit:
nvm, bombastinator is right, the only ones I could find that are actually in stock are the higher priced ones...

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There's Lost Vape Therion DNA75c at close to $100 (slightly over or slightly under depending on where you look and luck), together with a firmware upgrade via escripe that'd get you the most recent software (if you enjoy TC) and Replay mode (dubbed "ez TC" by some but I think it's a bit more than that).
IF you can find one anyway.

mrmonday

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Carmel, California
The very best I know of is the lostvape therion bf 75C. Good luck finding one though I’ve been trying to get my hands in one for over a month

Edit:
nvm, bombastinator is right, the only ones I could find that are actually in stock are the higher priced ones...
Interesting I thought it was priced at $150. So you're saying retail is actually around $100 but websites are inflating the price? That's a shame I really like that mod

• Optimistic

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I started squonking a year and a half ago. At the time I ordered the Pico Squeeze and Coppervape based on recommendations from this forum. The Pico Squeeze died about 6 months ago, it would continue firing even when my finger was off the trigger and I had to take out the battery to stop it. It went in the trash soon after. The Coppervape has been very hit or miss since I bought it. Recently it has gotten much worse and only fires very rarely when I hit the trigger. I have tried everything, I replaced all the internal parts with my backup kit, cleaned everything multiple times, adjusted everything etc. No luck.

So now I'm back to using my old regulated mods and mech mods. I don't really cloud chase or vape at high wattage anymore so I've been gravitating toward my single battery regulated mods. However, I do miss the convenience of squonking, so I've decided to look into single battery regulated squonk mods. All I currently have is a bunch of 18650s but I don't mind ordering some of the new larger batteries. That said, the smaller the mod the better. My local vape shop recommended the Vandy Vape Pulse 80w but I want to ask the community if there is anything else I should be looking at or if there is anything coming out in the near future I should wait for?
i would advice u other mod, Hotcig RSQ ? Pico Sq 2 ? Aurora ? look pretty solid ...

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Yeah, just checked, doesn't look good.
My Therions have been sitting on the vape shelf since I got the Pulse.

If I had to compare the two, yes, the Therion BF is a much nicer mod. Higher end, well-built, nice bottle system, and the DNA75C chipset. My main complaint (after using 20700 and 21700 mods) is the battery life isn't that great, and the battery is a PITA to change in the Therion. Replacement bottle are expensive and hard to find outside of FT.

The Pulse 80w is more a 'for the masses' type of mod. Inexpensive, light, great bottle system, takes 20700 batteries. It just checks all of the boxes for me. Everything else has been sitting idle for the most part.

If you're looking for a nice, inexpensive mod, the Pulse is a good choice currently.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
How do these compare to the Pulse? They seem pretty similar, although the Inbox does have a DNA chip.
They are all great mods. If you are looking for the smallest option, the RSQ will beat pretty much anything right now. Limited to 18650 though.

The Inbox does have the DNA 75, but I haven't used the Inbox since getting the RSQ. The HM chip in the RSQ is good as well.

Since getting the Pulse, I haven't used any of them, lol. That's just me though, I might be biased here because I'm a Pulse fanboy for sure. See what others suggest.

• Useful

mrmonday

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Carmel, California

If I had to compare the two, yes, the Therion BF is a much nicer mod. Higher end, well-built, nice bottle system, and the DNA75C chipset. My main complaint (after using 20700 and 21700 mods) is the battery life isn't that great, and the battery is a PITA to change in the Therion. Replacement bottle are expensive and hard to find outside of FT.

The Pulse 80w is more a 'for the masses' type of mod. Inexpensive, light, great bottle system, takes 20700 batteries. It just checks all of the boxes for me. Everything else has been sitting idle for the most part.

If you're looking for a nice, inexpensive mod, the Pulse is a good choice currently.

They are all great mods. If you are looking for the smallest option, the RSQ will beat pretty much anything right now. Limited to 18650 though.

The Inbox does have the DNA 75, but I haven't used the Inbox since getting the RSQ. The HM chip in the RSQ is good as well.

Since getting the Pulse, I haven't used any of them, lol. That's just me though, I might be biased here because I'm a Pulse fanboy for sure. See what others suggest.
This is great feedback, I'm not a chip snob, I don't need TC, I just need something that works and is reliable. Are there any good regulated mods under $100 that fit a single 21700? Looks like I'll be ordering some new batteries, something I needed to do anyway. Thanks for your help!

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Oh wait, there's also the new pico squonker, fully regulated (unlike No 1) and full metal casing, takes 21700. Might not be on the market yet.
Coming Soon: Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 Squonk Kit

Though admittedly with your recent bad experience with the first version it'd be a leap of faith...
So you're saying retail is actually around $100 but websites are inflating the price?
Nah, the $100 are special offers exclusively, the normal price is around $120-$135. Some sites are indeed inflating the price (one shop in Germany has it for 150€... they'll sit on that for a while).

• Useful

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
What is your vaping style (how many watts)?

I use the Sanyo 20700B in the Pulse (only a 15A battery, but I stay under 30w usually). It's a 4000maH battery, hard to beat. The Sanyo 20700A will soon be beat by the Sanyo 2070C which is 3500maH, 35A battery if you need higher output. You're approaching 21700 capabilities there.

So I'm currently (haha - get it), happy with the 20700 platform.

Single battery 21700 mods:

1) Aurora, just released. Some folks are posting on it now. Takes 18650, 20700, 21700 (and apparently 20650). Looks like it will be a winner, but might want to wait for more feedback.
2) Desire Cut - I'm a big fan of this personally. I use this and my Pulse for the most part. The Cut is a heavy mod, great for me form factor (I'm left handed). Seems like a good chip, hits fast and hard.

Not sure what others are currently available?

• Useful

mrmonday

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Carmel, California
Oh wait, there's also the new pico squonker, fully regulated (unlike No 1) and full metal casing, takes 21700. Might not be on the market yet.
Coming Soon: Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 Squonk Kit

Though admittedly with your recent bad experience with the first version it'd be a leap of faith...

Nah, the $100 are special offers exclusively, the normal price is around $120-$135. Some sites are indeed inflating the price (one shop in Germany has it for 150€... they'll sit on that for a while).
I don't really trust Eleaf anymore unfortunately, but that form factor is very tempting. Lowest I could find the Therion BF 75c is $110 Lost Vape Therion BF DNA75C Squonker Box Mod
What is your vaping style (how many watts)?

I use the Sanyo 20700B in the Pulse (only a 15A battery, but I stay under 30w usually). It's a 4000maH battery, hard to beat. The Sanyo 20700A will soon be beat by the Sanyo 2070C which is 3500maH, 35A battery if you need higher output. You're approaching 21700 capabilities there.

So I'm currently (haha - get it), happy with the 20700 platform.

Single battery 21700 mods:

1) Aurora, just released. Some folks are posting on it now. Takes 18650, 20700, 21700 (and apparently 20650). Looks like it will be a winner, but might want to wait for more feedback.
2) Desire Cut - I'm a big fan of this personally. I use this and my Pulse for the most part. The Cut is a heavy mod, great for me form factor (I'm left handed). Seems like a good chip, hits fast and hard.

Not sure what others are currently available?
I vape anywhere between 35-45w typically. More battery life without having to go up to a dual battery mod would be nice. The Aurora looks okay, but I can't stand all the wasted space, they definitely could have fit a bigger bottle in there and still made it shorter. The desire cut looks very nice I will have to read some reviews on that.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Interesting I thought it was priced at $150. So you're saying retail is actually around $100 but websites are inflating the price? That's a shame I really like that mod
Not exactly. The SRP was $150 but people were selling them t for ~$100. Everything is out of stock though. For some idiotic reason they refused to release the replay software for it which was the killer app for the mod until they discontinued it. Now that they have the replay software out everyone wants one and no one can get one . It’s stupid.

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

(Edited,not permitted)

Last edited by a moderator:

mrmonday

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2014
Carmel, California
Not exactly. The SRP was $150 but people were selling them t for ~$100. Everything is out of stock though. For some idiotic reason they refused to release the replay software for it which was the killer app for the mod until they discontinued it. Now that they have the replay software out everyone wants one and no one can get one . It’s stupid.
Lowest I could find is $110 but I want the wood insert. Maybe I should reconsider TC. It never worked very well for me.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Best squonkers for under $100? That's easy....but it'll take a little effort on your part.
rps20180211_122906.jpg

Google 'Little Orca enclosures'. That will take you to Ecwid...they have the boxes, doors and buttons. 18650 or 20700, 21700 whatever you want. Even DNA ready enclosures. They're milled delrin and run less than $50. Then get a few modmaker bf 510s . Broscience usually has those for a USA option. $6 or so for the 510. Amazon for a sheet of #10 beryllium copper. And use whatever bottles you want....I like the ft 10 pack for $6. All in, you're well under $100 and you have a mod that'll outlive you. 510 problem? Throw in a new one. Contact problems? Cut and bend a new set... It's very easy and performance wise, it's spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread