Ready To Vape 0mg help

Status
Not open for further replies.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Hi All,

So I went and bought some premade liquid today as I’m getting frustrated with my DIY efforts at the moment, more about finding a good ADV flavour, what I thought would be safe choices have proved disappointing.

Anyway, stupid me (quite literally stupid me) bought 2x 30mL of Ready To vape instead of Doubler, so it’s at 0mg which is great for trying flavours but no nicotine.....nuff said.

The mix in the bottle is 65/35 VG/PG and I was thinking of using a bit then topping up with PG Nicotine to get it to the required level.

So my question is - aside from dulling the flavour a bit will it cause any problems? I mean big picture if it dilutes the flavours a bit I’m not too worried - it was really more an experiment to see if I can find a flavour genre that I can enjoy as an ADV (finding the ever elusive “old faithful” of flavours) and if I can accomplish that then *relief intensifies*

Speaking of that - where do people go for recipes? I’ve stumbled on a reddit page but that had more concentrate %% rather than recipes.

Any help is hugely appreciated so thanks in advance.

Escapetovape.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
I don’t see flavor dilution being a huge problem here or any problems for that matter. Thanks to @Marc411 check this out...
Lots of great info including recipes!

Thank you so much...I should be pretty much sorted with that. And thank you @Marc411 as well for the guide.

I honestly didn’t think it would be much more than flavour dilution. Only thing I could think of was that I’d incorrectly estimate the remaining liquid in the bottle and over dose the amount of nicotine.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Thank you so much...I should be pretty much sorted with that. And thank you @Marc411 as well for the guide.

I honestly didn’t think it would be much more than flavour dilution. Only thing I could think of was that I’d incorrectly estimate the remaining liquid in the bottle and over dose the amount of nicotine.
Do you have any sort of measuring devices such as a beaker or kitchen measuring cups, scales, etc? If not, no worries. Maybe not exact measurement, but you can eyeball it by using a bottle you know the size of. Example: You know a bottle has 30ml volume when filled to the neck base. Fill said bottle this way, as many times as necessary, and you’ll then have a pretty close estimation of your total remaining volume. Of course you’ll need another bottle to pour into, if you have more than enough to fill your “measure bottle” once. If you have half or a quarter of a bottle or whatever at the end, you can use those numbers to get as close as possible. If you can figure out your volume, you can use a juice calculator to figure out the nicotine. If you need help, just bring your info back here... volume of zero nic juice, strength of your nicotine & desired nic strength. We’ll see if we can help you.

Last edited:

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Do you have any sort of measuring devices such as a beaker or kitchen measuring cups, scales, etc? If not, no worries. Maybe not exact measurement, but you can eyeball it by using a bottle you know the size of. Example: You know a bottle has 30ml volume when filled to the neck base. Fill said bottle this way, as many times as necessary, and you’ll then have a pretty close estimation of your total remaining volume. Of course you’ll need another bottle to pour into, if you have more than enough to fill your “measure bottle” once. If you have half or a quarter of a bottle or whatever at the end, you can use those numbers to get as close as possible. If you can figure out your volume, you can use a juice calculator to figure out the nicotine. If you need help, just bring your info back here... volume of zero nic juice, strength of your nicotine & desired nic strength. We’ll see if we can help you.

I have measuring syringes and basically got 6mL which was over an above what it would need to be 18mg/mL and measured out how much, minus minuscus, went in. Best guess is I have between 10-12mg/mL strength and the flavour hasn’t mulled too much. But I haven’t let it steep.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
What is "doubler"? I posted in the New Members Forum about all the terms used by vapers. I got a lot of terms explained, but I don't recall 'doubler'.

As far we call it here the doubler is made extra concentrated so you add your own Nic and VG and pg into the mix to get the desired strength. But instead of buying a 30mL bottle with 0 Nic like I did you get 15mL then top up

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU

If I had a bottle empty I would have offset the bottle weight to get the fluid level, but as it’s a new brand (for me) it’s unknown until I finish.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I have measuring syringes and basically got 6mL which was over an above what it would need to be 18mg/mL and measured out how much, minus minuscus, went in. Best guess is I have between 10-12mg/mL strength and the flavour hasn’t mulled too much. But I haven’t let it steep.
I’m just a bit confused. I think you already mixed the nicotine in? So you don’t need help determining any volumes, right? If I’m wrong and you still have questions, please ask away and I’ll see if I can help:)

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
I’m just a bit confused. I think you already mixed the nicotine in? So you don’t need help determining any volumes, right? If I’m wrong and you still have questions, please ask away and I’ll see if I can help:)

Oh I mixed in the nic, like I said it was more was there anything risk related. Or if it would screw the juice completely. Who knows.....THIS GUY DOES....now. :p

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Percentages ARE recipes. They are universal regardless of quantities made.

It's like giving a basic biscuit recipe in ratios (ratio of flour to fat to liquid) the ratio never changes regardless of the amount you make; all base recipes are given in ratios in baking - 3 parts flour to two parts liquid to one part fat is universal.

Same with ejuice, a percentage is just the percentage of the total recipe that, that flavoring makes up. It will never change whether you make 15ml or 240ml..

You just need a calculator to decipher how many ml that percentage works out to given the amount you want to make, and there are TONS of ejuice calculators out there..

E-Liquid Calculator - Best DIY Vape eJuice Calculator

^^ that's a start for you.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If you purchased it locally - you can buy more of that flavor in a higher than usual nic level and mix them if you do not want to dilute the flavor. I mix premade at different levels all the time and I also have a small bottle of nic juice in vg base that I use to tweak the nic content.
If he uses higher maybe not in some countries.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
If he uses higher maybe not in some countries.
True - the doublers as far as I knew are double the flavor that were designed to be cut with premixed nic solution. I guess the op could still buy a doubler and mix it with the ready-made and then cut/doctor that up with nic solution so I won't be too diluted - a semi diy.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
So, I’m wondering if “doublers” are, or comparable to, one shots sold in two (2 steps) bottles. 1 being the base and the other the flavoring.

Not really, it’s a half-filled bottle with a double concentration of flavouring. The idea being is you top up with nicotine and whatever PG/VG to get it to the ratio you require. Less messy by keeping it in the one bottle.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Not really, it’s a half-filled bottle with a double concentration of flavouring. The idea being is you top up with nicotine and whatever PG/VG to get it to the ratio you require. Less messy by keeping it in the one bottle.
Perfect description! I googled it out of curiosity...
ejuice doublers

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    If you increase the PG, it carries flavor better, but especially bitter flavors. So the flavor will change some but the total taste could increase. I currently use Puffcake diluted, between wanting to reduce flavor and increasing PG from 30/70 to 50/50 I'm using approx. 1 part ejuice, 6 parts dilutant. I don't like the flavor as much, but there's plenty of it.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    Brisbane, AU
    If you increase the PG, it carries flavor better, but especially bitter flavors. So the flavor will change some but the total taste could increase. I currently use Puffcake diluted, between wanting to reduce flavor and increasing PG from 30/70 to 50/50 I'm using approx. 1 part ejuice, 6 parts dilutant. I don't like the flavor as much, but there's plenty of it.

That’s actually bringing up a question I just realised regarding juice flavours. Using TFA flavours like blackcurrant or gummy bear has been a really bad experience (harsh, and in the case of gummy bear I had to chain vape before It tasted even remotely like gummy bear) as my original idea was that pg was bad for flavouring so I would run at 70/30 VG/PG to (what I would assume) would smooth out the harshness caused by the PG. then when I tried out the 0mg Nic flavours they were at 65/55 VG/PG and smooth as butter.

So one of the things I was told was that sweetener makes the juice more palatable, which would explain why a 65/55 would seem smoother than my 70/30 and why a 50/50 (not sweet at all) was just like what I imagine inhaling sandpaper would be like.

Is sweetener really a game changer as far as mixing your own juice? I get that opinions are varied but based on what I just described it makes what I thought I knew about the whole VG/PG ratios to be almost redundant as far as flavours.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I seldom use sweetener and most of my juices have little if any th. I mix max vg/dw 6%,my only pg comes from flavors. My flavor percentage runs from 15-5%. I also mix with nic salts to reduce th. I would guess that some sweetener or EM would smooth some, but pg is the most likely culprit and of course nic quality.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread