real difference between singles vs duals at same ohms??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I was a happy vaper with single coils at the .7 range then got into duals and loved it and was on the .4-.6 range using 26 and 28g but I recently got some 24g and to keep my resistance in check as I mostly use 18490s I went again with a single coil at the .4-.5 range and I've discovered that for me it produces a much more intense vape, more flavor and vapor than a dual at the same ohms,
so this is my analogy, correct me and educate me if I'm wrong...

setup A dual .5ohms is like vaping 2 mods at 1ohm at the same time while (each coil gets 17.6W of power)
setup B is like vaping a single mod at .5 (the coil is getting 35.3W of power)

so setup a offers a "mellower vape but double the size" while setup B gives a much more intense vape. on setup A you will still vaporize the same amount of juice but not at the higher temperatures of a single.

For me I think those higher temps and power are more satisfying than the double.

what do you guys think???

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
You're correct in your analysis that a dual coil setup will split the wattage 1/2 to each coil, assuming the same total resistance and the same voltage applied. A dual coil setup will perform differently if your mod is capable of increasing the total wattage.

That is if you are vaping at 8 watts on a single coil and build a dual coil of the same total resistance, you would need to apply sufficient voltage to produce 16 watts total to produce the same effect on each coil. And feed it juice at double the total rate, 1/2 to each coil.

Personally I prefer a single coil, easier to build and produces more than enough vapor and flavor. Dual's are fun to play with once in a while but not my main vape for sure.

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I love the simplicity of single coil builds. I like the wick coverage of duals. This is why i LOVE parallel(side-by-side) builds. I like using smaller gauge wire for reasons i won't get into lol. So single coils are out of the picture.

4 wraps of 30g for 1ohm, or dual 8wraps for the same 1ohm but with 4x the wick coverage.
JjqCU7.jpg

I almost exclusively run parallels now in single, or dual mode in my TOBH.

sig-153231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread