Real fruits in juices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

May 6, 2022
Atlanta
So I have really bad allergies (throat closing up and not being able to breathe) to specific fruits like apples and pineapples. I was wondering if you guys know, are juice flavors that have pineapple or apples in the names from the actual fruits? Like are there real extracts or anything from apples in an apple flavored juice or is it just made to taste that way? I really want to try some apple and pineapple flavored ones out there but don't know if they're real or not.

Reactions: Chiisaiinu

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,

IMO, 99% of the flavors we use are synthetic.
Please consult your allergist about any flavors you may consider using.

Are you allergic to the proteins in the apple or sensitive to it's pollen?
Are you able to eat apple flavored candy or cooked apple products?

Cheers
I

Chiisaiinu

• Apr 20, 2022
    Tacoma, WA USA
    So I have really bad allergies (throat closing up and not being able to breathe) to specific fruits like apples and pineapples. I was wondering if you guys know, are juice flavors that have pineapple or apples in the names from the actual fruits? Like are there real extracts or anything from apples in an apple flavored juice or is it just made to taste that way? I really want to try some apple and pineapple flavored ones out there but don't know if they're real or not.
    By law any company in the US or importing into the US has to keep an MSDS on their products. If your not familiar think of it as "How safe is this, whats in it?" handbook. If you have specific flavors you were looking at you could look at the actual manufacturer website and see if its listed, or simply email them. explain your situation and request an MSDS. MSDS are federally protected and thus 99.8% of companies wont "doctor" them.

Slevin

May 6, 2022
    Atlanta
    By law any company in the US or importing into the US has to keep an MSDS on their products. If your not familiar think of it as "How safe is this, whats in it?" handbook. If you have specific flavors you were looking at you could look at the actual manufacturer website and see if its listed, or simply email them. explain your situation and request an MSDS. MSDS are federally protected and thus 99.8% of companies wont "doctor" them.

That's some useful info right there thanks so much I'll definitely do that then!

Slevin

May 6, 2022
    Atlanta
    Hi and welcome,

IMO, 99% of the flavors we use are synthetic.
    Please consult your allergist about any flavors you may consider using.

Are you allergic to the proteins in the apple or sensitive to it's pollen?
    Are you able to eat apple flavored candy or cooked apple products?

Cheers
    I
    I definitely can't eat it even when it's cooked but apple flavored candy I never even bothered after my first allergic reaction when I was younger. I have no idea if it's the proteins or the pollen but I'm guessing it could be the pollen since I live in Georgia and there's crazy amounts of pollen here in the beginning of spring and I have allergies to it

Adoptedtexan

May 18, 2022
    I thought msds was only for hazardous substances?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Chiisaiinu

• Apr 20, 2022
    Tacoma, WA USA
    I thought msds was only for hazardous substances?
    SDS(formerly MSDS) sheets have to be made for anything that you may encounter. On a jobsite everything is a potential hazard. You can find SDS on non potable water for goodness sakes. If nothing else, if john doe picks up a bottle of flavoring he doesnt know if its flammable, eye irratant ect. So an SDS chart would provide any information that may be cause for concern. Or in some cases explain the material is inert in almost every form and poses no serious threats.

Chiisaiinu

• Apr 20, 2022
    Tacoma, WA USA
    for reference here is the SDS chart on TFA/TPA pineapple since you mentioned that flavor specifically
    https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/msds/17360.pdf

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain

Adoptedtexan

May 18, 2022

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @Slevin if you are looking for very high quality accurate flavors... have a look at the Medicine Flower line of water soluble flavors.

You want to look at the MF Premium Flavor Line and the Silver Flavor Line. You do not want the Gold Flavor Line (oil based).

MF flavors are organic, no sugars or calories, and are wheat- and gluten-free. They are cold-processed using extraction without the use of any colorants, fillers, diluting agents or preservatives.

They are obtained through a proprietary technology conducted at temps below 118 degrees F. The process comprises a multi-stage extraction encompassing initial desiccation, lyophilization, CO2 and HFC extraction.

Medicine Flower flavors are derived from the actual flavor on the bottle (ex: banana is CO2 extracted). 100% genuine flavor extracts.

They are not cheap compared to other flavors. However a bottle of MF flavoring will last a good long time because you are not using as much as you would with any of the other flavors commonly used in DIY.

Their flavors are super ultra concentrated. Meaning you only need to use a tiny amount for bold flavor. In a 30ml mix it is normal to use 1-3 drops (all depends on which flavor).

Generally... a few drops of a MF flavor equals up to a teaspoon of others. That's 30-70 times higher potency versus the majority of other flavors.

MF flavors are very accurate tasting. Example: MF strawberry tastes like a freshly picked California strawberry.

There are a few of us using MF flavors for DIY.

Good luck in your flavor(s) search. :)

Mediocre00Rebel

ECF Veteran
    Mar 23, 2022
    I definitely can't eat it even when it's cooked but apple flavored candy I never even bothered after my first allergic reaction when I was younger. I have no idea if it's the proteins or the pollen but I'm guessing it could be the pollen since I live in Georgia and there's crazy amounts of pollen here in the beginning of spring and I have allergies to it
    Omg. I lived in ga for a while. ill never forget the thick layers of yellow dust those pine trees leave on EVERYTHING.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread