May 9, 2009
S. Indiana

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Thanks for the tip, jayscott ! :D

I ordered 20 at $0.69 each, that's about an 86 percent discount, not bad at all ... :thumbs:

Had about 20 attys in my rotation, rebuilt with stainless steel wicks, and cleaned and dry burned many times. But the coils are over a year old, they won't last forever. I recently popped in a brand new one from my travel kit and was surprised at the difference in performance. Its time to retire the older coils, I suppose they just build up more resistance with use ...

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I also ordered 30 and 4 batteries plus cones. There were roughly 400 in stock when I ordered mine and I seriously considered ordering a hundred or two. Even at .99 they're still a great price. If there's any left next paycheck I may double down.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. But I started wondering if we would still have heads and not be able to buy batteries anymore??:blush:

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Thanks for the tip, jayscott ! :D

I ordered 20 at $0.69 each, that's about an 86 percent discount, not bad at all ... :thumbs:

Had about 20 attys in my rotation, rebuilt with stainless steel wicks, and cleaned and dry burned many times. But the coils are over a year old, they won't last forever. I recently popped in a brand new one from my travel kit and was surprised at the difference in performance. Its time to retire the older coils, I suppose they just build up more resistance with use ...

Yeah, I was due for a cleaning of mine and notice on a dry burn, they were really slow to heat up. I figured they were shot but not really dead. This deal makes that decision super easy!!:D

Last edited:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Yeah, I was do for a cleaning of mine and notice on a dry burn, they were really slow to heat up. I figured they were shot but not really dead. This deal makes that decision super easy!!:D

I bought a couple of eCabs last year but never liked them much, too much air, not enough vapor for my taste ... :confused:

So I started using them to dry burn the Type A attys, I can clearly see the coil while its lit up in the eCab, and can control the duration of the burn with the button ...

Now that you mention it, the older coils are very slow to heat up, and don't burn as hot as newer ones. At some point, I should probably just discard them ...

I plan to convert my 20 new attys with stainless steel wicks, using all of the tricks I've learned in this forum, and get back to top performance from both my eRolls and Elips units ...

By the way, I love the Elips as much as the eRoll, but I fear its days are numbered. Almost no one is stocking them anymore, and Joytech wants $30 each for the replacement batteries (ouch) ... :shock:

EDIT: If anyone does search for Elips batteries, I appreciate the effort, but most that I've found are "First Generation" that used a different atomizer, not the Type A, and much more expensive. They look exactly the same in a photo, I've been burned twice ... :(

Last edited:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
rico, I dry burn mine loose with wires from a battery box. I's much easier. I used electrical tape to cover the wire I hold to the shell because it gets hot.

I should do something similar, dry burning with the eCab is awkward. The cone has to be screwed down each time to get a good connection, and the coil is deep inside the cone, not so great for viewing the burn to see when its clean. Then the atty shell usually gets stuck in the cone by expansion ...

I do this often enough that building some kind of fixture would be worthwhile ...

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I should do something similar, dry burning with the eCab is awkward. The cone has to be screwed down each time to get a good connection, and the coil is deep inside the cone, not so great for viewing the burn to see when its clean. Then the atty shell usually gets stuck in the cone by expansion ...

I do this often enough that building some kind of fixture would be worthwhile ...

I had the same hassle doing them on my ego. I use an old 14500 battery. I keep meaning to attach and shape an alligator clip to the wire to hold the shell, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I received my 30 atties earlier today. Legit Joyetech brand. Ordered 30 more...

I thought about that, but I don't think I've bought 30 since I got the ego-C and eroll. 2+ years? And I still have about 15 used ones. It is tempting though. Did you see the 7 ml freebie on their site? You have to select a flavor and add it to your cart.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
They ARE airy, but tanks hold 2ml. That was kinda nice. And the ability to use separate batteries is nice.

Ordered 20 attys on Monday, still waiting ... :blink:

I liked everything about the eCab except the draw ... :(

Maybe its the tank design ?

Has anyone found a way to modify the eCab tank to improve the vapor to air ratio ?

apologies for going a bit off-topic ...
:oops:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Got my 20 new attys on Monday. They are indeed genuine Joytech, and much better quality than the cheap knock-offs I bought earlier this year. You can see that the coil and bobbin are straight, and the solder joints are tight. Some of the "no-name" Type A attys that I bought before had the gold contact off center, bent coils, and loose wicks ... :(

I only opened one of the new attys to peek inside, will use them with the stock wicks until the first time they burn. So far I've been vaping steadily in both the eRoll and Elips, good draw and great vapor. Will probably still re-wick with stainless steel the first time I have to clean them ...

This deal has set me up for atomizers for at least a year ...

Thanks again to jayscott for the tip ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread