Status
Not open for further replies.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Found the same thing on one of the four packs of attys I got on sale from Vaporbank ...

A thick green residue that stained the coil chambers and saturated the wicks. I'm guessing its possibly a lubricant or release agent from the machinery used for assembly ?

Not worried about the wicks, as I always replace them immediately with stainless steel. But the coils require a thorough scrubbing after soaking in alcohol, and the gold plate on the bottom contact is eroded ...

They are useable, and seem to vape OK, but its disappointing that these attys were packaged and sold in this condition ... :(

Yeah, I was disappointed too, but they were what? 0.39 or 0.60 ea? Still a good deal.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I found that the gold contact area on the bottom was only discolored, not actually eroded. A light buffing with fine emery cloth made them as good as new ... :)

You're right, at that price its worth a little time to clean them up. Using them now and they vape just fine ... :D

I too, got some of those old atties from vaporbank in that sale. It was just 1 pack out of the 4 I bought, and they repalced them for me with good ones.

I've gotten old ones like that before elswhere, and I did like you did but with a metal file. That got rid of the corrosion on the bottom, but somewhat scratched them up. The resistance tested about 2.65 ohms on a couple, maybe because of my butcher job on them, and the others I could't get to make a reliable connection.

The two I got working not only were too high resistance for good vaping, but also had a bit of a bad taste, I think because of corrosion that was inside of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread