Really considering the eVic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejena

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Seattle, WA
And wanted some advice from you guys. I'm a fairly new vapor, that pretty much has only been using the Halo Triton. I've got a decent sized commission check due to arrive soon, and I've been wanting to upgrade my device. I've been checking out several devices, and eVic is the one of the main ones I keep going back to :oops:

With the eVic, do you feel comfortable carrying it around with you on small errands?

Do you prefer a spare battery that is smaller so you can use the smaller battery tube?

What tanks do you enjoy with the eVic?

What pro's/con's can you give?

Thanks guys!

P.S. right now I'm looking at this one to pick up KokoVapes.com - Ovale eVic

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
And wanted some advice from you guys. I'm a fairly new vapor, that pretty much has only been using the Halo Triton. I've got a decent sized commission check due to arrive soon, and I've been wanting to upgrade my device. I've been checking out several devices, and eVic is the one of the main ones I keep going back to :oops:

With the eVic, do you feel comfortable carrying it around with you on small errands?

No, the head is way big and I prefer to take smaller mechs around with me, K100, Bolt, ChiChi are always taken when I am out and about... maybe some others.

Do you prefer a spare battery that is smaller so you can use the smaller battery tube?

Even with a 18350 tube, the eVic head makes it a bigger mod

What tanks do you enjoy with the eVic?

I used to use Valley View Vapes pyrex or polypro Boge carto tanks with it. If I remember correctly EVERYTHING worked well with it, from the lowly CE4 to the monster RBAs

What pro's/con's can you give?

I prefer smaller mods, mechs are favorites because I like to hold in the button for long drawn out toots. I can't do this wih the eVic because I always used to mess up the menu, or cut it off, or something irritating LOL Also, there was sooooooooooo much stuff to do with it! OMG! Too much for me!

Thanks guys!

P.S. right now I'm looking at this one to pick up KokoVapes.com - Ovale eVic

Now, in closing, is the eVic a good mod as far as I am concerned? YES!!! I've never had any problems with it, it worked when I used it, dropped it and didn't break in pieces or mess up the face, but it's just not what I needed =]

If you get one, I hope you really enjoy it! Uhhhhhh, I will say that I did get different heads and various colored 18350 tubes for it =] Those I like to use with CE4s and juices that is high in citrus =] I vaped with one of those last night =]

Last edited:

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
I really like my eVic, have two 18650 batteries (2600 and 3400 mah), and 3 18350 (800 mah) with a short tube. I use the long tube at home and in the car sometimes on longer drives, the short tube out and about. I use Kanger T3's and PT 2's with mine. No problems with mine, ever.

I got mine about $30 cheaper, btw, shop around.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
The very first eVics, both Ovale and Joyetech, had heads that would fall off tearing out the wiring. Subsequently, Joyetech brought out a new head design with two screws holding it on. An Ovale sold today may be one of the originals.

I'd carry an eGo/EVOD on errands before I would my eVic. It's too big and just not up to REO (which I own) or Provari (which I don't) ruggedness.

I bought the lighter-duty eVic for home use (not big on being seen sucking on a dildo in public) and have successfully used cartos/tanks, disposable attys, and ProTanks (original design with o-rings) on it. I bought two more of the Samsung pink batteries for it. All have performed well.

I bought my eVic for $59.95 plus shipping. I've heard of pricing near that for Joyetech eVics here recently. Rather than pay much more for it you might consider saving the money (especially near $100) toward something more substantial. YMMV

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
If only my Provari had my eVic's interface, I'd be completely satisfied... I guess that's why I'm doing my iwn DNA 20 mod... I can't rival Provari's workmanship and ruggedness though...

Out of the two, the one I'm most comfortable using is the eVic, the one that I think is the powerhouse is my Provari...

eVic cannot do 6V or 15W, but the interface is still the best IMO... Other mods can try to display the things eVic does, but it's buried in another screen or it's hokey (Kamry comes to mind)...

Unless you're planning to take the eVic out on the Safari or adventure, I wouldn't recommend it... For me, I'm stuck in a suburbia world mostly, work in an office, so my eVic isn't gonna see some rough handling other than my own clumsy hands...

dejena

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Seattle, WA
Now, in closing, is the eVic a good mod as far as I am concerned? YES!!! I've never had any problems with it, it worked when I used it, dropped it and didn't break in pieces or mess up the face, but it's just not what I needed =]

Thanks! Yeah, I've been thinking that I would keep using my halo triton for out and about errands. But all the stuff on it seems to appease the tech gadget freak in me.

I really like my eVic, have two 18650 batteries (2600 and 3400 mah), and 3 18350 (800 mah) with a short tube. I use the long tube at home and in the car sometimes on longer drives, the short tube out and about. I use Kanger T3's and PT 2's with mine. No problems with mine, ever.

I got mine about $30 cheaper, btw, shop around.

Good to know. I started shopping around a bit more and was able to find some better pricing via the forum.

The very first eVics, both Ovale and Joyetech, had heads that would fall off tearing out the wiring. Subsequently, Joyetech brought out a new head design with two screws holding it on. An Ovale sold today may be one of the originals.

I'd carry an eGo/EVOD on errands before I would my eVic. It's too big and just not up to REO (which I own) or Provari (which I don't) ruggedness.

I bought the lighter-duty eVic for home use (not big on being seen sucking on a dildo in public) and have successfully used cartos/tanks, disposable attys, and ProTanks (original design with o-rings) on it. I bought two more of the Samsung pink batteries for it. All have performed well.

I bought my eVic for $59.95 plus shipping. I've heard of pricing near that for Joyetech eVics here recently. Rather than pay much more for it you might consider saving the money (especially near $100) toward something more substantial. YMMV

That's a good idea. I've been keeping the provari and higher end stuff off till christmas rolls around, or a really awesome reward :)

If only my Provari had my eVic's interface, I'd be completely satisfied... I guess that's why I'm doing my iwn DNA 20 mod... I can't rival Provari's workmanship and ruggedness though...

Out of the two, the one I'm most comfortable using is the eVic, the one that I think is the powerhouse is my Provari...

eVic cannot do 6V or 15W, but the interface is still the best IMO... Other mods can try to display the things eVic does, but it's buried in another screen or it's hokey (Kamry comes to mind)...

Unless you're planning to take the eVic out on the Safari or adventure, I wouldn't recommend it... For me, I'm stuck in a suburbia world mostly, work in an office, so my eVic isn't gonna see some rough handling other than my own clumsy hands...

Isn't any and every day an adventure? :2cool:

So, I've spent a little bit of time looking around for deals, and this is what I've found so far that are the best. Can anyone find anything better?

1) http://mikeusa.com/JOYE_EVIC_ELECTRONIC_CIGARETTE___SILVER-details.aspx With the evic coupon, and then add shipping to it, it comes out to $79.

2) Joye eVic Starter Kit Variable Voltage by Joyetech and replacement parts on sale No coupon, nor ECF discount that I can find. With shipping, it comes out to $84.94

3) Joyetech eVic v1 Control Head Express Kit (DEVICE ONLY) - EVcigarettes.com Without the battery, charger, and shipping it comes out to $69.99. Yet it comes with a free atomizer? I think between the items missing, I'll easily end up paying near 100 dollars.

4) High Desert Vape was out of stock

5) Joyetech E-Vic Starter Kit So it comes with a free mini protank 2, and two bottles of juice for $84.95 before shipping.

I'm really leaning towards the first option... Shame I can't find anything closer to the 60 dollar mark

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA

SAME here i wished .... my provari with an Evic interface/display... that will be perfect for me... i had dropped my evic so many times i had to solder it over 4 times... this time i just cannot find the time to do the soldering =(

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
20130410_031112.jpg 20130410_033945.jpg 20130410_032635.jpg 20130408_214706.jpg i usually would carry the Evic in short mode 18350 with 1 extra fully charged batt. use the 18650 mode when not moving about too much.... all in all i really like my evic but i just have to really baby it so the head wont keep coming off... this time when i solder the wires i will use epoxy to make a permanent seal...

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I've had an eVic since they first hit the market. It is my favorite device for home or in the car. But it's not exactly pocket friendly and I wouldn't take it on safari as someone else said.

At work I carry a Vamo for use at my desk and eGo for pocketing while on the move in the plant areas of my job site. I could take the eVic for use at the desk but I wouldn't lose much sleep if something happened to the Vamo although it works well enough.

And to echo something else that's been said - I'd buy a Provari if it had the eVic's features but it doesn't. Right now the only things it offers that attract me is ruggedness and craftsmanship.

I'll add this too. The ability to go over 5v is overrated. Use delivery devices in the correct resistance range and it's all good for the vast majority that just want to get a good no hassle vape. If you're into what I will call extreme vaping then maybe not.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
What works for me may not work for you.

That said, I own 2 eVic's and have put both through the wringer for over 9 months. they travel to work daily and get used constantly. I purchased 4 Panasonic CGR185650CH batteries for swapping and a decent 2 bay charger.

I have arthritis in both hands and constantly knock them over. So far no heads popping off(mine are original first run units)

I understand the Provari is more durable as it is based off Mechanical mod designs using Stainless Steel and compact secure components. I own several Mech's.
Still I like having several feature only available as a package in the eVic.

Is it the end all be all - No, I do not believe ANY mod is.
Is it worth the investment - for many users, absolutely. for some, not so much.

Like a high end smart phone, if you don't take care of it, it Will let you down.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
I think that the Evic is a good choice, but not the best carrying device. I have several mods, but for "out and about" vaping I use the Triton or iTaste 3.0 as they givesa quality vape in a more portable configuration.

I work in an office environment punctuated by occasional travel. Sticking any tube mod in my pocket, even with an 18350 tube doesn't work for me.

I carry a MVP in my computer case, or occasionally the Evic, but more often than not I simply want something smaller and lighter.

The 5volt/11watt limitation means nothing to me. Very few vapers use more than that anyway.

Actually, I would recommend trying the Innokin iTaste 3.0 first. Small, portable, but with all the settings that a vaper could ask for.

dejena

Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Seattle, WA
All great advice :)

I'll be keeping my Halo Triton, but only half of the stuff I have. The rest I'll make a beginner's kit for someone :) Afterall, I've got too much juice that I'm just "meh" about!

Also, it looks like the store I bought from today, Mike & Carol's Internet Store is planning on no longer carrying the evic due to the increasing prices from joyetech. Shame, because they were really prompt at receiving my order, on a sunday too!!

I did also pick up some Kanger T3S, since i've never used bottom coil tanks.

Yay, I love vape mail!

My evic should be here tomorrow, so I have nothing to say about it. However I got it because I wanted an at home piece. I have an iTaste vv/vw 3 that I love! I can't say enough good things about it. I will continue to use it for my travel vape. If you feel that the eVic is too much to travel with might I recommend the iTaste, it won't let you down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread